Appeals which have been closed.
abdulshakur213

Harricross - Abdul Shakur

Post by abdulshakur213 » #619937

BYOND account: niceman47
Character name: Abdul Shakur
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: Permanent ban
Ban reason: (MRP) As a non-antagonist medical doctor, trespassed into xenobiology, and when confronted, shot the RD with a lexorin piercing syringe. Additionally, was told to tone down on slurs before and said things such as "furfag" and "snitch fag". You've accumulated three notes in two days and I don't see you improving or contributing to the server in any capacity.
Time ban was placed: 2021-11-20 - 4:50:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: #173335
Your side of the story: I was attacked and attacked back and I felt I shouldn't have been punished for that, and I didn't believe "fag" was a slur but am now educated on it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am a good doctor and want to go back to work, I have thought about the situation and realized I was in the wrong, ruined the roleplay, and was rude to the admin and I apologize.
Anything else we should know: I have re-read the roleplay specific rules for Manuel and know the differences for the different servers and would really appreciate a second chance.
abdulshakur213

Re: Harricross - Abdul Shakur

Post by abdulshakur213 » #619938

Note: Also I didn't know chain of command/head of departments had to be respected as they usually were not on sybil(that's a part of the reason I disrespected the scientist in xenobio as I didn't know the stick to your role rule).
SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #619965

abdulshakur213 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:29 am I was attacked and attacked back and I felt I shouldn't have been punished for that
I was the RD in this scenario. I did not ahelp about this and I am posting this for context and nothing more.

Normally, I have zero issue with people slipping into my department if they don't cause trouble or steal. In this case, we did not feel comfortable with you in the room as you were brandishing a syringe gun for no reason, something that we explicitly stated at the time. Yes, the Xenobiologist resorted to hitting you once or twice with a welder after you refused/ignored our multiple requests for you to leave. As for me, I did not attack you at all. I passively grabbed and pulled you into maintenance to remove you from my department, after which you stared at me for about five seconds before shooting me. If you're going to defend yourself from assault, please don't shoot at someone who did not take part in the assault, especially not a Head of Staff trying to de-escalate the situation.

It must have been a fairly low dose of Lexorin. The syringe only appeared to do minor brute damage, which healed itself eventually. Therefore, I dropped the matter entirely after a few comments about it over comms. I didn't even know it was Lexorin until I saw this post.
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Post by Harricross » #619967

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

I'm going to save you some time here by telling you that this appeal is unfortunately denied.

If you want to keep reading to see why I'm keeping it permanent, feel free to do so.

First off, logs.

Here, we can see you as a non-antagonist thermiting into places without a proper reason or cause other than to tide.
► Show Spoiler

A little time after, you get hit once by Chase, get thrown out of R&D by security, are subjected to a brigging and then searched for contraband.
► Show Spoiler

Here, you call people, "fags" while you already have a note to cut down on using slurs.
► Show Spoiler

You then somehow manage to get into xenobiology and shoot Chase with a piercing syringe full of lexorin drawn from a bottle labelled, "Peepee bottle".
► Show Spoiler

So far, from 03:37:10 to 04:43:49, you've: thermited walls down to tide, got thrown out of R&D, called people slurs and then over-escalated once you provoked another fight with the Research Director, Chase, by going into xenobiology.

You've already been noted for breaking into places on MRP, throwing phlog grenades into the bar, setting off a firebomb on the emergency shuttle all while as a non-antagonist. Additionally, you've received a note that has told you to cut down on using slurs, which you have clearly not done.

You already had the opportunity to read the MRP rules after your first note involving B&E and the rest of the notes wouldn't even fly on LRP.

I'm sorry, I cannot in good conscious unban you considering how many notes you've already accumulated.
abdulshakur213

Post by abdulshakur213 » #619971

Alright
abdulshakur213

Post by abdulshakur213 » #619974

Would it be possible to get an unban from the non-roleplay servers, while remaining banned from the MRP server? I do really enjoy Tg servers and the only other option seems to be goon.
Last edited by abdulshakur213 on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #619976

abdulshakur213 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:22 pm Would it be possible to get an unban from the non-roleplay servers, while remaining banned from the MRP server? I do really enjoy Tg servers and the only other option seems to be goon.
the database doesnt support that. if you are banned from one tg server youre banned from all (other than tgmc).
similar codebases to tg are fulp, bee, yog
abdulshakur213

Post by abdulshakur213 » #619981

Alright, thanks!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #620468

This looks resolved, so I'm going to lock it up and move it on.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin