Post by SideCat » #608289

BYOND account: SideCat, Sidecat450
Character name: SideCat - Sergey Petrenko, Sidecat450 - Deimous Smokey
Ban type: All
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Multikeying alt of Sidecat.
Time ban was placed: 2021-07-22 04:29:36
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: This Ban (BanID #55531) was applied by Spookuni during round ID 166405.

My side of the story: I've rolled antag role (traitor) during 3 player shift (at that time, more players joined in later on around +3~) on my main BYOND account - SideCat. Had a poor attempt at being gimmicky traitor. Died without accomplishing much, had a moment of weakness and instead of dealing with it and waiting for next shift (or going to sleep), I've entered on the same server under different old account - Sidecat450. Made a character and wanted to just chill during that shift, but I rolled midround antag (traitor) and tried to accomplish my objectives then I died again without accomplishing anything nor killing someone during that shift and left the server to finally sleep. Later on I realised my mistake and how dumb it was at that. Not only I multikeyed, but it was obvious by being showed in antag role round end status and having same ckey. So I went to sleep already knowing what awaits me next morning.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Justify it.

In all honesty, this is justified ban from your perspective as a moderators/administrators of /tg/ servers. If administrators will close their eyes on someone multikeying during low pop shift, because of being frustrated that they died, situation regarding multikeying will turn into slippery slope. From my perspective it was a moment of weakness as a human being, tiredness and not functioning properly in thinking. Some people only starts to truly value things when they lose it and I'm one of them. I really value /tg/ and I've no wish to be a part of its' problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any major rule breaking nor much minor rule breaking (except one warning I had, which was long time ago and It was misunderstanding if I remember correctly), that I've caused during my playtime on these servers besides this one. I apologies for causing trouble and I'm willing to cooperate with /tg/ community in any ways. Most of the times I'm doing proper work when I'm rolling any job besides assistant and always trying to improve regarding it. I hope for your understanding and if any further infromation needed, I'll answer it to best of my ability.

Here are two videos in which I recorded deactivating my second account and overall showing that I've no any others and to prove I've no ill wills:
1st:
2nd:

References of good conduct: I've same character on CM-SS13 server - Sergey Petrenko, this is the second server that I've played mostly besides /tg/. The only trouble I had there is that I've shot other marine at the round end as a marine as well, because of old habits and mentality that you can do whatever after round end and after that I haven't caused any further troubles.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: [Spookuni] SideCat - Multikeying

Post by spookuni » #608294

Hi, Thanks for making an appeal.

Your recent history is quite clean of problems, so I'm largely willing to take your word that you understand that this is a major violation of server rules, and must not be repeated.

With that said, you DID break those rules, and use your second account to attack the department that originally crit you and attack the detective who arrested you, so while I'll be reducing the ban and applying probation, I won't be completely undoing it.

Logs for round 166398 here https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/166398
Crit by miner
Spoiler:
01:24:48 ATTACK Bassu/(Emma Watson) has attacked SideCat/(Sergey Petrenko) with survival knife (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -8.7) (69, 164, 2) Mining Office
Arrested by detective
Spoiler:
01:24:48 ATTACK Bassu/(Emma Watson) has attacked SideCat/(Sergey Petrenko) with survival knife (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -8.7) (69, 164, 2) Mining Office
01:25:13 ATTACK King_Mapache/(Elizabeth Sauter) has attempted to handcuff SideCat/(Sergey Petrenko) (NEWHP: -36) (64, 162, 2) Mining Office
Shooting at the detective before moving to the vault
Spoiler:
02:02:32 ATTACK Sidecat450/(Deimos Smokey) has fired at [floor] with 9mm hollow-point bullet from Aft Primary Hallway (106, 76, 2) Aft Primary Hallway
02:02:32 ATTACK Sidecat450/(Deimos Smokey) has shot King_Mapache/(Elizabeth Sauter) with 9mm hollow-point bullet (NEWHP: 92.2) (107, 75, 2) Aft Primary Hallway
02:02:33 ATTACK Sidecat450/(Deimos Smokey) has fired at [floor] with 9mm hollow-point bullet from Departure Lounge (107, 74, 2) Departure Lounge
02:02:43 ATTACK Sidecat450/(Deimos Smokey) has fired at [floor] with 9mm hollow-point bullet from Aft Primary Hallway (107, 82, 2) Aft Primary Hallway
Breaking into the vault (I believe you mistook your SM sliver retrieval objective for the nuke core retrieval objective, given that you hit the self destruct with your supermatter scalpel)
Spoiler:
02:04:57 GAME Sidecat450/(Deimos Smokey) planted C-4 charge on Vault at Storage Wing (83,159,2) with a 10 second fuse
02:05:54 ATTACK Sidecat450/(Deimos Smokey) has attacked [station self-destruct terminal] with the supermatter scalpel (83, 162, 2) Vault
There's some precedent on the matter of multikeying in the past, so I'll leave some time for the headmins to interject if they believe I am being either overly harsh or overly lenient, but for now I'll be dropping this ban down to a week server ban, and an additional three months of probation.
SideCat
Byond Username: SideCat

Re: [Spookuni] SideCat - Multikeying

Post by SideCat » #608297

G'day, thank you for replying to my ban appeal swiftly and for understanding problem.

To clear misunderstanding or at the very least explain these logs from my view, I want to say that when I playing with my first character aka. Sergey Petrenko, I was really obvious traitor, because I tried to be gimmicky with such low pop. People were warned about me so I was trying to unlock russian military crates from cargo via lava from mining base, miner arrived and I had to go fight with them to get away, but I've lost, got to crit then I was arrested and I died to blood loss. They put my brain into MMI, but I refused to be borged by telling them while in MMI that I wouldn't wish to be a borg, so they gave up and just finished me. When I arrived as a second character Deimous Smokey, I tried to do my objective stealthy, but I also tried to do a reference gimmick, so I went for detective's trenchcoat in detective's room, but detective saw me at the very last moment of me leaving so I had to run. After running away from detective, I've met detective and HoS again the hallway and they were talking about me, but once they saw me they run at me, so I knew they would try to arrest me and find out about contraband items. I shot at them first, so they would get scared and then I went for vault. I was very sleepy at that time so I just by reflex went for vault, because these objective are a bit same and I usually get the vault one. After finding out it was wrong objective I went for SM, but there was engineer that saw me and then ran after me and alerted everyone else. I ran, but I got caught and killed and I left the server. I had no revenge intentions, just tried to spice round up, especially when many of the crew were saying that it was really quiet and boring shift.

Regarding past multikeying, it was very long time ago, when I was still using old account - Sidecat450. I made it with numbers, when I was pretty young so over time I wanted to make more clear BYOND nickname account and with new mail, that I've made. I made SideCat and went on /tg/, administrator noticed that I was playing previously with Sidecat450 BYOND nickname and asked me question regarding that. I've explained them why I did that aka. I wanted to play with more clear BYOND nickname and said I wouldn't use it any longer and we agreed on that. Sidecat450 account was made in 2013, you can see it on the second video I've send in first post.

Again, thank you for reading my ban appeal and reconsidering my sentence, if you have any further question, I'll answer them as soon as possible.