Deskdrawer
Byond Username: Deskdrawer

[Saegrimr] Deskdrawer - Permanent Ban

Post by Deskdrawer » #614288

BYOND account: Deskdrawer
Character name: I honestly don't remember
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Constant greytiding, and lieing to me about situations around his ahelp. Powergames the fuck out of roundstart, loads up on prods, cuffs, insuls, all that typical shit to break into the captain's office. Finds someone else there and gets into a slapfight with another greyshit. Gets out played then ahelps that nobody saved him while deliberately misrepresenting what happened and instead demands that I "do my job" and ban a mostly uninvolved detective for "not doing his job"
Time ban was placed: 2016-11-1 around 7 PM PST
Server you were playing on when banned: I think it was Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: When I connect to see the ban information it just says Round ID 0.
Your side of the story: I was a shitter, fully admit that, have plenty of notes probably to back it up, I don't know how the server has changed over the years but when I played things were very "light RP" and I took that and ran with it. For the most part I remember there was a back and forth whether or not it was bad or just regular /tg/ behavior, but it seems to have come to a head in the circumstances surrounding the specific time I was banned. I distinctly remember spawning as a traitor with the whole, kill everyone and leave no one alive, objective, which I did, and I also distinctly remember it being lowpop, and the admin who banned me force changing my objectives to mock me for killing people during lowpop, despite it being my objective. Don't get me wrong, I was likely being a dick through the whole experience, I'm just saying what I remember. During the next round, I got ganked out of the gate and the detective ran past me, I ahelped that he didn't help me, though again it's been so long I honestly don't remember the full details of the conversation, but I default to the idea that I was being a dick. I likely was comparing the admin to the detective not doing his job given the whole force changing objectives thing. That's when I was permabanned, the primary reason being that I lied to the admin, but he added everything else just to be sure.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I tried to appeal it a while ago, if I recall I didn't get much admin response, I talked to one of the head admins at the time and he just told me to play on another server and get a good reference, which I ended up doing, but it was Hippie Station. I had fun there for a bit, but it was TOO loose, too memey, too greytide, it felt like there was no point to the rounds, and as time progressed a lot of people started oddly bashing /tg/station as "cringe" while their server kinda fell apart around them. Like I said, it was fun for a bit, but got old because there was no substance, it kinda showed me there's importance in balance, it's okay to tide here and there, but going over the line all the time is just stupid, and I really ended up longing for a LITTLE bit of the old light RP that I could play out and have fun with on /tg/
References of good conduct: I really only played on Hippie Station here and there, I tried to play on that one server where people yell at you if you run in the halls, but, people yell at you for running in the halls so I stopped playing very quickly.
Anything else we should know: Really just what I brought up before, Hippie was too far in the vein of what I was playing at, it was too greytide and too loose with the rules, any attempt I made to actually play my job on Hippie was smacked down by a torrent of killbaiters or cringeseekers who desperately tried to call me out just for playing my role. And they got away with it too quite frankly, it was just a different beast than /tg/ and selfish as it is, it made me miss the more balanced play that I had on /tg/
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [Saegrimr] Deskdrawer - Permanent Ban

Post by Cobby » #614292

Let me look into this before getting back to you since saeg is gone
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #614294

Okay I dont see anything sketchy so im going to unban you on the condition that should you become known for being a massive tider (grey or otherwise) I get to reapply the ban no fuss, and it will not be appealable until you get a vouch saying you no longer tide on a separate server. No amount of time will change this so long as im answering the ban.

On top of this there is also the reality that admins are going to scrutinize your moves since your recent unbanning, I recommend playing pretty passive and learning about some of the new features until the air gets cleared.

There is also a separate assistant ban that seems to suggest you were actually awful as assistant.

Code: Select all

Banned from Assistant - In the event the previous server ban gets removed, for the love of god never let this person be a greyshirt.
To facilitate the fact I dont want you to tide, I will keep the ban for the moment. After a week if you think you can handle it just shoot me a message in #help on discord cobby#0002 or ingame if available (you can probably get other admins to unban if you just show them this post). The purpose here is so that you can see what other people find allowable by assistants since its been a while since you played, and then be sure to never get close to that line. Reason im not just changing it to a week is so that the ball is in your court after the week. If you get unbanned then go to greytiding again, you dont have anyone to blame but yourself.

If you dont think you can play assistant without tiding, dont message me and save yourself from the temptation altogether. If you dont think you can play any job without tiding in general, dont connect.
Anything else we should know: Really just what I brought up before, Hippie was too far in the vein of what I was playing at, it was too greytide and too loose with the rules, any attempt I made to actually play my job on Hippie was smacked down by a torrent of killbaiters or cringeseekers who desperately tried to call me out just for playing my role. And they got away with it too quite frankly, it was just a different beast than /tg/ and selfish as it is, it made me miss the more balanced play that I had on /tg/
I hope you can take the opportunity to realize we dont want that here either, which is why you got nailed in the first place.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #614295

message me if u cannot connect
Deskdrawer

Post by Deskdrawer » #614296

I really do appreciate the unbanning given the nature of everything that went down, and I'm fine if you want to add a week assistant ban, but I do feel requiring to message you after a week seems a bit off. Why not say after a week it is automatically assumed I will message you about being assistant unbanned?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #614298

Because you were allegedly so shit at assistant an admin literally made a separate ban so that you couldnt greytide again.

The messaging bit to me would suggest that you gave the situation enough thought that you think you can grey without the tide. It will also give me an opportunity to check to see if you've played the game enough or if you simply just didnt connect until the ban wore off, which is what I dont want given the nature of the original ban.
Deskdrawer

Post by Deskdrawer » #614299

Fair enough, that ban had to have been applied at the same time I was perma'd by the same admin that did it, but like I said, regardless of the circumstances I appreciate it. It just seems odd that given the nature of it all you'd trust me with all other jobs rather than, the lowest tier job, requiring me to ask you in a week to unban me, which I will anyway, but if that's what you want, sure why not, in a week I'll just ask it of ya.