Appeals which have been closed.
CCC239

[<Spookuni>]Jennifer Hawkings - I dont know what I was really banned for

Post by CCC239 » #616319

BYOND account: Jennifer Hawkings
Character name: Legionnare
Ban type: Server Ban 2 Days Ghost Role ban 7 Days
Ban length: 2 Days and 7 Days
Ban reason: Outright lied in ahelps when questioned about actions taken as a lavaland elite that turned out to be both extremely bad faith and against ghost role policy,has a previous note for rule 1 adjectation. Please dont lie to admins in the future
Time ban was placed: 2021-10-12 6:22:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 171053
Your side of the story: I got picked for legionnaire as a lavaland elite I won the fight and went to the station to cause some chaos as that's what elites are meant to do I get there and see the clown so I decide to use him to get me on the station through both threats or tricking him into thinking I'm not going to go up their and stamped around I get trapped boinked and I dont think much of it as he was asking how I got up their so I said I was hiding on the shuttle mainly cause I didn't want the clown to maybe get in trouble for him being tricked and I didn't think much of it
I saw other people going up as elites and murdering people and have done it before so I thought what I did was ok I teleport myself back to lavaland and go about my business beating up 2 goliaths and seeing that bubble gum hand massacred all of mining while I kept going into the seed vault to kick the pod people into the walls to annoy them (to pass the time i'm not trying to kill them just give em a little spook)I stopped really thinking about it then I go back to the mining station and sit on the mining shuttle hopping someone is unfortunate enough to call it up ( this was what I was referencing to hiding) Then I see the clown again and jump into his shuttle as he goes up and kill him because well he served no purpose anymore and I thought that maybe the admins were mad at me because I didn't kill the clown? I go about my way being a general annoyance to security by slamming the crew into the wall on a long thin hallway in maintenance before I die to a spider and then I get boinked again after a while saying that I lied and that I broke rule 1 (I had the prior rule 1 violation for being a nuisance as gluttony morph on sybil[ Might want to appeal this one later but it doesn't really matter])Then I get ghost role banned because I broke ghost role rules which I didn't really know which one of the rules I broke for it because isn't the legionnaire supposed to kill the crew and do what it wants. I then get banned for 2 days and I get kind of confused I still don't really know what I did wrong here besides maybe not telling the best form of the truth but I wasn't intentionally trying to be deceitful I just didn't think what I was doing was wrong I mainly play on sybil and was seeing what was different on manuel So is that the problem im still not really sure what the rule 1 violations are as I was classified as a solo antagonist on both of them but that's about it thank you for reading this.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
Anything else we should know: I legitimately still don't know what I did wrong please help is it because I said I was hiding or is it cause I didn't kill the clown at the start or was it because I was killing people please help because im very confused
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up some bold tags for readability, removed some leftover template prompts.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: [<Spookuni>]Jennifer Hawkings - I dont know what I was really banned for

Post by spookuni » #616323

Hi, thanks for making an appeal
Logs for this round can be found on scrubby https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/171053

While the two bans share inciting incidents, they're placed for different reasons, so I'll break them down one by one.

The ghost role ban

The 7 day ghost role ban was placed for your breaking of enforced ghost role policy text (Which I will be calling redtext because it's easier to remember and it's big and red when it appears on your screen), specifically, this portion of the lavaland elite redtext: Note that you are a lavaland monster, and thus not allied to the station. You should not cooperate or act friendly with any station crew unless under extreme circumstances! . When you first encountered the clown, you specifically acted to assist them and act friendly, in direct contradiction to your rule-enforced redtext, emoting and helping them find oxygen when they ran out.

(The full policy flavourtext for lavaland elites)
Spoiler:
to_chat(mychild, "<span class='boldwarning'>As the life in the activator's eyes fade, the forcefield around you dies out and you feel your power subside.\nDespite this inferno being your home, you feel as if you aren't welcome here anymore.\nWithout any guidance, your purpose is now for you to decide.</span>")
to_chat(mychild, "<b>Your max health has been halved, but can now heal by standing on your tumor. Note, it's your only way to heal.\nBear in mind, if anyone interacts with your tumor, you'll be resummoned here to carry out another fight. In such a case, you will regain your full max health.\nAlso, be weary of your fellow inhabitants, they likely won't be happy to see you!</b>")
to_chat(mychild, >Note that you are a lavaland monster, and thus not allied to the station. You should not cooperate or act friendly with any station crew unless under extreme circumstances!)
First encountering the clown
05:14:24 EMOTE Jennifer Hawkings/(legionnaire) jives (58, 36, 5) Mining Station Starboard Wing
05:15:48 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "Bone boy on mining, aaahhh" (39, 26, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
05:15:48 EMOTE NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) claps. (39, 26, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
05:15:51 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "He dance tho" (39, 26, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
The clown requesting, and receiving assistance with their lack of breathable air
05:15:54 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "I" (38, 26, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
05:15:55 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "am dying" (38, 26, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
05:16:16 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "I die" (61, 28, 5) Mining Station Starboard Wing
05:16:19 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "air bad" (61, 28, 5) Mining Station Starboard Wing
05:16:23 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "cargo dumb" (61, 28, 5) Mining Station Starboard Wing
05:16:52 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "wew" (65, 37, 5) Mining Station EVA
05:16:54 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "Air" (65, 37, 5) Mining Station EVA
05:16:57 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "in a can" (65, 37, 5) Mining Station EVA
05:16:58 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "canned air" (65, 37, 5) Mining Station EVA
The clown letting you onto the station, believing you friendly for having saved their life and assisted them
05:17:43 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "OH" (30, 23, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
05:17:44 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "YOU WANT UP" (30, 23, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
05:18:04 SAY NoelleDay/(HHHonkers) "Be free, bone friend!" (28, 19, 5) Mining Station Port Wing
The issue here is that lavaland elites are not solo-antagonists, free to do anything they want in the pursuit of their specific desires, they're bound by ghost role policy to act, at very least uncooperatively with station crewmembers- both individuals ands the crew as a whole. Assisting and acting friendly with people specifically so that you can gain access to more people to murderbone is hardly an extreme circumstance, and is thus both a violation of this policy text and toes the line of the spirit of the MRP rules, and given that you have previously been warned against rule 1 adjacent play with lavaland antag positions, is something I believe to be over the line. Especially given the second of the two bans.

The two day general server ban
This one is a lot simpler, and as you admit to it in this appeal, I'm not going to go into it as much - when asked about how you got up from lavaland, you lied that you'd hidden on the shuttle, when asked again to confirm that you'd hidden from the clown who'd sent the shuttle up, you lied again and confirmed that you had.

Ticket link for other admins - the ticket is not public, so only admins should be able to see it.
https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/171053/7

You have admitted to lying during the ticket in this appeal
I dont think much of it as he was asking how I got up their so I said I was hiding on the shuttle mainly cause I didn't want the clown to maybe get in trouble for him being tricked and I didn't think much of it
I still don't really know what I did wrong here besides maybe not telling the best form of the truth but I wasn't intentionally trying to be deceitful I just didn't think what I was doing was wrong
Forgive me if I call bullshit on "not trying to be deceitful" when you call blatantly lying "not telling the best form of the truth"

With all of that, I still believe your actions were out of line for a lavaland elite, breaking both the letter of the lavaland elite redtext and the spirit of the rules surrounding ghost antags on Manuel, and as such I will be maintaining the ban.
I am however aware that the surrounding policy is somewhat fresh and untested, so feel free to seek the opinion of the headmins if you believe my ruling to be disproportionate. (you can always do this anyway, but the policy here is especially fresh)

The two day server ban I am however incredibly confident in keeping in place, you lied in that ahelp, lied again when I asked you to confirm your previous statement, admitted to lying in this appeal, and then claim you "(weren't) trying to be intentionally deceitful". No.