[FatalX1] Kekium - sec job ban, because i was not going to listen to retards offending me

Appeals which have been closed.
Colovorat
Byond Username: Kekium

[FatalX1] Kekium - sec job ban, because i was not going to listen to retards offending me

Post by Colovorat » #610402

BYOND account: Kekium
Character name: Kira Walker
Ban type: /Role[security]
Ban length: Week
Ban reason: Poor security play, stabbing an offender multiple times with a spear, and another officer bluespace bodybagged him, leading to his death, because he tried to pull a prank with the bag, security are expected to use non-lethal force in the first instance
Time ban was placed: 2021-08-10 18:20:14(i hope it's right)
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 167568
Your side of the story: First of all i am sorry if i make mistakes, or badly write my thoughts, i am not an english speaker from birth. So the situation was like that: I was standing with Elizabeth Sauter in medbay entrance chilling, speaking with the hos when the guy Israel Compton tried to prank us and hos with bluespace bodybag, which i honestly didn't cared. After i belive, i disrupted him from his prank, he said something like: "Kira is a girl name". Which i took personally, not as sec officer, but like as a person because shit tone of people already think that my charachter is a woman(which is fucking not). He literally offended him and i stabbed him 3-4 times with wielded spear(because i was roleplaying a gladiator with spears), after i finished he was still alive. After that Elizabeth put him in bluespace bodybag and we go to chapel where she threw bag behind tables. We go on doing our duties, where i might think that guy went into crit because of blood lose, but we continued with our duties.
Why you think you should be unbanned: As because i was on sec role at that moment, i would take sec job ban, but not a week ban for sure.
References of good conduct: Had around 300 hours without any severe notes, i think
Anything else we should know: just a side note: had a situation when i was in a fight with hos as assistant, after some speaking with fatal on that, i got note to not taking matters in my own hand and ahelp if sec is shit. Some time later, got killed or something don't remember by sec, i ahelp it, and guess who answers my ahelp. Fatal said: IC issue. I have overall bad experience with Fatal and his answers: IC issue, but surprisingly not with any other admins
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Kekium - sec job ban, because i was not going to listen to retards offending me

Post by Fatal » #610412

I guess I have to quote this again:

Rule 1 of the main rules apply to security. The only exception is that security is generally considered to be armed with non-lethal methods to control a situation. Therefore, where reasonably possible, security is expected to use non-lethal methods first in a conflict before escalating to lethal methods.

Someone saying "Kira is a girl name" is not grounds to stab someone multiple times with a spear and then leave them for another officer to stick in a bluespace bodybag for them to bleed out (which the other officer received punishment from also)

EDIT: Adding this in also:

(because i was roleplaying a gladiator with spears)

This in my opinion comes close to this, and as a security officer you are held to a better standard than "being a gladiator with a spear"

Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban.

Regardless of how you feel about me or how I handle these things (and there is a seperate way to deal with that if you choose because I don't see how it has any relevance here), this is a clear breach of security rules and conduct and a week security ban is appropriate
Colovorat

Re: [FatalX1] Kekium - sec job ban, because i was not going to listen to retards offending me

Post by Colovorat » #610413

Fatal wrote:I guess I have to quote this again:

Rule 1 of the main rules apply to security. The only exception is that security is generally considered to be armed with non-lethal methods to control a situation. Therefore, where reasonably possible, security is expected to use non-lethal methods first in a conflict before escalating to lethal methods.

Someone saying "Kira is a girl name" is not grounds to stab someone multiple times with a spear and then leave them for another officer to stick in a bluespace bodybag for them to bleed out (which the other officer received punishment from also)

Regardless of how you feel about me or how I handle these things (and there is a seperate way to deal with that if you choose because I don't see how it has any relevance here), this is a clear breach of security rules and conduct and a week security ban is appropriate
It is a ground to stab a person. If you say something, get ready to asnwer for your words(or something like that). After my spear hits he was still pretty alive and he could fled to medbay, where we were at,which he didn't. And as i stated beforei don't see appropriate ban for a week, because this was my intention as character, not a sec officer. i would take a day ban, rather week sec ban
Colovorat

Post by Colovorat » #610414

Fatal wrote: EDIT: Adding this in also:

(because i was roleplaying a gladiator with spears)

This in my opinion comes close to this, and as a security officer you are held to a better standard than "being a gladiator with a spear"
ok try to find something else to have some fun on a dead round, which is happening btw on lrp
edit: not fun in a way of stabbing people, but cosplaying/roleplaying as gladiator
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #610418

Seeing as the issue was with your conduct as security then it's a jobban, which is generally longer than server bans

Headmins can look at this if they want but I don't find someone calling your characters name a girls name and "roleplaying a gladiator" reasonable grounds to be stabbing people with spears multiple time