[Thunder12345] Sneedo - My Humiliating Ban Appeal!

Appeals which have been closed.
Sneedo

[Thunder12345] Sneedo - My Humiliating Ban Appeal!

Post by Sneedo » #614101

BYOND account: Sneedo
Character name: Vince Power
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a sec officer, dressed a (male) prisoner in a jumpskirt and said "Hes a tranny". When spoken to about this, said that the victim knew it was a joke, then called them a shitter when told that they had in fact ahelped about this. After being told they were getting a ban for this incident, they went up to the same person, said "boutta get banned" "nigger" and tried to beat them to death. This kind of blatant disregard for both the rules and the experience of other players is not something we want to deal with. Please appeal this ban when you are capable of playing in a mature and reasonable manner.
Time ban was placed: 2021-09-04 20:47:03
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 169017
Your side of the story: There I was, arresting Jack Steiner, the HoP due to him being a shitter, as per Captain's orders. He was demoted and I was unsure of what to do with him. Figured I'd just put him in a jumpskirt as punishment and set him free. When uncuffed, he started fighting me, so I re-arrested him and brought him to brig. I didn't wanna jail him, so I thought I'd let him go through the disposal chute, from which he got out of and ran around. I joked, "hes a tranny" due to the jumpskirt to a fellow seccie, who nodded at me. I recaptured Jack once more and was on my way to let him go elsewhere, when my PTSD Vietnam flashbacks got triggered by that sound... you know the one. BWOINK! Thunder12345 PMs me something about me being transphobic. As I recover from my PTSD induced seizure due to the psychological torture tactic akin to a shock collar employed by the admin, I reply something about it being just a joke. BWOINK! I am on the floor, convulsing. I manage to read something along the lines of "so you think bigotry is funny?", which admittedly, I do. I let Jack Steiner go outside of brig and prepare myself for more Bwoinks to come, which eventually tell me I am going to be banned and that Jack had indeed ahelped about this, due to a stupid joke. My ears bleeding from the sound of a thousand bwoinks, the only thing giving me the strength to go on is the anger for my banishment. "Snitches get stiches", I think to myself. I find Jack and tell him "boutta get banned" "nigger" and harm baton him til' he falls over and walk away. Blood rushes out of my nose as I am assaulted again by a Bwoink: "I'm sorry, did you just try to beat him to death?", Thunder12345 inquired and I was kicked from the game while foaming at the mouth on the floor, trying not to swallow my own tongue because of the neural damage I have accumulated due to so many Bwoinks. The cruelty... the horror...
Why you think you should be unbanned: Having seen ban appeals for similar offenses, I don't think I will be unbanned. Having made a mockery of this appeal doesn't help my case either, but I wanted to post anyway, because I think it's bullshit that I get permanently banned over some hurt feelings over a word and a few stitches. I did not express any hate for minorities, I just used some gamer words for the lulz as has been the culture on Terry for ages and roughed a man up a bit in the heat of the moment. I have played on this server for several months pretty much without issue and had no prior bans on /TG/station and I get permafucked on the only server worth playing over some stupid shit that isn't even that serious. I am guilty as charged, but I don't think it's worth a permaban.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] Sneedo - My Humiliating Ban Appeal!

Post by Thunder11 » #614109

There's nothing that really needs responding to in this rambling, deranged "appeal", so for the time being this is denied.

Take some time off for your own sanity, go touch some grass, and come back with a sane appeal in a month's time.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Sneedo

Post by Sneedo » #614116

Thunder11 wrote:There's nothing that really needs responding to in this rambling, deranged "appeal", so for the time being this is denied.

Take some time off for your own sanity, go touch some grass, and come back with a sane appeal in a month's time.
I understand it can be hard to identify sarcasm over text, but come on. Besides, there is one thing that needs responding to:
I am guilty as charged, but I don't think it's worth a permaban.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #614125

There's nothing about that to respond to because there's no substance to this appeal. You've put no effort into this appeal other than a humorous account of the events, and there is nothing here that shows any sign of the maturity I asked for.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Sneedo

Post by Sneedo » #614130

Thunder11 wrote:There's nothing about that to respond to because there's no substance to this appeal. You've put no effort into this appeal other than a humorous account of the events, and there is nothing here that shows any sign of the maturity I asked for.
I think the substance and maturity you are looking for is boot licking. I already admitted I am in the wrong. This is the first and last time I am writing a ban appeal. I'll be joining you on the server anyways!