BYOND account: Gobberman
Character name: Volfas Engelman
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Alt account of Gobberman / metacommunication / lying
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-15 17:11:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry [EU]
Round ID in which ban was placed: 164171
Your side of the story: I was accused of having an alt account who was a Warden and gave me some weapons. In reality the player was my friend and he offered me a shotgun and armour.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly I like playing the game and your servers are probably the best due to the fact that they give me no lag. I'm still kind of learning to be honest and I don't want to stop now, so please give me a chance and unban me. You won't have to deal with this again. I will reread the rules and not give into random offers. Also to protect the roleplay experience, I will not communicate with my friend in any way.
References of good conduct: I haven't most of the servers are really laggy and the only other one was beestation that I was banned on about a year ago. Never got around to making some kind of appeal.
Anything else we should know: In all honesty I'd like to get a chance to play there because I really like the game and I don't want to make this thing a huge deal. I understand my mistake and I'd like to continue playing the game the right way.
Last edited by Gobberman on Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Re: [BrotherBeyond] Gobberman - Alt account of Gobberman

Post by BrotherBeyond » #603060

Hiya mate! Thanks for appealing.

The reason for the ban specifically was "Metacomms with Riebalas. Lying in ahelps. Wordlessly met up with the warden in courtroom and got given gear. Joined at the same time midway through the round as the warden. Appeal on the forums.".

You have three separate alt accounts (one that you used to evade on beestation, but that's not the reason for the ban) which is the reason I brought them up. The original ban you had on beestation was for griefing and metacomms with your friend, Riebalas. Due to this, I watched you and you very quickly met up with your friend (the warden, I believe) and followed him to brig. He retrieved some gear, walked you to the courtroom and gave it to you. I bwoinked you both, neither of you replied and the server crashed (thanks terry!).

You rejoined the next round and I bwoinked you then. The ticket went like:

"Hiya mate! Could I ask if you know Riebalas?"

"I don't, what's wrong ?" (Lying).

A bit more back and fourth until I say:

"I am going to be placing a permanent ban on this ckey. Feel free to appeal on the forums, though I suggest not lying."

And you reply "Anyways, If the warden can't give me stuff just tell me". This, to me, seems as if you continued lying by doubling down on you not knowing Riebalas.

I will be denying this appeal since you've lied in ahelps and have used metacomms (presumably for multiple rounds, as you joined a few rounds ago with your mate). In addition to that, you've been banned on another server for a similar reason so it's not like this is a one time thing. I do understand that the ban on beestation was a while ago, though.

Appeal in a few months, preferably with a reference of good conduct.
Gobberman

Post by Gobberman » #603081

Come on... Why do you have to sweat me like that. I understand that what I did was wrong, but to be honest I don't see - why you have to make me wait months ? I get that it's ''serious'' what I did there, but you still have my background, I'm not going anywhere... You could just let me play and if something like that happens again then you can perm me... But now ? I don't think it's quite fair... Once again I'm truly sorry, please don't make me wait so long.

I would really appreciate you reconsidering this situation and giving me one more chance, I'll prove it to you that I can be a nice player. (?Maybe even an asset to your community?)

(P.S I wrote that I was blamed for an ALT account because it was the only thing that they showed me when I joined the server after getting banned.)
LoveMirror
Byond Username: LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #603149

Just a tiny peanut post to clarify the round the metacomming occurred was 164171 not 164172. Kieth4 was the warden in the latter and was not involved.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #603334

After thinking through the ban a bit more, I'm willing to reduce the time from permanent to a month. Please contact an admin on discord if you are not unbanned a month from now (give it a few hours, past, though).

Please also remember to follow the rules when you return and do not use any accounts other than Gobberman from now on. Your friend will have to make a separate appeal.