NotoriousStinky
Byond Username: NotoriousStinky

[Thunder12345] NotoriousStinky - Bullshit Ban

Post by NotoriousStinky » #618782

BYOND account: NotoriousStinky
Character name: Richard Stank
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Account with less than 10 connections uploading a disgusting book about diapers to the library then trying to make the AI read it on comms. Almost certainly an evader or griefer.
Time ban was placed: 2021-11-10 16:18:55 during round ID 172823
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 172823
Your side of the story: I got placed to play as librarian, except I've played as librarian enough times to know that there isn't much to do. So I started writing, I wrote a book once and sent it to the newscaster to play it on the intercoms and he did. After that time I learned to format my text well in a way where it won't cover the entire chat window so I was happy to try again, but now I have to try writing in a way where it's a bit silly so someone would even bare reading it. I did and sent it to the newscaster but it didn't play. I thought it was a bug at first so I sent a couple of PDA messages to the AI to which there was no response. The book was about a man talking to his psychiatrist about his divorced wife. The man is defending his right to soil his diapers but because of such actions his wife won't let him see his children. The admin messaged me and asked about some disgusting book and why I want to have AI play my work. I said that I thought that was his job. He asked why again, to which I said it was a good book and that he won't regret reading it. I got permabanned shortly after
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't disrespect any parties involved in any way intentionally so I don't see why the ban was permanent, one thing I can think of is maybe I got a bit annoying to the AI when I asked him with a few curse words here and there but it wasn't anything intentionally offensive toward him or meant to demean him in any way. If given the opportunity, I would gladly apologize to the admin and AI in the case I offended them.
References of good conduct: I haven't played on any servers after the ban because immediately after the ban I started writing my appeal. I used to play occasionally on Fulpstation but I started playing on Terry shortly after due to my ping being 200ms avg on Fulp.
Anything else we should know: I haven't been banned from any other servers and I don't know what an evader or griefer is. I started playing this game around a week ago with some friends but recently I've been playing alone because the janky controls have been too much for them.
Attachments
Screenshot_103.png
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [Thunder12345] NotoriousStinky - Bullshit Ban

Post by WineAllWine » #618836

This is the story I was asked to provide. Please view at your own discretion - it's not very nice:
► Show Spoiler
Making an AI read this crap is clearly against the rules
NotoriousStinky
Byond Username: NotoriousStinky

Post by NotoriousStinky » #618900

Why is it an in-game function if it's against the rules?
Also an entire line was missing cause I screwed up with the writing, I forgot to save, so I regret it anyways.
I wasn't aware that was a bannable offense since I saw in the archives that there was a book with an n-word and f-word in the title, where exactly do you people draw the line?
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #618915

Both your byond account name and character name tie in with your gimmick of writing a book about diapers and trying to inflict it on the rest of the server, and from what you've posted here it doesn't seem you've understood why people would be so disgusted by this. Based on that, I'm not seeing anything to convince me you're here to play in good faith. I'll be denying this for now, but will be open to reconsidering my position if you can get another server to vouch for you.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578