[Jaredfogle] Hey_Mister - "so i did what our forefathers called for--and shot her"

Appeals which have been closed.
Hey0Mister

[Jaredfogle] Hey_Mister - "so i did what our forefathers called for--and shot her"

Post by Hey0Mister » #618409

BYOND account: Hey_Mister
Character name: Davis Wheeler
Ban type: Role Ban
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason: "Banned from Roles: Head of Security, security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer permanently - Repeated poor security play. Claimed a player had stole their gun and unloaded a makarov clip into them, when no evidence could be found of the victim doing this. Pair this with "adding cat ears means shes also a criminal--so i did what our forefathers called for--and shot her", and there is no reason to believe you are acting in good faith. Disconnected when ahelped and did not return."
Time ban was placed: 02:44:31
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 170933
Your side of the story: Was streaming on discord to some friends, believe I was a recruit, went to warden and asked for lethals, he gave them to me, allbeit under the promise I wouldn't tell anyone. So obviously I wish to abuse this power, self-justifying it by with not many players being on from what I can remember (not an excuse, just how I saw it). I basically unloaded on some chick that had full catgirl gear, and then got mobbed on afterwards before being dragged back. I was then held under trial by Warden and HoS in which i was (rightfully) labeled insane. No point in lying, I came with the full intention of killing the person. At most I thought I would get a week ban and nothing else, but I was surprised to see I was role banned as well. Was going to appeal immediately but assumed that would be denied so I gave it a month.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have gained a majority of my playtime on Sybil and I think Bagil playing Sec, either Ward or HoS. It is a good rp role especially when you have a goal like revs. I believe that "Repeated poor security play" is a bit much, seeing as this is my only warn regarding sec. From the logs anyway this is a one time ShitSec action and shouldn't be a perma ban on the roles which I unlocked HoP and Captain with. If you see this differently I understand, I am of course under bias afterall but at the very least put a limit on the role ban.

[b]References of good conduct: Only in Bagil, and for the reasons of teaching a friend how to play SS13 with a low amount of players

2021-10-18 01:54:36 | Bagil | Round 171496 | Richie9999 | 69h Living Playtime

Is teaching Glompusgiggleton how to play the game. Is aware of metacomming rules

[b]Anything else we should know: I was warned for circumventing the ban by apparently asking to join Sec as Scott Curator. I didn't know this wasn't allowed, and the admins only realized it after I ticketed the HoS for unloading a lethal and almost killing me for asking to join Sec. (Ironic, I know...)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [Jaredfogle] Hey_Mister - "so i did what our forefathers called for--and shot her"

Post by Mothblocks » #618423

I appreciate the honesty in the ban appeal.

I'll lift the sec ban, don't do anything dumb.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<