alex barber.
Byond Username: John_Pootis

[sacko] ban appeal or something

Post by alex barber. » #605537

BYOND account: johnpootis
Character name: Alex Barber
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1440 minutes
Ban reason: kept killing borg for spraying him with space drugs please use law one if you don't want the spray
Time ban was placed: 2021-07-01 02:56:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 165125
Your side of the story: The borg had approached me and randomly sprayed unknown chemicals in my eyes, I had no way of knowing whether it would kill me or not, and I wasn't told the contents of the spray until the end of the round in the ahelp. So I had taken action and destroyed the borg, my thinking that it was rogue or emagged or something of the sort. Law 1 was completely not applicable in this scenario, due to my belief of it being rogue, and I was not even able to explain the full story, due to the strange nature of the Ahelp and the fact that the admin began ignoring me outright. I had also stated in the ahelp that the borg had threatened to bolt open doors and began to do so, but this was completely ignored by the admin. This ended in the borg being blown 4 separate times, which only reinforced my belief of said borg and in turn the AI as being rogue. On top of that, the AI was refusing to abide by law 2 orders on multiple occasions, making excuses and loopholes instead, an extremely suspicious move.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that the admin did not have enough information before banning me, and ignored my responses on multiple occasions. I wish for the note to be removed.
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Re: [sacko] ban appeal or something

Post by Sacko » #605559

Hello Alex, I'd like to start out the appeal by apologizing for any sloppy ticket handling on my part. I understand that led to many more questions than answers on your part. I'm glad we have a second opportunity to clear up any confusion here.

When I gave you that note I performed a 10 point blunder by confusing laws 1 and 2. My thoughts when making that note were that it would have been better to scold the borg for spraying you instead of moving directly to lethals. However from my note you could have had no way to infer that. What's more is this shoot first mentality, though one I may find unsavory is usually the best way to keep yourself alive. when a borg injects you with god knows what with no warning other than "Let me see your eyes" may be considered reason to exercise that self preservation. I will go ahead and remove that erroneous note instead of modifying it. If you'd like to ask anything else about the note or go over logs just for the fun of it I'll be here all night. Either way the note is lifted. Again I will thank you for appealing and have a good night sir!
alex barber.
Byond Username: John_Pootis

Post by alex barber. » #605561

[center]GOOD DAY SIR.[/center]
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #605583

Since Sacko has not yet ascended to the lofty height of forum fullmin, I'm gonna lock and move this on his behalf since it is all resolved and the OP appears satisfied with the outcome.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin