lalaria
Byond Username: Miriah

<arcanedefense> miriah - perma ban appeal IV

Post by lalaria » #615106

BYOND account: miriah
Character name: kate lasagnya
Ban type: Server/Role/OOC/etc permaban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Immediately following the round that I secbanned them for a history of being a dick as a sec officer, started the supermatter as a nonantag engineer before any other engineers got it set up, to include throwing donk pockets into the chamber and walking into the chamber, presumably while smoking a cigarette, releasing a fire. In all of this, player irradiated themselves and others, leading to the arresting officer to spend an overwhelming majority of their round in medbay over this player's history of grief and being inconsiderate to others. For the entire duration of this arrest player was afk. You are only here to grief people maliciously and ruin the experiences of others then leave. We're better off if you just left."
Time ban was placed:2020-09-10 21:59:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 146054
Your side of the story: i was having fun but this was against rules
Why you think you should be unbanned: miss being in tg, please unbean me so i can play here. I have a lot of friends and people who think my character is very funny and they can provide ample testimonies of me being an asset that would increase tgstations value by a lot. my behavior has changed significantly, i haven't shot my gun in the hallways or put donkpockets in the sm since my ban in tg, 100% reformed. its been so long since ive been banned PLEASE unbean me. im sorry if i made someone upset with my pranks before i wont do em again.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: <arcanedefense> miriah - perma ban appeal IV

Post by Cobby » #615107

let me have some thot about this
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #615168

i was having fun but this was against rules
Having fun at the expense of others is what got you banned.
I have a lot of friends and people who think my character is very funny
In the instance you are unbanned you will NOT be able to play in a way that excuses you from grief. I do not care if people found it funny.

Last I recall you appealed this ban (the appeal prior to bee shutting down lrp) because you were banned for doing the exact type of behavior on bee, can you maybe explain how your behavior has changed since then? Have you played ss13 since and would someone be able to vouch that you’ve changed?
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #615192

Quoting Domitius, the Head Administrator at the time that ruled on your initial appeal a year ago :
Arcanedefences decision will be upheld. You've had many chances to play the game in respect to other players and have continued to go above and beyond to cause enormous issues for the crew around you. Please take this time away from /tg/station to explore other servers and come back to us with a good reference in a year.
You were clearly recommended to get a voucher/good reference before appealing. Doesn't mean that you will be denied without one, but you would do well to procure one.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 20#p576708
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

lalaria
Byond Username: Miriah

Post by lalaria » #615200

i already said i wont do it again :(

should i just ask the peeople to post int his thread?

and i was beaned from bee's mrp server for going to the medbay and saying "doc i need hlp i have.. .dereah!!!" and I used the *fart emote (that makes funny fart sound) which isn't griefing or ruining anyone's rp... i was just rping that my char had direah

i donth tihnk i ned a voucher my beehavior has changed and im now very good at not puting donkpockets in the SM chamber
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #615261

Im going to be denying this appeal with the ability to reappeal anytime once you can get a voucher from another server that you can play without the “lol I’m dumb!” Gimmick. Otherwise you will have to wait a year (we will say Sept 10th since that’s the original date) in which case you’ll probably get a similar response of asking for vouch. I want to make it clear I don’t have an issue with you personally but I’m going to forewarn you that the gimmick you did and as this appeal would suggest are continuing to do is not going to be allowed on your return. I say this because I have no problem with your return and in fact would like you to be one of the “success stories” but I also don’t want to waste your time so if you don’t think you can put in the work to turn the gimmick off permanently while you’re playing on tg, I would recommend to just go ahead and consider the reapplying a lost cause. Heck i even got pings from administrators as soon as I said I’ll give it some thought saying do not unban. Your e-behavior has unfortunately turned this process for you and even myself as the responding admin into a very uphill battle so I would also consider that in your decision making because that will affect you even if I did accept the appeal now or later.

To be blunt I will be short of auto-denying future appeals if:

1. The original appeal is copy pasted particularly regarding the part where…
2. There doesn’t appear to be a genuine apology
3. You can’t even pretend to take the appeal seriously. This wouldn’t be a problem if the gimmick didn’t directly relate to your ban being that your “””character””” is stupid to the point of relying on other peoples expense for it to play out.
3b. You continue to do the retard gimmick writing style in the appeal.
4. The chance of successfully appealing diminishes with every future appeal that doesn’t have a genuine voucher from a server who we wouldn’t expect would tolerate the behavior.