Festkongendk
Byond Username: Gobears

[Wesoda25] - Festkongendk - Ban Evading

Post by Festkongendk » #618358

YOND account: Festkongendk
Character name: n/a
Ban type: server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Festkongendk ) is banned from playing here. The
ban reason is: Ban evading account of hyperixxx
Time ban was placed: 2021-11-06 18:29:53
Server you were playing on when banned: all
Round ID in which ban was placed: 57146
Your side of the story: I was attempting to ban evade. I'm relatively new to this game (less than a year) and was introduced by my friend who is a big griefer. He taught me how to grief by making deadly ARDS viruses and even though I know what I did was wrong and against the server rules (meta-gaming, ban-evading, mass griefing) i was new to the game and he was teaching me a lot of the things so I didn't really challengeit.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I really like /tg/ station and I know how to play nicely now. I know it's a longshot because I've been trying to evade multiple times but really I just want to play normally and dont want to upset anyone.
References of good conduct: none
Anything else we should know: I have a list of some of the other accounts i tried to griefe/vade on that i shared with my friend.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: [Wesoda25] - Festkongendk - Ban Evading

Post by wesoda25 » #618475

Hey, just responding to say that I appreciate you appealing this, that's a mature first step that most evaders don't usually take. I don't want you to have the impression that I'm ignoring this, just need some time to talk to the admins who dealt with you in the past + try and check out your history. When I'm better informed I'll make another post.
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #618800

! Message from: dragomagol
Image removed: Please don't post spreadsheets with the emails and passwords of your alts, just telling us the ckeys is fine. I've passed the image on to the banning admin.
To give you an idea what i'm talking about

the top part is cut off but those are the list of servers that we got banned on. he made an account generator with hundreds of accounts and we would mark which servers we got banned on and move onto the next one.

I'm not sure which ones of these i was on but we usually griefed together so we were a part of it.

some of the accounts linked to mine not necesarily have been accounts i explicitly griefed with for this reason but i had access to them
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #619099

Ok so first off - please don't post the login information for these accounts. This does not help and we don't want other people using them.

Anyways - is jimmyhandrix your first account? If so go ahead and appeal the ban for that one, the admin responsible can decide what to do regarding your evasion. I don't have all the information so I can't really handle this, all I know is the extent of one of your acts of evasion.
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #619198

I don't remember what my first account was but I Don't think i griefed tg on jimmyhandrix.
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #619199

okay I just looked at jimmyhandrix's old post, that was my friend and not me. the jimmyhandrix account is on my spreadsheet of accounts that we used to an evade but he was my friend who taught me how to make the deadly ars virus.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #619832

So for the accounts you shared - were these your friends accounts or yours originally?
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #620477

Just gonna deny and move this to resolved in a couple days if it doesn’t have a response them.
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #620485

wesoda25 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:18 pm So for the accounts you shared - were these your friends accounts or yours originally?
This is a hard question to answer. Both I guess? I never really "made" an account for myself, I've always been using accounts he generated and put into that spreadsheet. Including this one.

There were so many accounts that sometimes we would log onto one that the other had used first so the lines get pretty blurred.
Last edited by Festkongendk on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #620689

Ok, as I said you appealing is a good first step, but you’ve also sort of destroyed any good faith we might extend your way given your history. All of the input I heard from admins who have dealt with you is bad, and I’m not willing to subject our current ones to a problem player until at least a common ground of good faith is established. Best way to do this is with a voucher, bee and skyrat are probably the two downstreams closest to our code. If you want to venture out further there are numerous other somewhat related servers such as goon, yog, fulp, etc. A voucher isn’t the only way of establishing good faith/interest in playing, general contribution to or involvement in the community is another good way of going about it. Appeal in 4 months or as soon as you secure a voucher from another server and I’ll consider unbanning you, for now this is denied.

Leaving unlocked for a couple days incase you have any questions.
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #620727

Would you be willing to reconsider? I already stopped a few months ago when I wanted to play seriously and its possible much of the interactions you had with "me" were my friend. My friend continued to grief on these accounts for some time after I stopped.

the issue is I really want to play on a low RP server because I find following the rules of MRP and high RP servers too restrictive and the only other LRP server with a significant amount of players is goon which is a codebase I'm really not into. so finding a voucher would be a huge pain in the ass for me.

also - i feel like i am already establishing good faith. i could continue to ban evade and pose more headaches for the admins but i want to play as a legitimately normal player now. if i really wanted to cause problems i could do it anyway.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #620979

I'm very conflicted about this so I'll make the choice yours.

The only way I would feel comfortable about unbanning you now would be with a restrictive probation in place for a couple months. It goes without saying that any repeated mass grief/evasion activity would result in an instant perma ban, but I would also advise admins to perma you if it became apparent that you weren't interested in playing by the rules or generally worsened the servers (usually done by being a dick and disregarding the fun of other players).

The alternative is what I said above, either get a vouch or show me you are interested in genuinely joining and contributing to the servers (through more than this appeal) and you'll be unbanned with no probation.
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #621013

I would agree to those terms.

If it's okay with you, would it be alright if I made a new account that my friend didn't have access to? That way in case he decides to cause trouble and logs into this one I won't be held responsible. You'll be able to tell it's me because it's an IP from a non-VPN from Berkeley, California that I've tried logging into on this account as well. To clarify I would still be agreeing to the probation and you would probably want to put a huge note on my new account.

Also I told him to stop griefing and he won't listen, he thinks it's funny.
Last edited by Festkongendk on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #621047

Definitely go ahead and do that and let me know what the new ckey is.
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #621054

New account is Gobears
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #621071

Kay, it's done. You're free to start playing on Gobears!
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #621078

just tried connecting and got hit with the same ban message
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #621085

Try connecting again now.

If that doesn't work, what server did you attempt to connect to?
[this space reserved]
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #621092

it was sybil but im connecting now. thank you!
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #621120

👍 Have fun
[this space reserved]