BYOND account: ShadowedEnvy
Character name: (irrelevant)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 14 days
Ban reason:
► Show Spoiler
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 170937
Your side of the story: I did not send an "overly hostile" message to Melbert as a result of being turned down for a tc trade, I sent a hostile message after he called me an asshole in an ahelp he shouldn't have answered in the first place. Now, here's the ahelps:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I have the perfect explanation here for my message:
► Show Spoiler
And how does he know he shouldn't interact with me? Well, here:
► Show Spoiler
You'd think the hostility to a cat picture would get the message across, but apparently not.

As for the "previous history of harassing", I don't think two messages in the span of two days from two months ago to someone I blocked immediately after the second message is exactly relevant here, nor does it establish a pattern of harassment at all:
► Show Spoiler
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban reason is misrepresentative hogwash, and I've been perfectly fine at not metagrudging Melbert IC, despite my hatred for him.
References of good conduct: I only occasionally play on Manuel - I've played on Skyrat, Eris, Dead Space, Paradise, and NSV in the past few months with no issues with toxicity. My 'issue' is Melbert.
Anything else we should know: Melbert, don't talk to me. Just don't. I have you blocked for a reason.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] ShadowedEnvy - Melbert

Post by Hulkamania » #616243

You went out of your way to ask admins, melbert being the one who responded, to trade your heretic for another antagonist role (blob).

Then when denied, you asked yet again for another antagonist trade (solo abductor)

Then when denied again, you decided to go on a tirade against melbert, someone you previously went so far as to seek out on discord just to go on an angry tirade at them again.

Lets not forget the fact that you have a very, very colorful history and can't seem to keep yourself out of trouble. This ban was not made only for this incident, but for the fact that you're a massive dickhead who only seems interested in causing trouble and being abrasive.

Edit: Also, if your previous behavior toward them didn't qualify as harassment then you wouldn't have a note indicating it as such because it would've been appealed and removed.

Denied, if you return after this ban is completed I hope that you prove me wrong and don't immediately stir shit again or we'll be in this same position but with a perma instead of a couple weeks.
ShadowedEnvy
Byond Username: ShadowedEnvy

Post by ShadowedEnvy » #616309

You know, maybe you should actually read the appeal before responding to it. I went on a tirade against him as a result of being accused of "acting like an ass", when I told him I didn't want to interact with him any more than I had to, having already informed him of this previously. I said this specifically in the post directly above, if you'll take the two minutes or so it takes to read instead of just repeating yourself. Thanks.

Also, I didn't even know notes could be appealed. How would I even do that? I see no forum for it, nor have I ever even heard of doing such a thing.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #616310

Despite the name, "Ban Appeals" also doubles as our appealing system for notes.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
ShadowedEnvy
Byond Username: ShadowedEnvy

Post by ShadowedEnvy » #616313

Oh, I didn't know that. Anyways, I'd like to cancel the appeal. Just lock the thread or whatever you do, and change the ban to a permaban, please.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #616402

Okay, does that.