BYOND account: Yesverycool
Character name: Lincoln Hunt
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Alt account of yesverycool
Time ban was placed: 2021-08-22 13:26:55
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 168259
Your side of the story: It started as a cook,i grabbed an ssd assistant to the kitchen,engaged in combat which ended in me gibbing him,turned into a cultist right after the said action,then got teleported to an admin prison on the nanotrasen station where i got banned for 2 weeks,after that about 1 day later i got very bored and tried to go on a different account on terry which resulted in a permanent ban
Why you think you should be unbanned: My first ban being the one for 2 weeks is in my opinion deserved but the permanent ban was a complete accident since i did not know that could happen,/tg/ Basil/Terry are probably the only set of servers i actively play and the only servers i played for about 2-3 years
References of good conduct: I've only played on /tg/ servers
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Re: [BrotherBeyond]Yesverycool-Server Ban

Post by BrotherBeyond » #612468

Hiya, thanks for appealing!

Since SweetDaytona made the original ban, I'll be handing this appeal off to them.
Sweet Daytona
Byond Username: Sweet Daytona

Post by Sweet Daytona » #612479

Lin.coln wrote:BYOND account: Yesverycool
Character name: Lincoln Hunt
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Alt account of yesverycool
Time ban was placed: 2021-08-22 13:26:55
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 168259
Your side of the story: It started as a cook,i grabbed an ssd assistant to the kitchen,engaged in combat which ended in me gibbing him,turned into a cultist right after the said action,then got teleported to an admin prison on the nanotrasen station where i got banned for 2 weeks,after that about 1 day later i got very bored and tried to go on a different account on terry which resulted in a permanent ban
Why you think you should be unbanned: My first ban being the one for 2 weeks is in my opinion deserved but the permanent ban was a complete accident since i did not know that could happen,/tg/ Basil/Terry are probably the only set of servers i actively play and the only servers i played for about 2-3 years
References of good conduct: I've only played on /tg/ servers
Thanks again for appealing.

I'm not sure what your thought process was for believing that evading a punishment wouldn't be met with a harsher one. I would consider forgiving the offenses if it didn't happen repeatedly, which seems to be a theme with you. Why should I believe you'll behave any differently in future?
Lin.coln

Post by Lin.coln » #612486

Thanks for responding.

Trying to make a new account to go on the same server isn't a unique thing , there have been more appeals regarding it and it is mostly done out of pure boredom not intentions to further break the rules,i think it is logical that getting banned scares you away from breaking the rules , since the last time that i was banned was probably early 2020(from what i remember) and ever since i have not been banned.
Sweet Daytona

Post by Sweet Daytona » #612492

there have been more appeals regarding it and it is mostly done out of pure boredom not intentions to further break the rules,
I'd like to see the justice system that acquits criminals on the grounds of boredom.
i think it is logical that getting banned scares you away from breaking the rules
So would I but here we are and I'll ask again, why should I believe you'll behave any differently in future?

I would understand the sentiment if you had only broken each rule a single time, but in both cases of self-antagonist play and ban evasion you've done it multiple times.
Lin.coln

Post by Lin.coln » #612498

I am not sure we are on the same page with the words ''both cases'' since i am pretty sure i only killed an assistant , the other kills were done as a cultist (correct me if i am wrong) , outside of that most of the time if i broke a rule i tried making up for it for the affected player or tried to not repeat it again , this probably being to my knowledge the only time i really eliminated someone from a round without them doing anything substantial and i would never do that again.
Sweet Daytona

Post by Sweet Daytona » #612503

Lin.coln wrote:I am not sure we are on the same page with the words ''both cases'' since i am pretty sure i only killed an assistant , the other kills were done as a cultist (correct me if i am wrong) , outside of that most of the time if i broke a rule i tried making up for it for the affected player or tried to not repeat it again , this probably being to my knowledge the only time i really eliminated someone from a round without them doing anything substantial and i would never do that again.
To my knowledge you've received three notes for self-antag in a week, the last being the most egregious. You've multikeyed during the round I banned you with the account "bigmandude", then the next day you tried to evade your ban with another account "Leding".
I feel like three strikes and you're out is a good metric.
Lin.coln

Post by Lin.coln » #612504

To my knowledge all those times of ''self antag'' there were different reasons and everything was resolved with the staff of each time , as for ''multi keying'' i have only used 1 account to play in all my time in the game , i have never been with 2 accounts in one match or tried to before this very moment since its my first time getting a permaban and i am/was not sure how to react , i am sure most people would react like me in such a situation if they didnt have the past experiences or heard of others have such.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #612527

The reasons for the bans don't matter, the fact that you committed the same offence three times does.

Multikeying is defined as any instance where you're using more than one account on the server and is treated quite seriously. It doesn't matter if you're logged into only one at a time or during the round, we do not allow alts. Period.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lin.coln

Post by Lin.coln » #612557

If i did the same ''offense'' three times in a row i should've been banned the first time i did it , that's how it is for everyone , from what i've heard and saw if you broke the rules you would get punished on the spot and it has happened to me before , there never was a ''three strikes and you're out'' and i see no reason why i should be an exception.As for the same offense , every time it was a completely different thing and everything was resolved with the proper staff on the spot if i were guilty in those moments i would've been banned long time ago , as for the multikeying it was just a mistake on my part i did not know what would happen and i was bored to try it out and felt the consequences.
Lin.coln

Post by Lin.coln » #613114

I think it is more in order for the head admins to review this appeal.
Sweet Daytona

Post by Sweet Daytona » #613285

You're gonna have to forgive me on the lateness of my reply, I wasn't sure how to close it being my second time dealing with a thread like this.

If you want this reviewed by headmins I totally understand, I'm still on trial and I'm learning as I go. I believe the original two week ban was justified, as for the extension due to multi-keying and ban evasion I'm not an expert on the matter, however my decision has been largely shaped by the opinions of far more experienced admins. That opinion being; a permanent ban is appropriate.

Good luck.
Lin.coln

Post by Lin.coln » #613714

All good thanks for replying.

Always agreed with the two week ban but my problem was with the perma one since it was out of a complete accident as explained up.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #615593

You were banned permanently for both multikeying and attempting to evade, which is what this appeal is for.

Very shortly after Sweet Daytona told you that you would be receiving a 2 week ban, you disconnected from the server.
[2021-08-21 22:20:02.689] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sweet Daytona/(Dakota Stafford)->Yesverycool/(Heidi Digson): I've decided to ban you for 2 weeks based on your obvious disregard for the rules over the past few days. Take the time to reflect.
[2021-08-21 22:20:10.000] ACCESS: Logout: Yesverycool/(Heidi Digson)
[2021-08-21 22:20:10.002] GAME: yesverycool[DC]/(Heidi Digson) yesverycool[DC]/(Heidi Digson) is no longer owning mob Heidi Digson(/mob/living/carbon/human) (Charlie Station Engineering (86,198,3))
Three minutes later, before you were banned, you connected with a new account.
"[2021-08-21 22:23:36.189] ACCESS: Mob Login: Bigmandude/(Bigmandude) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
You then made a third account (Leding) and attempted to log in again on round 168251. Both multikeying and ban evasion are met by default with a permanent ban, both of which you did. This appeal is denied.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol - Uphold
RaveRadbury - Uphold
NamelessFairy - Uphold

Logs can be found here: https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/terry/ ... nd-168225/
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: