technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

[Waltermeldron] Techno - Stalker gets shot

Post by technokek » #618527

BYOND account: Technokek
Character name: Richard Stallman
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Overescalation - Shot and lethalled a revolutionary/traitor that was following them around because the revolutionary/traitor had thrown a chair at them and was following them around for period of time. The brig was in no state to hold any sort of prisoner (depowered, no powere), but they have been warned that they shouldn't lethal someone doing slightly suspicious things simply because there isn't any place to hold them.
Time ban was placed: 2021-11-08 19:58:19
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed:172725
Your side of the story: We have a rev round with a powersink, there are no lights, blood everywhere, security officers keep going missing and people keep dying. The in progress revolution was announced multiple times on coms by the AI so everyone knew. We were unable to get new mindshields as cargo had no power and the brig was completly bolted open as no power means all airlocks have been crowbarred open. Some genious Tider thinks its a good idea to run after a security officer for a good minute and then to follow him into brig knowing fully that we knew of the revs and that everyone else knew about the revs. He then throws a chair at said officer and is confused why he gets killed after stalking sec as a non mindshielded person on a rev round.
Why you think you should be unbanned:I dont think this not is accurate in the sense that if you stalk sec on a rev round and fellow them around for a prolonged amount of time and then even throw shit at them you are just valid. I had no option to detain him or mindshield him to make sure he is not a ref as the brig was fucked and shields where nowhere to be found. This person went out of his way to follow sec around and then go into the brig and atack me. This whole thing could have just been prevented if he simply did not attack and stalk sec on a rev round. I dont get why i am supposed to either ahelp to a admin or talk to a non mindshielded person that was actively chasing me. If they where a rev they would just kill me, i did not instigate this situation. They did by stalking me and throwing, they could have stopped this at any point by just walking away.
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know:
► Show Spoiler
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Re: [Waltermeldron] Techno - Stalker gets shot

Post by Waltermeldron » #618530

You didn't warn them once to back off or to stop following you, you didn't escalate the situation at all, they threw a chair at you once and you killed them for it. You do not get to kill people because they are slightly suspicious and there is no place you can detain them. It is like what I said in that ticket, it would be as if you spaced or killed a prisoner that got arrested for a petty reason because you weren't able to hold them in brig at all.

At the very least, if you had escalated the situation by telling them to back off or to stop following you or else you would open lethals, then it may have been justified but you shot them with no warning because they were following you and threw a chair at you once.
technokek

Post by technokek » #618532

Well i dont think i need to warn someone that has been following me for a extended amount of time to "please stop following me or i have to shoot you, also please dont kill me while i type this k??", in my opinion he acted like a rev by running after sec and trying to bait them to follow them even going into the brig. This again all happened in a revolution that was a complete murderfest as nobody knew who was good and bad, there was no power no mindshields no nothing. He started the engagement by attacking me with a thrown chair, this was his only attack since i killed him after that. I dont see how i need to wait for someone to attack me multiple times to retaliate.

For me this is a case of:

Man acts like rev
Man gets shot like rev
Man was a rev

Since we have quite obviously different opinions on how this should be ruled i am asking for a headadmin to comment about how they see this. I hope you do not take offense in this.
Last edited by technokek on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Post by Waltermeldron » #618536

After some discussion, I think I'm going to remove this note because they attacked you with a chair and I've been convinced that it's a good enough justification to kill an unmindshielded person on a revolutionary round.

This should be resolved, I'll remove the note.
Last edited by Waltermeldron on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek

Post by technokek » #618537

Waltermeldron wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:44 pm After some discussion, I think I'm going to remove this note because they attacked you with a chair and on a rev round I've been convinced that it's a good enough justification to kill an unmindshielded person on a revolutionary round.

This should be resolved, I'll remove the note.
Thank you very much for handeling this so quickly.