Appeals which have been closed.
killermankey

[Shaps] Harry Harrison - Bad Luck, Timing and Misscomunication

Post by killermankey » #616173

BYOND account: Killermankey

Character name: Harry Harrison

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Apparently set off a massive hellfire bomb in the brig and disconnected after getting executed for it. Due to terrible history and not being a ble to verifiy the conditions of the unban since the forums are locked down, as well as the probably bad faith from disconnecting after, reapplying the perma. This ban (BanID #56569) was applied by shaps on 2021-09-23 04:37:16 during round ID 170093. this is a permanent ban

Time ban was placed: 2021-09-23 04:37:16.

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: (BanID #56569)

Your side of the story: so I spawned in as a chemist close to the time I usually go to bed. So I thought. "let me just make some plastic and then find a funny way to kill myself." So I though of hellfoaming myself in / near brig. Skipping over useless shit it ends with me getting myself stuck alone in the brig to hall airlock. After that I said something along the lines of this is a statement and killed myself. From my foggy memory of 2 weeks ago I didn't kill anyone. The worst would be the hole in brig airlock that got made from it. But it was repaired by an engineer on site. After Succumbing I watched and made sure nobody was dead then DCed. This was probably 20 seconds after I died.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The reason I request to get unbanned was because it was a mass of misunderstanding and bad timing. As I said in my recalling my goal was to only kill myself and make it flashy. I didn't kill anyone to my recollection and I should've waited longer after dying to see if I was about to get bwoinked or not for pulling a stunt like that. But again I was tired and wanting to sleep so my retarded ass got off instead. I ask to be unbanned just because of the misunderstanding here. I already was given a 2nd chance by being unpermaed banned before and I know that. I aint begging forgiveness here. I just want to get this cleared up.

Anything else we should know: 2 things. 1 was that I had to copy the ban details onto notepad via fast typing it as it came up like 6-7 times. Could be a wrong word or 2. Secondly as stated in the title. I had the horrid timing of getting perma banned when the forums went kaput. I would've done this the day after I did it when i had a fresh memory of the event but welp. Forums didn't get fixed till a little ago.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [Shaps] Harry Harrison - Bad Luck, Timing and Misscomunication

Post by Mothblocks » #616200

Round ID in which ban was placed: (BanID #56569)
This is the ban ID, not the round ID. The round ID was 170093.

The grenade in question is found here:

Code: Select all

[2021-09-23 04:23:00.715] GAME: Killermankey/(Harry Harrison) primed a chemical grenade at Brig (111,163,2) containing: (large beaker 1 : Chlorine Trifluoride, 20 | Water, 25 | Sulphuric acid, 55); (large beaker 2 : Fluorosurfactant, 25 | Napalm, 45 | Sulphuric acid, 30);. (Brig (111,163,2))
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
killermankey

Post by killermankey » #616203

Thanks for fixing my abhorrent blindness
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #616302

so I spawned in as a chemist close to the time I usually go to bed. So I thought. "let me just make some plastic and then find a funny way to kill myself." So I though of hellfoaming myself in / near brig.
I really don't think this is as good of an explanation as you think it is. We definitely offer players the benefit of the doubt and assume good intent on their parts when we can, but you've got such a massive history of dumb grief that you've burnt away any goodwill you might've gotten otherwise. Like seriously, the last thing someone with a history as thick as you should be doing is literally playing with fire and setting off hellfire bombs in public/secure areas and then disconnecting afterwards.

Appeal denied, go play on other servers and come back with a vouch from that server's admin team after at least 6 months and maybe we can talk then
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.