Byond Username: Cosmodeus

[Hulkamania] Cosmodeus

Post by Cosmodeus » #619216

Discord username: Cosmodeus
Commonly used names: N/A
Banning admin: Hulkamania#8663
Ban reason: Just posted an actual video of people on fire
Time ban was placed: 8:45 Central 11/13/21
Your side of the story: I posted a video with people on fire. Not "dead people" or something with actual gore. I said "The AI when they want to tell you about something that happened in 1990". Hulkamania didn't necessarily say anything bad about the video, but instead decided to ask me where the video was from. After I tried telling him that it was from Brazil, in a quite literal sense that the video originated from Brazil, which he didn't give me a chance to finish telling him at a concert, he banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't believe this was NSFW and am pretty sure it doesn't violate the other rules. Could I get a justification for this ban so I can understand why I was banned for posting a video of people on fire which didn't involve any dead bodies and wasn't snuff.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] Cosmodeus

Post by Hulkamania » #619227

If I have to sit here and explain to you why posting video of human beings attempting to flee a fire in fear of their lives (in the general channel no less) is not okay, then you do not need to be in the server to begin with.

I don't care if it's from Brazil, the USA, North Korea or Uganda, that shit is not okay. You've already got a history on the discord of saying some very borderline stuff, and this is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

In an effort to educate you on this matter, I have created a small image.

Cosmodeus
Byond Username: Cosmodeus

Post by Cosmodeus » #619296

I acknowledge that you're gatekeeping here, however, you'll have to explain to me which part of people fleeing a fire is "fucked up" as you put it, being that people have in the past posted the image of the monk burning themselves. Also when have I posted things that line stepped? If you don't like me in the community, you don't have to make excuses hulk. Most of space station 13 is, despite being 2D and not real, showing things far more brutal. In a video where the people are real and nobody is dead, a guy on fire is going to suddenly require you to get a trigger warning?

"If I have to sit here and explain to you why posting video of human beings attempting to flee a fire in fear of their lives (in the general channel no less) is not okay, then you do not need to be in the server to begin with."-Hulkamania

This is a scapegoat and it's not a convincing one. You're going to have to spell this one out for me in legos. Do you think I'm a banned user ban evading? Did you discuss this with your admin buddies from politics-on-topic in dm's? I'm not going to play stupid like your brown noser's hulk. I would like a genuine answer as to why you're bullying me with admin powers.

EDIT: Am I being baited here? What's with the filibuster?
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #619911

You don't seem to understand why people would take issue with the video you posted. Just because the video in question "didn't involve any dead bodies and wasn't snuff," does not make posting a video of a tragedy including human beings on fire fleeing for their lives okay. This ban is upheld.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Uphold
RaveRadbury: Uphold
NamelessFairy: Uphold
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: