[Discord] Yupa

Appeals which have been closed.
Yupa

[Discord] Yupa

Post by Yupa » #610797

Discord username: Yupa#5386
Commonly used names: Ikoden
Banning admin: No idea at this point.
Ban reason: I was banned for being a creepy, toxic, immature, narcissistic imbecile. The ban was very needed for me and the community.
Time ban was placed: August 2020, I think.
Your side of the story: I won't make the same mistake of writing hundred paragraphs long versions of the event. Summa summarum, I was a narcissistic, creepy, self-absorbed, toxic dickhead who antagonised everyone who didn't think as I did and I pissed off majority of the community. I was crazy lunatic. The sad part is that I couldn't see it back then, you need to look from another perspective to know how batshit crazy you were. I'm glad I was banned from the community. Now I understand, that the ban was good BOTH for the community and me. Time passed. Life made me humble. I suffered a lot throughout the winter but somehow I got back up, much stronger, calmer and I am in better place mentally.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban was justified. I think I finally changed and became a better person. Speaking in third person is cringe and egotistical, but I think this time it's justified : Ikoden is dead and he is never coming back.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [Discord] Yupa

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #610807

The conduct which got you banned, and especially your conduct after that point was some of the worst I've ever seen on TG. Harrassing multiple people in the community, and rambling on in a way I can best describe as extremely unhinged. I think you crossed the point back then where what you did is just, so egregious that theres no real way I'd ever feel comfortable or confident in unbanning you. You've also given me no real evidence beyond your word that you've changed. So I'm going to deny this appeal.
Yupa

Post by Yupa » #610810

I understand your point. What sort of evidence would you like? In case like this it's hard to think of one. I was barely involved in any Space Station 13 community - the only community that I have been part of is some niche 2D polish MMORPG. If it is soon, then I understand. I hardly play games anyway. I can appeal in half a year or a year, whatever the time required is, maybe this will be some evidence. I will try to play some other Space Station 13 servers in meantime. Patience is a virtue. My deepest apologies to everyone whom I hurt. I have a question though, does my discord ban appeal being denied prevent me from making appeal about ingame ban?

EDIT. To clarify something, the last question involves a scenario where I play a Space Station 13 server, show myself as a guy who can be a valuable part of community and use this as evidence in a future server-vise ban appeal that happens before the required time of 6-12 months before each ban appeal. Of course, I wouldn't make server ban appeal immediately after getting my Discord ban appeal denied. I made this Discord ban appeal just to try to get myself unbanned and to show just by me behaviour that I'm no longer the same toxic person as I don't really have much time to play a SS13 server that doesn't involve my preferred choice of server mechanics and rules. I hardly have time to play games nowadays. Incase I misued my ban appeal chance, I don't mind waiting 6-12 months before server-wise ban appeal attempt.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #610903

does my discord ban appeal being denied prevent me from making appeal about ingame ban?
Id treat this as a kind of community ban, so that involves both the discord/in-game/forum ban. I don't see myself as unbanning you even with a vouch as your actions/conduct were extremely severe. I'd just recommend you close this chapter in your life and move on.
Yupa

Post by Yupa » #610923

I want to prove something to myself, so I will try again. Maybe you aren't going to give me a chance, but someone else in the future will. Until next time. How long is it until next ban appeal? 6 or 12 months?
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #612050

The standard 12 months.