[Armhulenn] SomeDingus - OOC Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
SomeDingus
Byond Username: SomeDingus

[Armhulenn] SomeDingus - OOC Ban

Post by SomeDingus » #617801

BYOND account: SomeDingus
Character name: I don't remember, probably Pringle.
Ban type: OOC
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: OOC permanently - "Kiwi Farms is based, average troony jannies don't like it" when asked to cut it out, responded "k, I won't state my opinions in OOC IG"
Time ban was placed: 2021-07-31 05:26:02
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 166940
Your side of the story: It was 3 months ago so my memory of the event is definitely hazy, but from what I can infer from the ban reason is either I, another player, or an admin mentioned Kiwifarms at some point, and then I think an Admin or another player expressed their dislike towards it, so I then said "Kiwi Farms is based, average troony jannies don't like it" which was just a rib at the stereotypical admin who gets upset over minute things. An admin told me to stop, and then I replied with the whole 'opinion' thing.
Why you think you should be unbanned: In retrospect, I should've just stopped talking when told to stop, but I also had full intention of stopping after I said 'k'. I play on TG a bit, and not having any access to OOC when the round is finished is a bit jarring, cause' I'd always forget I was banned in the first place.
References of good conduct: I'm sure people don't have any bad experiences with me when they talk to me IC.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: SomeDingus - OOC Ban

Post by tattle » #617803

Banning admin is Armhulenn.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: SomeDingus - OOC Ban

Post by Armhulen » #617808

I feel like we're beating around the bush on what the real problem was. Sure, you weren't listening, but the original reason you were bwoinked in the first place was because you were breaking rule 11:

11. Bigotry is not allowed.
Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject the expression of
bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.
This means rather than warning or banning for quoting a usage such as "Griff McNazi got banned for calling somebody a faggot" or even things like "nigga pls" and "what are you faggots playing" which are generally not statements made to be
bigoted, we'll focus more on statements like "you talk like a [insert stereotype]" or "x is a [insert slur]".

What do you say about your OOC posts that round in regards to this rule?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Armhulenn] SomeDingus - OOC Ban

Post by Armhulen » #618363

Alllllllll byyyyyy myyyyysellllllhellllf

dont wanna be

alllllllll byyyyyyyyyyyyyy myyyseeeeeeeeeeelff

anymooore

Armhulen
Global Moderator