[Domitius] S0urceC0de - Misunderstanding resulting in Perma Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
S0urceC0de

[Domitius] S0urceC0de - Misunderstanding resulting in Perma Ban

Post by S0urceC0de » #616101

BYOND account: S0urceC0de

Character name: Unsure, was most likely random.

Ban Type: Server Ban

Ban Length: Permanent Ban

Ban Reason: Banned by host: You or another user of this computer or connection (S0urceC0de) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: As a non-antag with 2 hours played grabbed a Hulk mutation and spaced departures by punching out the windows. Disconnected when I bwoinked em. This ban (BanID #56681) was applied by Domitus on 2021-10-05 23:34:32 during round ID 170805. This is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed: 2021-10-05 23:34:32

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 170805

Your side of the story: I had taken the Hulk mutation and while trying to attack an antag who was killing others, I noticed what the Hulk mutation actually did when I broke the windows. If you look in the chat logs, I mentioned that it wasn't intentional and was looking for a way to fix it. As for the boink, I didn't even truly know what a boink was until 5 minutes ago when I asked my friend. I'm fairly new to the game, so I didn't realize the severity of my mistake and I didn't know how to fix it. It's purely coincidental but when I was supposedly boinked as mentioned in the logs, I had gone to eat dinner.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was purely accidental, I didn't have bad intentions and I would really appreciate a second chance. I believe I deserve a ban for my mistake, however, I feel permanent seems a little harsh. I appreciate you taking the time to review my appeal :)

References of good conduct: I'm fairly new to SS13 but I can give you my friend's username as a good reference: Venoshulk, he's helped me out in the past and we've played together on numerous occasions.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [Domitius] S0urceC0de - Misunderstanding resulting in Perma Ban

Post by Domitius » #616103

Hey! Thanks for making an appeal.

You've done a good job writing up your appeal and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of you leaving being just bad timing. I'll be leaving our interaction as a note to please remember that even if you are a hulk that doesn't mean you are stupid.

Ban has been lifted, please follow the rules and be considerate!