[DISCORD] Scepnex#5039

Appeals which have been closed.
scepnex
Byond Username: Scepnex

[DISCORD] Scepnex#5039

Post by scepnex » #619924

Discord username: Scepnex#5039

Banning admin: uncertain, very possibly Hulkmania
Ban reason: Evaded channel ban from #politics-on-topic by leaving and rejoining the server
Time ban was placed: 10:58 p.m. Friday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Your side of the story: Initially banned from #politics-on-topic channel for posting a gif making light of the recent changes to #politics-containment regarding the 30-second slow-mode. Responded to Hulkmania's message "[This is politics-on-topic]", which was prompted by a short discussion about hair in the channel. Given that the chat was rather quiet, and #politics-containment had recently been changed to a slow-mode of 30 seconds, I responded with a GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) of the character Galadriel, from The Lord of the Rings films, overlayed with the text "The world is changed", thinking it was appropriate in context. After this, I was banned from posting and observing #politics-on-topic.

Chose to leave the server and rejoin to see if that would reset the ban from #politics-on-topic, which it did.

Why you think you should be unbanned: As far as I can tell, have not broken any of the discord server rules, as per what I can gather from the tgstation wiki (last updated September 2020). Genuinely enjoy making things fun, but understand fully if I have been a nuisance.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lkLDGLWqk ... /giphy.gif
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [DISCORD] Scepnex#5039

Post by Hulkamania » #619930

Worth noting that you have been previously warned (by me) to tone down the amount of reaction gifs you're posting. You did slow down significantly after I'd asked, but most of the time they're distracting and take up valuable chat space in an already often chaotic channel and network of channels.

This ban comes about as a result of not just posting off topic in the channel (specifically after I requested things return to a political topic, I understand things drift and regularly provide such reminders without any administrative action) but very clearly flaunting the idea that you needn't listen to that rule.

The ban was strictly taken as a result of you intentionally dodging an already existing punishment, only a short while after it was made to begin with.

I'm willing to settle this as a three day ban, including lifting the politics-on-topic restriction as you have at least been honest about how things went down.
scepnex
Byond Username: Scepnex

Post by scepnex » #620223

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #620249

Lifted