Byond Username: Yepi

[DISCORD] You#7781

Post by Yepi » #603277

Discord username:
You#7781
Banning admin:
Hulkamania
Ban reason:
Posting a bunch of exploity shit to the discord. Mirroring the ban in game. (source is the 'Access denied.' message)
Time of the ban:
2020-12-13 03:39:59 (i assume GMT+3)
Your side of the story:
I made python scripts that automated jobs and then posted videos of them in action on the discord. Links to the videos are on the discord, but the videos themselves have been privated and then deleted for months. I made three videos, one on making the combat be akin to goonstation's combat, one on making chemistry recipes autocomplete akin to the old functionality of the chem dispenser and one on an automatic genetics solver.
I was tiptoeing the line based on my interpretation of a headadmin ruling
''Do not use them (macros) to gain an IC advantage over other players. Other macros are allowed (i.e. killing yourself in Orion Trail), but are context-dependent.]''
My reasoning was, if i never showed myself using the macros to gain an advantage, then i'm innocent.
Ofcourse, looking back, that is utter nonesense and i don't expect anyone to trust me.
Why do you think you should be unbanned:
In my opinion the ban was completely justified, although i believe i deserved to be banned sooner.
I was power hungry and wanted to be known for the things i made, i recognize how evil and degenerate that is and i'm sorry.
What i did was not fair to other players and i will not do it again.
I've been playing on other servers for the past month and frankly i miss playing on Terry.
I don't have any value i could bring, besides being a normal player and perhaps a good bartender.
As such i promise not to cause any issues and i ask you to remove my ban.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [DISCORD] You#7781

Post by Hulkamania » #603460

You're being candid and straightforward, that I can very much appreciate.

You've also outlined some specific steps you've made towards mending the gap and I also appreciate that much.

What servers have you been playing on? I'd like to verify your good standing with them before really moving forward with this.

I would also like to add that despite your admission of wrongdoing I am still a bit hesitant due to the nature of the ban itself. I'm not sure what you could do to alleviate this admittedly, but if you have any comment about your likelihood of repeating this kind of thing moving forward I'd be interested to hear that as well.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #603537

Would you be willing to open an Issue Report over at the github as to how you accomplished this? We can probably patch the method you used out.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... _report.md
Yepi

Post by Yepi » #603550

In regards to servers that i've played, it has mostly been Goonstation and perhaps some Yogstation.
My hours on these servers, in the current month, are to be counted on the low end of a 10x10 multiplication table, but i haven't gotten into trouble.

In regards to me not repeating this kind of a thing, the most solid evidence would be somehow viewing the history of the deleted videos, since that would show me getting rid of them way before this appeal, but i've tried and i couldn't find a way, so then that idea is going out of the window...
I've been trying to write this response on and off for a day now and frankly i can't come up with any meaningful comment, i tried to be honest and to show that i understand that what i did was wrong and as such show that i wont repeat my actions, but there really isn't anything more to it, i won't do it anymore, but if you don't trust me i understand.
Maybe the thing i sent you over PM's might help my case?
Yepi

Post by Yepi » #603562

iamgoofball wrote:Would you be willing to open an Issue Report over at the github as to how you accomplished this? We can probably patch the method you used out.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... _report.md
Oh shit i didn't refresh the page, i didn't see that you wrote this -
I used pyautogui and tkinter, those are simple image recognition libraries/gui libraries, i didn't modify the game in any way so i don't see a reason to open an issue.

The PM i sent to Hulkmania was about someone messaging me on discord and asking about how i made the scirpts, i don't want to clutter up PM's and those libraries are very popular anyways... So i think its fine if i just post this here
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #603754

I'm going to be lifting this despite my hesitancy. Your willingness to be open and candid is much appreciated, as is the activity that you do have on other stations, minor as it may be.

I will also be levying action against the person who's apparently watching the forums just to get third party tools from people we banned for using third party tools, your willingness to share that information with me is also a sign of good faith that I greatly appreciate.