BrotherCrow2
Byond Username: VerifyVenuzY

[<FlamingCheese>] Ryan Creamer - Unfair ban

Post by BrotherCrow2 » #616871

BYOND account: VerifyVenuzY
Character name: Ryan Creamer
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 5 days
Ban reason: https://gyazo.com/f0a6a760530ba53dbcbee94a68094f35 (no idea how images work)
Time ban was placed: 23:08:02 10/16
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 171430
Your side of the story: How the bwoinks went: 1. I inject around 15 people with slime mutation, i get told by the admin that this is 'basically round removal' after i do it 2. i stupidly ask if i can proceed to keep doing this, in the time that i wait for a response i inject one more person 3. i get told i will eat a ban if i keep injecting people, proceed to not inject anyone else 4. round ends and i get a 6 day ban anyway. The ban is due to 6 victim slimes walking out of airlocks and dying (or something).
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is just a messy ban in my opinion and i believe it should only be a 1 day ban for the one person i injected after being told not to do it. Ill try to explain why i find it unfair in the following list: 1. how should i know turning people into slimes is round removal (i stand by that its not, they can still interact, communicate with other slimes and do flips), i feel the admin decided this rule on the spot 2. after the admin made it clear that i would take a ban if i kept doing it i stopped the 'murderbone' but still get a full ban either way at the end. 3. I actually didnt kill anyone this shift and im not responsible for those slimes suiciding/ being killed by something else, and even if i was i carried out the injects before admin notified me. 4. i agree this is a dick thing to do but to call it a murderbone and round removal is just exaggeration.
References of good conduct: I agree i dont have the prettiest notes on Manuel but none of them relate to what happened this round, its a first time offense and should just be a note, especially after i cooperated with the admin. Also my intention was to spice up the round, not murderbone. Also also i tried getting back to shuttle but there was no beacon on board.
Attachments
banimage.png
FlamingCheese
Byond Username: FlamingCheese

Re: [<FlamingCheese>] Ryan Creamer - Unfair ban

Post by FlamingCheese » #616884

As I didn't have enough time to explain your actions clearly as to how they where against the rules, I will be explaining it here.
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am 1. I inject around 15 people with slime mutation, i get told by the admin that this is 'basically round removal' after i do it
Example as to how this is round removal: We have a paramedic rescuing someone, you inject them with the mutation toxin and they become a simplemob slime, now they are unable to finish what they where going to do and have no easy way to communicate with the rest of medical, not to mention they have no way to turn back into a carbon mob unless they have access to a polymorph wand or the wabbajack shuttle, to prevent transformation you need frost oil which is only obtainable via xenobio, a friendly ling or botany.
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am 4. round ends and i get a 6 day ban anyway. The ban is due to 6 victim slimes walking out of airlocks and dying (or something).
You carry responsibility as to what happens to the victims (much like purging an ai). I also didn't see any slimes outside the station and a fourth of the people that got turned into a slime ghosted.
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am Why you think you should be unbanned: This is just a messy ban in my opinion and i believe it should only be a 1 day ban for the one person i injected after being told not to do it.
You forgot about the other people that got turned into a slime due to your actions before you where told to stop, that also counts towards your ban.
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am 1. how should i know turning people into slimes is round removal (i stand by that its not, they can still interact, communicate with other slimes and do flips), i feel the admin decided this rule on the spot
Example in the first quote, but turning someone without their consent into a simplemob is round removal because they are unable to do their job anymore. The admin team that was present on that round agreed that your actions where round removal and "textbook murderbone".
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am 2. after the admin made it clear that i would take a ban if i kept doing it i stopped the 'murderbone' but still get a full ban either way at the end.
Because you stopped doing a crime doesn't mean that you are free of charges and instantly forgiven, you ruined the round of around 30% of the crew that round.
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am 3. I actually didnt kill anyone this shift and im not responsible for those slimes suiciding/ being killed by something else, and even if i was i carried out the injects before admin notified me.
Again redirecting to earlier quotes, you are responsible and you are not free of charges before you where bwoinked (how else would we know you did something wrong if you weren't wrong when we bwoinked you)
BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am 4. i agree this is a dick thing to do but to call it a murderbone and round removal is just exaggeration.
Even if it wasn't murderbone or round removal you would be in trouble due to rule 1. See earlier quotes for as to why it is round removal and as to how it can lead to murderboning.

BrotherCrow2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:15 am I agree i dont have the prettiest notes on Manuel but none of them relate to what happened this round, its a first time offense and should just be a note, especially after i cooperated with the admin.
You have a note saying that you murderboned once as a changeling because you "ran out of ideas". You did however admit to it right away and had no prior history so your ban was halved.
You weren't clearly cooperating with me because you injected someone after I told you to not do so and said in common:
SAY: VerifyVenuzY/(Ryan Creamer) "gods are being antifun" (Port Maintenance (113,126,2))

I understand that you might think this ban is unfair but considering your prior notes and ruining the round of around 15 people as you said is not something you get away easily. Because of this i rule that the ban stays, this is also lenient ban because you would have had 1 day per person.
BrotherCrow2
Byond Username: VerifyVenuzY

Re: [<FlamingCheese>] Ryan Creamer - Unfair ban

Post by BrotherCrow2 » #616885

Fine, but you should have something on the rules section on the wiki clearly defining what round removal is. If I missed it send a link