I Can Hear Colors
Byond Username: I Can Hear Colors

[exavere] - I Can Hear Colors - Permaban

Post by I Can Hear Colors » #613514

BYOND account: ICanHearColors
Character name: Random name every time
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Sup Gamer. Over a long duration, I have come to the conclusion you are not fit to play here anymore and that the community is better off without you in it. You were given several notes and bans for meta grudging and self-antag behavior. You were spoken to by Wesoda a while back that your behavior is largely perceived as borderline, and often times too over the top, by many other admins. I decided to wait to see if things would change. In that time, not only have you not improved, but you've received similar notes for self-antag behavior. Then, while assisting in a Ban Appeal, I noticed you faked being a Changeling, ahelped your death, lied in PMs then admitted to it IC after the fact - this is ban baiting at the core. I joined the server and started watching the ticket between you and Alphonzo, confirming with the original ticket on what was said between you and Arcane, I noticed you are once again lying twisting what was actually discussed with Arcane and claimed the note was False - when in reality it was only your opinion on the matter. These are the final straws that tells me you have not changed for the better. If you wish to debate the reasons why I think you're not to be here anymore come on over to the Forums.
Time ban was placed: 2021-09-01 02:39:55
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 168815
Your side of the story:

Looks like mythy got his wish, my towering pile of questionable notes has papercutted me to death. Here goes my last futile attempts to defend myself.

I could go over literally every single note in my history and tell my side of the story, but lets not even pretend that's going to help my case. Suffice to say that I disagree with many of them and believe what's written in the note is usually different from the situation that occurred, but the effort of a forum post for each one * the chance it actually gets appealed was never worth it. I really dislike forums and ahelps and the agonizingly-lawyerly way we all check our speeches and tiptoe as if our every word will be scrutinized in detail forever in eternity, because they will apparently. Only the super relevant notes / bans are explained below.

Three months ago, I got this nice little note here:
It is the perception of numerous admins that the player in question has a habit of overly aggressive and dickish play which comes close to breaking rule 1 - line toeing, in other words. The purpose of this note is to put an end to the discussions and prove whether these perceptions are true or not. After this point, situations in which this player does not break rule 1, but comes close to it, should be documented. A more proper, non-expiring note should then be made. This expires in 3 months - more than enough time to determine whether or not the perceptions of this player are true. Player has been spoken to regarding this.
Ok, so now I get noted even when I don't break the rules. Damnit, this is surely the end,,, I guess now my many heinous crimes will be cast to light...

A month of normal playtime later, I get this ban:
Banned from the server for 1 day - as non-antagonist repeatedly attempted to slit the throat of another crew member round id #164193 with no real provocation, attempteds to slit the throat of said crewmember were only thwarted by the intervetion of other members of the station crew. Was not available to speak to in a helps. You've already been talked to about dickish pay in the past, including things that aren't technically lethal. Appeal if you desire to do so.

I didn't even know I had the ban till it was over the next day, but the man had obviously not looked into it more than asking the 'victim'. You know when you're stripping someone and they walk away and the action is completely canceled? The clothes stay on, and the victim only receives a message that someone started stripping them. Same goes for throat slitting I had recently found out, canceling it early results in nothing being done. A lizard had broken the window of RND and gone in to steal something from the prolathe, so I grabbed a broken glass off the reinforced-table, grabbed him aggressively, and started the 15 second throat-slit action while moving around, canceling the action and letting me start again immediately. This results in him being completely unharmed as I drag him out fake-slitting through the robo side entrance and let him go, and then I recall getting validhunted by a ghost-phasing-admin-bedsheet friendly-tot later in medbay before leaving, so he must have waited lurking till I was gone to swing the banhammer. I ate a ban for slitting the throat of someone who never had their throat slit, but the timer was already up before I could contest it.

A month later, I get this note:
As a non-antagonist geneticist, wordlessly shove stunned crew and forced dna injectors on them. I have been informed that this is a habit and have spoken to them about forcing injections on others. They agreed to be less forceful with injectors. The only reason for me noting over this is their prior note about rule 1 instances.

So I stopped my hideous, ghastly, unforgivable, horrendous spree of giving people chameleon + tk + space adapt injections. I still give people space adapt, but only if there's a breach and people are dieing from pressure / temperature.
https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/457f45872de4a460 for the ticket if you want, he was very nice and I seemed kinda rude reading it again.

That's it. That's all the notes / bans I got over 151 hours of living playtime over three months with the super scrutiny in place, and I'm damn sure some with more hopeful scrutiny than others. I wasn't even walking on eggshells, I was doing my normal routine the entire time. Nothing else noteworthy, since you guys don't seem to take note of good things, which is TRUELY a godamn pity, but here we are. Technically 5 more days, its suppose to expire on the 5th,,,

But that just means these final notes were off the record.

Then, while assisting in a Ban Appeal, I noticed you faked being a Changeling, ahelped your death, lied in PMs then admitted to it IC after the fact - this is ban baiting at the core.
Exavere is referring to this ticket: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/aef99ffdb66da09c
I'm often a hulk, and security / AIs / borgs / validhunters love to shoot hulks at the first sign of trouble. Legal racism, I understand it even though I wish it applied to moths as well. So I wear masks / biohoods / gloves that cover my skin's green hue, to hide my marks of validness. A bog-standard powergamer pig with a shield permanently out batons me for something I'm sure was minor and ignorable, and I rest on the ground to fake being stunned. When he tries to cuff, I get up and move a bit to the side. He does this multiple times in a row, all while I'm not fighting back and just do flips to mock him, obviously not a threat. Mothblocks the sec officer had seen me as a hulk prior and was telling them over the radio that I'm a hulk, but they declare ling instead and I go down to a galley of laserfire from the whole sec team.
I call to the stand Dean Ivanov, who I've done the rest-fake-out with many a time, and whenever I do it with him he's never fooled and just laughs it off. I had my geneticist ID on the whole time so they could tell my job from their sechud. Security in recent days are 99% of the time aware of what hulks are and assume I'm one (correctly) when I rest and unrest after a fake stun, and while I was pissed off at the start of the ticket I understood after time to cool off that it was maybe questionable by someone who'd dealt with lings but never hulks before to get the wrong gist, even with the moth saying I was a hulk. The captain later removes my brain and asks me about it, and I tell him truthfully I rested and unrested as a hulk, not a changeling. I certainly had the intention of faking being stunned, but I wasn't pretending to be a changeling. He could have thought I was a traitor using adrenals too, but he didn't, and now my ahelp is being used as evidence to ban me.

I joined the server and started watching the ticket between you and Alphonzo, confirming with the original ticket on what was said between you and Arcane, I noticed you are once again lying twisting what was actually discussed with Arcane and claimed the note was False - when in reality it was only your opinion on the matter. These are the final straws that tells me you have not changed for the better.
The ticket with alphonzo in question, where I'm banned at the end: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/168815/3
The ticket where I got the note in question: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/myticke ... 4/8#731738
The ticket immediately following when I got the note in question: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/161002/1
The ticket / note / discussion / whatever I was originally being bwoinked for was about rule 11, the bigotry rule. Rereading it now I guess the discussion wasn't as concluded as I remembered it being, but the gist from my point of view remains the same: I wasn't disparaging anyone based on their race / sex / gender / orientation / etc, but the word was being treated like a banned word regardless of the situation. I was expecting a note along the lines of "don't use not-nice words too often kthnx" but they ended up making it about the rule despite it being the exact scenario it appears to be trying to denounce. I'm not racist, just species-ist (fuck moths), and while I feel extremely uncomfortable coming anywhere close to defending something close to slurs on a public forum, that was an obvious and complete reversal on the spirit of the rule. Pinning a 'he did a racism' rule on my notes when there was no diding of racism as opposed to naughty wordisming is not a good look for the future admins who only judge by notes, and I wanted the matter cleared up. Which I would have loved to clarify with them, which I actually offered in the ticket to do, which I had tried to do in the ticket following the note-giving-ticket to do, but each time ignored by the admin till i was stuck with the verdict.

As I'm making this appeal, I look down the ban-appeal list and see another post about the exact same topic, proving it seems to be a common issue: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29833. I typed the above out before reading the other post in its entirely, but after reading the extra information / intents behind the ruling / examples of bad-wording I now understand what MSO counts as a 'biggotted way' of using terms, which is way more general than I would have imagined but still understandable. There was literally no doubt in my mind up till then that I was 100% in the right, but now I see how it would have gone against his intentions and apologize. It would be nice if those clarifications were more EXPLICITLY PRESENTED TO BE CONSTRUED LIKE THAT IN THE RULE ITSELF, as there is literally no reference to that point of view there, but now that I understand there's more to the rule than what's written in the rule I should not have assumed the note involving it was so cut-and-dry false. While I disagree with almost every note I have, I don't say they're 'false' unless I thought they were blatantly false, which I now understand I really shouldn't say at all till its proven in a court/forum of law despite my feeling on the subject.

Course, none of my refutation matters if you all don't want me here, to which I say: fair. Its kinda obvious you're all having group discussions behind closed doors with my face on a "wanted: dead" poster somewhere, it doesn't matter how real or fake the notes or reasons are if the sentiment is still there. And I admit, the sentiment isn't unfounded at all: I have a much higher tolerance for 'petty crimes' that I consider don't 'seriously' effect peoples rounds like pushing / flashing, I quite often don't get along with the shitsec pigs as a nonantag, I get salty about game mechanics I don't like, and plenty more I'm sure you can tell me.

The round I was banned, my geneticist coworker was a heretic who threw his living heart at me asking 'how do I sacrifice you with this'. What would most players do in that situation? What would you do?
He was new obviously new and asking for help, even from the guy he was trying to sacrifice. I liked that. I spent most of the rest of the shift helping him, guided him through the unintuitive process of how to make his tools again when they got confiscated, taught him about heretic cracks and strategies like making multiple hearts and helped him set off on his fun adventure of probably-dieing-in-the-next-few-moments-because-he-was-noob-on-a-server-of-validhunters. He was chill, and I love supporting chill nubs who are willing to learn.

The round I was banned, the roboticist went into genetics with his skeleton-crew-access-that-hasn't-been-fixed-in-over-a-year. You've all know the territorial jobbers who defend their land and throw you in disposals? The kind that always get away with it when you ahelp?
Not me. He was chill, didn't mess with the computers I was working on, and when I let him check the other computers for powers he actually helped out and unlocked a few blocks. I found hulk, he asked for it so I gave him a copy. I unlocked the other powers since there wasn't much else to do, copied them on all the computers so people who come in can get their powers sans hulk (looking at you, moth players who break in literally every shift) so everyone could get the space adapt they wanted. With nanites gone, genetics is the only en-mass way I have of benefitting the station so I get used to the idea of everyone inevitably breaking in whenever they feel like it.

The round I was banned, I saw my roboticist friend being blindsided and killed by the rd, and dragged him to medbay. The RD open fired on me, I barely survived, and when he came close enough I shove-cuffed him and tied him to a rolling bed. He was dead to rights, completely helpless and valid for me to kill in retaliation. Thats why we're here, right? To hunt and kill valids?
But executing someone on a late-night relatively-lowpop round felt wrong, so I left him tied to unbuckle-cuff himself at the nearby clown's mercy while I dragged the robo to medbay storage. Turns out the borgs / AI were subverted, since one immediately came to rescue him and finish us both off. That's what I get for being merciful.

I'm later revived, arrested by an officer, dragged to brig with a burn wound from the borg's welding tool, left bucklecuffed till the wound becomes totally infected and my chest locks up, and am dragged to medbay where I grab an obviously-holoparasited-charcoal bottle and explode and die, for the lulz. An admin asks me if I've dealt with rule 11 before completely out of the blue, I say yes and reiterate what I remembered about the previous admin note, offering to help look up the ticket and sort things out, and am hit with the permabanhammer after 15 minutes of silence. Final word, no ifs ands or butts, go to the forum, do not collect 200. I still have no clue what that ahelp was originally about. Is that good admining?

You're killing a player that plays differently than most of you, yes. Moth players think this is Amongus with complex controls, I've always considered it multiplayer DF. I take pages of notes on the intricacies of interactions between all the amazing complex systems this game has to offer, and use that knowledge to revel in the hunt of slipping spacemen with fire extinguishers as a miniature hulk doing flips while wearing ugly biohoods. I shift between writing passionate walls of text defending things that get removed (like me) to wordlessly shoving you down and injecting you with magical superpowers that drastically improve your life, shortly before you kill me with them. I play with a fucked up code of honor that's often antithesis to winning but tithisus to glory, usually all out against the entire station till I die a pillar of salt over the FUCKING OP SILICONS or the BULLSHIT STUNLOCK DURATIONS and plan accordingly next time. I've got a todo list of things to test, plan or perfect that will hopefully never run out, though with some portions that occasionally get archived when they're removed by ided c*ders. I've mapped and memorized every away gateway and space ruin, and pass along that knowledge and experience to a newfound squire when I make a call to adventure for any noble warriors to come dab upon the phat lewt of the diabolical skeleton gauntlet. This game is a blast, those nerds playing dressup in medbay don't know what they're missing.

I've not been playing this game to win any popularity contests: I've abandoned my one true friend Bryant Balt for better hunting grounds on Sybil, and I've never really associated with any of your cliques or metagangs or racism squads and such in favor of saying 'neato' at cool dudes doing cool stuff, live and let live style. It is my fate to die alone, here or in the next note-grudge-based permaban, the inevitable slow curse of the mothmin dark arts. Rereading my tickets without the pacing and feel of the in-game flow makes me admit I don't seem pleasant to text with, but in-game I'd like to think that last round described above is what the non-regulars get when I interact with them. I do a few clown-tier pranks, maybe spam aoe non-stunning flashes a bit often than I should in non-threatening situations, but never anything seriously round ruining. Do I carefully considerer everyone's feelings and plan my every move around what causes the maximum amount of fun for everyone involved? No, I plead guilty to often leaning towards what's more fun for me, but what's fun for me more often than my notes let on involves helping people in need when the opportunity comes up. I haven't been playing to get in your good graces and I admit I'm not exactly on my way up to hrp standards, but if you take off your anti-nostalgia glasses I hope you can understand I'm not exactly the hardcore griefing menace machine you seem to think I am. Sans when I'm antag of course.

I'll give you the same guarantee I gave yogstation, back when I was permabanned for getting AA from a hop's open ID console: I don't lie in tickets, and I didn't lie here. Take away my right to appeal if I did. God knows I'm an ugly imperfect human and maybe misremember things when they go far back, or misconstrue sentiments when I'm stubborn thinking I was in the right on a subject, but what you see is what I really think / feel.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: [exavere] - I Can Hear Colors - Permaban

Post by ArcaneDefence » #613586

I Can Hear Colors wrote: The ticket where I got the note in question: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/myticke ... 4/8#731738
The ticket immediately following when I got the note in question: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/161002/1
You may want to review some of the links in your post, as /mytickets/ is just going to give people a "you do not have permission to view this" page until they're publicized and linked similarly to the others you have done, such as-
I Can Hear Colors wrote: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/457f45872de4a460 for the ticket if you want
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #613600

I editted out the spacing so it can be read easier
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Post by Exavere » #613679

It was honestly a good read, I think you made some good points and while the stories seem pretty off topic I feel they had some weight of character to them. With how much effort you've put into this I can try to respond similar in kind with why I did this.
Looks like mythy got his wish, my towering pile of questionable notes has papercutted me to death.
I'll start here, since I feel this small sentence actually says a lot about the gist of what's going on. I am not going to go over every single note/ban you've gotten to date in regards to whether they are "questionable" or not. That's a topic of subjectivity that will require note appeals for every single one of them, and I have to stand on a level of bare-minimum certainty that the history is truthful. While I understand that you basically hate all Moth Players, and have it set as well as concrete in your mind that they're all shitters especially "The Mothmins", it has began to go beyond just that over time.
Three months ago, I got this nice little note here:
It is the perception of numerous admins that the player in question has a habit of overly aggressive and dickish play which comes close to breaking rule 1 - line toeing, in other words. The purpose of this note is to put an end to the discussions and prove whether these perceptions are true or not. After this point, situations in which this player does not break rule 1, but comes close to it, should be documented. A more proper, non-expiring note should then be made. This expires in 3 months - more than enough time to determine whether or not the perceptions of this player are true. Player has been spoken to regarding this.
As shown by that note it wasn't just a few select admins who were eyeballing your behavior as whether or not you were a net-negative, but other admins as well including me. You have indeed been brought up for discussions as to whether or not you were worth keeping around as a benefit to the server. There are points against you staying, and there are points that you should stay. If you're curious to know, at the times I was actually present for these talks, I was mostly for keeping you around and told/agreed with others that bans/notes shouldn't be made by anyone who has any personal negative feelings about you on a few occasions - for obvious reasons. I knew that you were a bit abrasive, at times over the top with salt, but not entirely malicious nor that big of a problem. However, though you weren't completely breaking them, you often come too close to rule 1 breaks lot of the time - which is what that note was likely for, I wasn't there for any of it's creation. I never really thought much of it all at the time as well, I just assumed others were possibly getting a little too upset over small matters. But then I saw in the appeal, that I was going over with Derpman3, that you had heavy influence (Basically was the major deciding factor from what I heard from Derpman3) in getting another player banned as well as being very dodgey in PMs during that process which makes me think you were just being deceitful. So I can't really justify holding myself to my original views anymore, it has stepped into the realm of bad faith and I have to treat it as such.

The gist of what I mean about my saying of bad faith, and not good for the server. After the chaos of all that took place of you running from, resisting arrest and pushing back at security, after you got killed by security and the Captain under the assumption you were a changeling, you ahelped "Why the fuck is shitsec calling me a ling 'for no reason'" and that ahelp contributed largely in another player being wrongfully banned under "had gone after a geneticist who had been falsely claimed to be a ling and had contributed to their death". Then once you were put into an MMI, a while after your ahelp, you admitted to purposefully resting to fake being like a changeling IC though you say in your forum post "I wasn't pretending to be a changeling. He could have thought I was a traitor using Adrenals too" - which essentially just makes me think you had the intention to be deceitful throughout the whole ordeal especially given you acted like you had no idea what was going on in your Ticket with Derpman3.
Spoiler:
Quick touch on the Mothcop's word, he did indeed tell someone. The Captain and HoS were pretty convinced you were a Changeling given their Convo in the Brig (I would've posted the entire Convo, but it's just them confirming their suspicions with each other and would take up more space on this Forum), even though he said you were a hulk he also told them "is a hulk and was trying to to lethal me" which didn't help you very much, not entirely sure why he thought you were trying to lethal him. Thankfully the Captain payed some attention to them, which is why you ended up in an MMI later to be questioned as a brain rather than just straight up cremated. Which the HoS was attempting to do since he didn't hear the Moth and was still convinced you were a changeling. So I don't think it's really good enough to say that everyone involved knew better, you definitely convinced most of them otherwise.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/aef99ffdb66da09c -- I think you were very dodgey to most of the questions he was asking you during this time and randomly sparking off topic to insult players and saying things like "just wondering if i go shitsec if i'm allowed to kill and cremate anyone i want if i call them a ling first" which is pretty uncalled for given you intentionally faked it especially more so with stuff like "i guess he was just a legitimate retarded bog-standard animalfucker shitsec who thought me being a hulk means i was a ling, nvm my ahelp". Going off topic to talk about "Witch Hunts" and whatever when it was very obvious why there was a "Witch Hunt" for you. You responding to his questions like this during the ticket when most of what occurred is what you did to yourself is pretty hard to describe, but all I can really think is "Yikes" and I think it really shows why this ban is a good idea. Also him asking if you had Sec Gear and you only telling him "I don't think so" even though you had busted into the Science SecPost to get a sec locker merely 2 and a half minutes before your death for "Flash Protection" goes to show me the dodgeyness of your answers, your memory is good enough to recall most of what happened hours ago but you couldn't remember 2 1/2 minutes prior makes it even harder for me to think you're not being deceitful. Thankfully Derpman3 contacted me for help on that Appeal or the player may of remained banned, who knows, but it showed me that you being on the server is now putting others at risk of getting thrown into positions where they get wrongfully beaned. That stuff alone is pretty bad but mostly it shows that I cannot trust you. If I cannot do that, especially given what just happened and was stated, then I must assume bad faith for all of the history. I have to do a Quality Control ban, so this ban is essentially a Rule 0 Ban.

I enjoy your story of the nice things you did during this round, I believe that even people who aren't an overall positive to a community can have good qualities or moments. I am not going to ignore your good side, as that isn't very fair, but given the circumstances of your behavior, the nature of this ban and the history to go with it I cannot wave off and justify everything with my own personal feelings for that would make me fail the role I chose to be in. I also really like that you have notes, drawings and all that jazz pertaining to the game. I think it's great that you are so invested into it, that you have even made more plans and are a big fan of forming essentially a scientific hypothesis and going from there. But like I said before, I cannot justify keeping you around by only looking at the upsides and ignoring the downsides. Believe me when I say I have taken your side at times during discussions about whether or not you constantly toeing rule 1 is worth keeping you around and what the impacts of that would be. Personally, this will sound strange given the nature of this ban, I don't think you're completely malicious nor evil. I'd say that there are people who probably think this way, but I am not one of them. I have to do my part though and go through all the evidence/history with neutrality to look and decide, off of what I see, if I am being reasonable in my views and justifications. That said the way things currently are it just seems that while you have your good streaks, you have too many bad ones. People don't always have to have positive experiences with every player at every moment, but they definitely should outweigh the negative ones. And while I would love to just say I think that you're being misconstrued, the history, and recent evidence/circumstances make me unable to say so and I feel you have become a net-negative on paper and too much of a risk to keep around for the health of the player base.

I am down to hear you out a bit more, though I don't know how much time I can spend given I am in college to be a Paramedic and I am pretty set this is just for the better. Your defense and justification is just too all over the place and it changes constantly and conflicts with what I have, read and seen on top of the fact that I just simply can't trust your word. That all said, I personally don't think it's fair to just completely boot you with no chance at all to come back. While I bet it could, possibly may, be debated endlessly if forever is best I instead will opt out of that mess of drama and go with what I think is fair. The same thing all other players who get perma's have the chance at, to show change. I want you to go to another server. Go to Bay, Bee, Paradise, Aurora, Goon, Fulp, many of those will work, and draw up your maps, notes and everything similar to what you've done here over there. Go there and tell them why you're there, take your immense gamer brain and help other players like you said you do in your story. Spend at least 6 months to 1 year immersing yourself in those communities and get a vouch or several. Reach out to me to see if you can be let back in after showing that you truly have changed for the better.

I don't hate you gamer and from what I read I get the sense that you feel alienated and misconstrued. I just don't think you're great for the player base right now with everything stated above, there is too much. I think a break from /tg/ would greatly benefit you and everyone else, it would be great to see if things change for the better. If you manage to get several vouches, I will be very inclined to give you another shot. But for now, I say the Appeal is currently denied.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
I Can Hear Colors

Post by I Can Hear Colors » #613692

The gist of what I mean about my saying of bad faith, and not good for the server. After the chaos of all that took place of you running from, resisting arrest and pushing back at security, after you got killed by security and the Captain under the assumption you were a changeling, you ahelped "Why the fuck is shitsec calling me a ling 'for no reason'" and that ahelp contributed largely in another player being wrongfully banned under "had gone after a geneticist who had been falsely claimed to be a ling and had contributed to their death". Then once you were put into an MMI, a while after your ahelp, you admitted to purposefully resting to fake being like a changeling IC though you say in your forum post "I wasn't pretending to be a changeling. He could have thought I was a traitor using Adrenals too" - which essentially just makes me think you had the intention to be deceitful throughout the whole ordeal especially given you acted like you had no idea what was going on in your Ticket with Derpman3.
Oh jesus fucking christ, after rereading that log of me in the MMI I completely understand why you'd think of me that way.
When I said I "rested and got up to fake it", by 'it' I meant being stunned by his baton; as in "I rested and got up to fake being stunned", not "to fake being a ling". I know I'm probably 100% out of trust juice at this point and I'd totally crucify myself in your shoes, but honest to fucking god I wasn't IC admitting to suicidally lying about an ahelp and intentionally ban baiting. I've been doing the fake-stun-rest technique literally since resting became a thing, and especially recently people have come to realize its a standard hulk trick, to the point I guess I just assumed the context was always about how I was getting up from his stuns that caused the ling accusations in the first place. I absolutely see how anyone reading that would think otherwise, you're completely in the right.

You all know I can be a salty shit when I die, and the ahelp was a snap salty reaction to what I thought was standard sec overreaction against a non-violent hulk, not a ploy to get him banned. I'm aware of what ban baiting is and would NEVER attempt to instigate a situation just to get someone banned (especially considering how we're talking about me here and how everything would be logged and scrutinized, like cmon now). I make snap ahelps all the time for petty deaths, hell I apparently had two similar "ahelp: ided plzban" tickets a few rounds before: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/e9ab81ea080c1f64 just after a lizard-mov AI killed me, and https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/50d7c8bef862ee28 just after an apparently antag CE executes me for being trapped near the sm. Halfway through the ticket I cool down and say in an admittedly over-abrasive manner I understood how he could have legitimately believed I was a ling, by the end of it after following the rest of their actions as a ghost / MMI I was over it completely and thought they were just unfamiliar with the hulk-trick, just tell them hulks can resist stuns like I did and at most give him a verbal warning maybe. This is one of the reasons I don't like the mystification of how tickets always end with just 'handled', or in that ticket's case no ending at all on my end; I don't play sec so I didn't know that situation was something worth getting banned over once it became clear he really thought I was a ling, and I wouldn't have wanted him banned given any input at all as the victim (When I had cooled down by the end of the ticket at least). I'm glad he's already unbanned.

As for the sec gear part, there wasn't any sci-security in our department and the room was completely unused. I didn't / don't consider opening the unclaimed locker and taking the unused gear as 'stealing' in the context he was asking, when moments before there was a shoving fest in the hallway where their security gear was being knocked out of their hands and taken from them by comparison. For my familiar genetics example, its definitely 'stealing' powers if someone breaks in after I'm done to inject themselves with everything, but if there were no geneticists that shift and someone broke in and made the powers themselves that's not 'stealing' at all. I'll declare trust-juice bankruptcy by saying I didn't even really remember getting the locker gear at all till you reminded me, and even if I did at the time I doubt I would have said I 'stole' it when asked during the ticket. I very obviously tunnel vision my memory / topics / arguments on things when I shouldn't, I really have no business ahelping a sec for only thinking I could be a ling when I apparently have my own selective memory as well. If anything here's not on topic or not enough on topic slap me so I become aware of my own bullshit.

Yeah, I see your point of view and its all pretty damning. Your closing statement is pretty convincing too, I think we all know if we put together everything I am and do I don't exactly tip the scales the right way. Better to cut me off now before a mothmin removes another cool section of the game I use too effectively.

I think we ALSO know sans a lobotomy I'm going to keep being me for better or worse wherever else I go. I'm not exactly going to be collecting 'vouches', so I guess this is it.

Any good spot to post my notes before I *flip out?
Exavere

Post by Exavere » #613780

This is what I was referring to, when I mentioned the things related to Security Gear.
Yeah, I see your point of view and its all pretty damning. Your closing statement is pretty convincing too, I think we all know if we put together everything I am and do I don't exactly tip the scales the right way. Better to cut me off now before a mothmin removes another cool section of the game I use too effectively.

I think we ALSO know sans a lobotomy I'm going to keep being me for better or worse wherever else I go. I'm not exactly going to be collecting 'vouches', so I guess this is it.

Any good spot to post my notes before I *flip out?
I'd think of it more in the terms "At this moment, I don't tip the scales in the right way". I wouldn't concern yourself so much with Mothmins rofl, Moths or whatever meta-hoo-hah-clique is currently going on there is always the new drama focus clique. Staying out of drama is immensely helpful in retaining one's sanity, you are completely capable of deciding for yourself but I will definitely say it's helpful to avoid a massive headache. With that said, I do understand it's at times very hard to stay out of the cancer when it affects something you really care about, so easier said then done.

I don't think I'd ever want anyone to just simply stop being themselves, with minor exceptions towards very "glorious" individuals in the world. IMO I prefer people who are themselves, whether that is being an abrasive ass hat or horridly intolerable, rather than someone who is fake and causes drama - even if it ends up getting them merked. On that note, we all get salty every now and then and everyone should always have the right/ability to be able to express how they feel. It's just when it goes over the top often enough time that it becomes an issue - though you could argue the context behind that and it'll boil down to whether an issue really exists or not, but that's a separate topic for another time. So in that sense, try to work a bit on retaining more coolant on matters over time, that'll just help you a lot in the future - especially for obtaining a vouch if you truly are interested in coming back. So really, go to the other servers and just play the game. If you manage to go 6 months to a year with no notes of major concern (I am not going to crucify someone's vouch eligibility for something stupid like minor ICK OCK) on your vouch server(s) then hit me up. I enjoy being showed someone changes, I like to think of it as a win for all both sides.

As for posting notes, I don't frequent most of the forums enough to even know where the popular cancer inducing peanut drama is located or what usually goes where, I am not a help there. Last thing, again, I am serious when I say that if you manage to get a Vouch or two over the time period I gave that you should reach out to me - so please don't get dis-heartened. I placed this ban with good intentions for the future for the server, and you even if it doesn't seem that way.
I Can Hear Colors

Post by I Can Hear Colors » #613809

This is what I was referring to, when I mentioned the things related to Security Gear.
The way its worded in those logs draws me out to be some kind of psychopath griefer vandal who shocked the door before breaking a window too or something, but in game it was just punching open an unused door and an unused locker, literally a victimless crime that I guarantee you nobody gave a hoot about. Lockers don't even have flashes, that was one on the ground from robotics or tech storage.

I wouldn't concern yourself so much with Mothmins rofl, Moths or whatever meta-hoo-hah-clique is currently going on there is always the new drama focus clique. Staying out of drama is immensely helpful in retaining one's sanity, you are completely capable of deciding for yourself but I will definitely say it's helpful to avoid a massive headache. With that said, I do understand it's at times very hard to stay out of the cancer when it affects something you really care about, so easier said then done.
I go to LRP servers because its as close as possible to a good no-rp server. I avoid drama but the drama comes entwined within the game when I can't avoid noticing certain social elements, such as a certain notably-admin-populated species that thrives on meta-friending and tribalism as a supplement for robustness. I know I'm going against the grain and this game and its complexity was made, advertised and attracts roleplayers akin to Second-life, but they feel as toxic to my playstyle as I am to theirs probably.

On that note, we all get salty every now and then and everyone should always have the right/ability to be able to express how they feel. It's just when it goes over the top often enough time that it becomes an issue - though you could argue the context behind that and it'll boil down to whether an issue really exists or not, but that's a separate topic for another time. So in that sense, try to work a bit on retaining more coolant on matters over time, that'll just help you a lot in the future - especially for obtaining a vouch if you truly are interested in coming back.
I used to keep the salt in deadchat, till an admin said to knock it off and don't be afraid to ahelp if you feel someone killed you unjustly. Ironically had I not followed that suggestion and continued with the curseword-spewing-ghost therapy technique this misunderstanding would have never happened. Really now that I think about it why should I ever risk an ahelp that could end up like this again, or give any relevant-but-unwarranted information like I did in our last ticket, seems its ultimately high-risk no-reward. Play with fire, even aimed at someone else, and you'll get burned in the end, little lessons for the future I guess.

By notes I meant my research on the game mechanics, not the 'list of bad things I've ever been accused of' notes.
Exavere

Post by Exavere » #613846

My intention for the Security Gear logs isn't to to show or give the perception of you being a massive griefer. It was to just show that you were punching into a Security locker in regards to when Derpman3 asked if you had any Security Gear. As for the Notes thing I still got nothing, I don't really browse the forums for that kind of stuff but I'd hazard a guess that either around the /tg/ Discord for the help stuff or in the General Chat of the Forums.