Johanot
Byond Username: Johanot

[unknown] Johanot - Discord server ban

Post by Johanot » #603949

BYOND account: Johanot
Character name: unrelated
Ban type: discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Posted content generalizing gay people to be pedophiles, proceeded to insult me when I talked to them about it
Time ban was placed: 02/06/2021
Server you were playing on when banned: i dont play ss13
Round ID in which ban was placed: unrelated
Your side of the story: I posted an image of a 4chan post where there was an image of rainbow "booba" pepe and the post was saying "gay people when they see a child" or something along those lines. a server member asked me what the post means and I answered "it means gay people are pedophiles". the member said "why would you post that" and pinged the admins. a little time passed and i noticed a new text channel in the server called "supportbus". i thought it was some new channel that was just created so i decided to post the first random image i found on my phone (picrelated). I also sent some text message there but I dont remember what it was. a few moments later i received a warning from the server's bot and got banned from the server. through all of this, not once did I see a message from an admin to me, so I dont know how or when I "insulted them when they tried to talk to me about it"
Why you think you should be unbanned: I promise to not purposefully insult minorities again. sometimes I post good memes in #shitpost
References of good conduct: my mom says im a well-behaved young man
Anything else we should know: what the dog doin
Attachments
1622541586285.jpg
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [unknown] Johanot - Discord server ban

Post by Vekter » #603955

Banning admin is Gwyn, reason is homophobia.

They've been notified.
Last edited by TWATICUS on Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop throwing your 2 cents into every ban appeal
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Re: [unknown] Johanot - Discord server ban

Post by Gwyn » #604272

Hi. Thank you for appealing.

For transparency, I will provide this image which offers context to the gaffe that happened in supportbus.

After that I issued the ban, though your post did not have much to do with it.

I have now learned an annoying little quirk about bringing people into supportbus, and that is that it's very buggy about what posts it shows, since post history is disabled. This causes people to miss comments that were directed to them. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you did not see my two comments, and just shitposted on instinct. I'll remove anything related to this part of the incident from your note history.

As for the actual offense you were banned over, it was a flagrantly homophobic image generalizing homosexuals to be pedophiles. Not only is this extremely insulting to homosexuals, but I take this very seriously because people tend to, very understandably, react very aggressively and violently to pedophiles. Spreading shit like this can actually endanger homosexuals when others start believing it. Not only that, but it's extremely disrespectful to actual victims of child abuse to make "jokes" like this.

From looking at the brevity and unserious approach of your appeal, you have clearly not understood the above context as to why I banned you for what you posted. This just about one of the worst one post rulebreaks of this rule you could have possibly made. And because you have shown no sign of genuine remorse or understanding of why what you did was wrong, I will not be lifting this ban.

You can appeal again in a year from now, with a vouch from another ss13 server. I hope you can use this time to seriously consider what you did and learn from it.