Appeals which have been closed.
IguanaDie
Byond Username: IguanaDie

[GamerAndYeahMick]IguanaDie - "Lava"

Post by IguanaDie » #616557

b]BYOND account:[/b] IguanaDie
Character name: Liman Kan
Ban type: Note
Ban reason: Got brainwashed by a traitor with 'THE FLOOR IS ALWAYS LAVA AAAA', declared "My feet are steel" and ignored their branwashing
Time ban was placed: 2021-10-12 10:33:43 UTC
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 171179
Your side of the story: Traitor medic (Didn't know he was a traitor ) stuns me and kidnaps me, drags me to medbay , performs brainwashing surgery on me , I literally get "Objective: THE FLOOR IS ALWAYS LAVA AAAA", the first thing I think is "hows that an objective" as the medic starts to drag me on the ground while laughing, so I say " my feet are steel so that's no problem" thinking that he didn't specify that I couldn't stand on lava, and I try to escape, fail, get captured again and as he gets prepared for a second procedure as he drags me without my shoes saying "you don't have shoes now" another medic saves me and I continue to stand on ground.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I just want the note gone:Reason being that you don't seem to accrue notes for positive things, it just marks you, I've done plenty of trying to keep people in round, make things interesting, reviving, rescuing, but none of those get reflected on notes, one recent experience was the captain a mime and me roleplaying a date with a PAI, it was interesting,fun and really out of the norm, yet i don't see the note saying"he holds great evening dates" on any of us. The only way you can see if the player doesn't break the rules is by the periodicity of notes not so much the absence of them.I don't want an admin to be evaluating a situation and see that supposedly I don't care about hypnotism, AI laws, objectives, brainwashing or whatever, because that would overly bias the admin against me.

Anything else we should know: I would like to explain my reasoning for my actions: So this somewhat on the vein as hypnotizing with just the phrase "suicide yourself",why not just kill me?He had hypnotized others one with the objective to one kidnap his target, and the other to scream about every problem (so people get stressed I would guess), I don't have any problem with following hypnotism or laws, but the objective made no sense, he would gain nothing and he would cripple my shift for no reason, his other two hypnotized crewmember had specific objectives, I had "the floor is lava", he didn't propose any interesting gimmick so I invented one myself, the floor is lava but I can stand on lava, if actual lava had presented itself, I would have run into it. I would like to give one last reason, if you upload a law to an AI which is meant to harm everybody like "Being alive is harm" and the AI doesn't even know what to do, wouldn't it just say "Living is harm but I cannot kill because that's harm, so Im gonna try to roleplay this out somehow", so this is the same thing, as I said I found the objective confusing, because how am I supposed to keep the shift going while completing this objective, that would mean Im stuck in a table the whole shift? So I tried to roleplay it out: My feet are steel, if the medic had tried to keep it interesting, he would have said "Steel does melt very easily" or something, and then we could have an interesting round with back and forths, instead of me getting fucked over. If he had specified on another surgery that I cannot stand on the ground, I would not have stood on the ground, it was a way to circumvent the absurdness of the phrase.

That's all I think GamerAndYeahMick did a correct job, even if not one I would exactly agree on not because Im the recipient but because I don't stand with just griefing players.
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Re: [GamerAndYeahMick]IguanaDie - "Lava"

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #616559

Reason being that you don't seem to accrue notes for positive things, it just marks you, I've done plenty of trying to keep people in round, make things interesting, reviving, rescuing, but none of those get reflected on notes, one recent experience was the captain a mime and me roleplaying a date with a PAI, it was interesting,fun and really out of the norm, yet i don't see the note saying"he holds great evening dates" on any of us.
You don't accrue positive notes for following the rules and playing how we expect, usually you only get them from going above and beyond what we expect, there are players with positive notes though they are rarer
because that would overly bias the admin against me.
An admin isn't going to just use a note to ban you if you don't do something malicious, notes are just documentation of an event that happened and of an admin speaking to you, this is a behaviour I, and the other admins I spoke with came to a consensus about that we would not like to see repeated, if we were not to note it then how we would know that you have been asked not to repeat it? Additionally if you just avoid using silly remarks to avoid your brainwashing then you won't get into a similar issue
he would gain nothing and he would cripple my shift for no reason
You may not like how the scenario played out but he was an antagonist, he gave you a somewhat funny brainwash which you could have played out in a much better way than just ignoring it, our rules on antagonism are "Lone antagonists can do whatever they want", in this scenario you unfortunately just have to accept it, in my eyes it was an attempt at something humorous even if it wasn't mightily creative, and you should have just accepted it, at least it went a bit above and beyond them just walking in shooting you and leaving
That's all I think GamerAndYeahMick did a correct job, even if not one I would exactly agree on not because Im the recipient but because I don't stand with just griefing players.
Thank you, but as an addition to my previous point we do not see the actions of antagonists as grief, they drive a narrative in the round, they inject paranoia and chaos into the round, it would be grief if this were to be done by some random non-antagonist, but it was not. Sometimes you just have to accept how the dice rolls, anyway in conclusion I will not be lifting the note as I feel that it is factually accurate, and do not feel that it is unduly harsh in some way, and I would like to close that you have nothing to worry about in regards to this note being on your admin remarks, it's not like anyone will bloodhound you over it, and if they were to do so I would personally stick up for you. Have a nice day and thank you for taking your time to appeal, feel free to request headmins to review this if you disagree with me
IguanaDie
Byond Username: IguanaDie

Re: [GamerAndYeahMick]IguanaDie - "Lava"

Post by IguanaDie » #616658

I've come to revisit this thread, In short I play this game not only because I find it the best game there is, but because it serves as a micro cosm of life(not always), and with the round being as long as more than one hour and with you having only one opportunity in life, having to rely on your mates: you get attached to your character and your experience. That means good and bad things will happen, so I in part use this digital playground as a means to understand how to better deal with the problems and stresses in real life(This may sound a bit sentimental, just normal stuff, like having a douche by workmate and having to deal with him and the how), and in retrospective I could have handled this with a more interesting set of actions, but I was too mad for the seemingly uneccesary destructiveness of the prompt and still registered the medic as an enemy, so yeah that happened, touche.

Welp thanks for keeping the server going, and all that and I would like it to keep going many more shifts(and me being able to join em haha ;) ).