Appeals which have been closed.
Pyro

Permaban [Armhulenn] The Lovely Pyro

Post by Pyro » #615976

BYOND account: The Lovely Pyro
Character name: Bal Dee(?)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Massive repeated spammy walls of text announcements that include hate speech, said "there isnt a rule against it" (rule 1), when their last permaban was for rule 1 mass posting movie spoilers, i'm more convinced you just can't change so back to perma it is with you
Time ban was placed: 2020-06-28 05:26:18
Round ID in which ban was placed: 140613
Your side of the story: There really isn't much I could say to defend it, besides that I was pretty arrogant and ignorant at the time. I was generally an unhappy person as well and just didn't care much for things, the part where I said there isnt a rule against it (if i can remember correctly, it has been a long time) was another lesser admin I think told me that what i was doing technically wasn't a rule violation and i chose to ignore armhulenn because of that prior interaction. None of this is a defense, this is what i think was my line of thought at the time.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I understand I have a bad reputation with the staff team, this is probably my third or forth permaban I am trying to appeal now. If the team decides to not approve my appeal I will not argue it and leave quietly. I do want to apologize, however, for my rude and abrasive behavior that got me to this point. As I wrote before, I was generally just an unhappy and angsty person for a long time and just liked doing anything to get a rise out of people. I made a thread in the past as well where I provoked Armhulenn shortly after my ban which had me ungraciously leaving, I want to apologize to Armhulenn for this as well regardless if they are still here or not. After my ban I took a long time of just not playing SS13 and generally not using the internet much at all to address my problems in real life. I think by this point now, I have worked out most of my personal problems and a lot of the bad habits I had are for the most part dealt with. My old accounts with most things video game related are gone due to my long absence, so I had to make this new account for /tg/ forums in order to make this thread in case it comes off as me trying to evade, I promise that is not the case. If the admins accept me, all I really want is to play on /tg/station quietly and generally just have a good time without trying to cause a disturbance. As I write this, I am currently trying to go over the rules of the community so that if I'm accepted I won't have to be a problem again. Thank you for your time.
References of good conduct: Unfortunately, I took a long break as I said and when I slowly began using video games again I wasn't really using Byond so I couldn't provide any references from any services hosted on it.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: Permaban [Armhulenn] The Lovely Pyro

Post by Thunder11 » #615979

FYI you posted this in the TGMC ban appeals forum, I've moved it to the correct location.

Logs for the round are here: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... nd-140613/
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Pyro

Post by Pyro » #615980

Thunder11 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:30 pm FYI you posted this in the TGMC ban appeals forum, I've moved it to the correct location.

Logs for the round are here: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... nd-140613/
Thank you, I'm sorry it's been a while so Im struggling with navigating the forums.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #616001

I have to respect the power move of getting permabanned 3 times in a row and calling the last banning admin a child molester and after all that not bringing a reference of good conduct

So WITHOUT the reference of good conduct, and WITH the knowledge that you took a long break for one of your previous permabans and ended up re-permabanned immediately, how am I supposed to know you aren't going to get permabanned again. Like you see where I'm coming from right? What says to me that you won't? It's a genuine question because i'm not against second chances even to the ridiculous amount you've been given but that's only as long as there's something that says to me that you're at least going to do anything differently
Pyro

Post by Pyro » #616011

Armhulen wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:42 pm I have to respect the power move of getting permabanned 3 times in a row and calling the last banning admin a child molester and after all that not bringing a reference of good conduct

So WITHOUT the reference of good conduct, and WITH the knowledge that you took a long break for one of your previous permabans and ended up re-permabanned immediately, how am I supposed to know you aren't going to get permabanned again. Like you see where I'm coming from right? What says to me that you won't? It's a genuine question because i'm not against second chances even to the ridiculous amount you've been given but that's only as long as there's something that says to me that you're at least going to do anything differently
I understand, I just took a long break in general since I wanted to focus on my real life and the only places I've been to recently are communities not associated with BYOND (Garrys Mod). I really don't have any good references from BYOND so all I can give is my word, which I understand probably doesn't hold much weight. Other than that I played on Skyrat for a short period but I didnt stay around because it just wasn't that fun.
Last edited by Pyro on Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #616028

I had a feeling that this was the guy that just posts the same ban appeal over and over, and since his account name was conveniently changed to just "pyro":

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21573

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22644

There might even be other appeals on a different handle, but there you have it, his latest appeal almost word for word cut and paste from all his others.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #616029

I'm denying this because I want a voucher from another server, I won't make you wait a year to appeal the perma with the stipulation that i'm EARNESTLY expecting that vouch

to specify: any server, just make sure it's big enough and all that