Byond Username: CrudeWax

[Wineallwine] Crudewax- SM suicide

Post by CrudeWax » #614796

BYOND account: CrudeWax
Character name: Marx Vavilov
Ban type: Game ban
Ban length:
2 days
Ban reason: Ran into SM roundstart, before it was setup, as a non-antag. It was low-pop, and I suspect they thought no admins were online. Please review our rules on your day off.
Time ban was placed: 2021-09-13, 22:20:22
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed:169559
Your side of the story: It's quite simple. I was fairly dumb and inattentive, and didn't notice the red wording on top of the SM wikipage about how you shouldn't run into SM on roundstart as a means of suicide, as it activates it. I thought it was just a harmless way to suicide, because things like regular or oxygen can suicide cause someone to take care of your body after, and I didn't want to force my fellow engineers through that hassle.
Why you think you should be unbanned:I am sorry and this was a honest mistake, in fact I am making this ban appeal mostly to show that I never had malicious intent behind my actions, and I would like for that to stay that way.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [Wineallwine] Crudewax- SM suicide

Post by WineAllWine » #614798

Since none of the events of the ban are in question, I'll skip posting logs.

This seems like it was genuinely a good-faith misunderstanding. I would've expected someone with your amount of playtime to know better, but whatever. I'm happy to amend the ban to be 1 day, and the ban message to "Roundstart suicide as a non-antag. Claims to not know this causes problems. Please don't suicide into the SM before it is set-up."
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [Wineallwine] Crudewax- SM suicide

Post by WineAllWine » #614799

NB. I can't get online to edit the note until tomorrow at the earliest, but I've asked another admin to apply to ban reduction.