Shaps Holes in the light. Guess they weren't kidding when they said WGW isn't funny any more

Appeals which have been closed.
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Shaps Holes in the light. Guess they weren't kidding when they said WGW isn't funny any more

Post by Highway Routine » #620000

Holes in the light
C.O.O.K.I.E
Job ban
5 days
Banned from Roles: silicon, AI, Cyborg for 5 days - Announcing WGW as AI at round start, effectively the same as immediately disconnecting
2021-11-20 23:01:47
Sybil
Round 173383
It was the start of the round and I had to deal with the normal stuff like people asking for tech storage. Then some guy wants me to turn off the safety for the holo room. First I thought to myself if I should but considering law 2 decided to do so, Then it wouldn't let me, said person then gets mad and says "ai milf". I had always thought of doing WGW sometimes when someone says to for an unjust reason, but this one made me mad because he was blaming me for not being able to turn them off. So I said something along the lines of "Think I'm a milf has this" then wgw followed And then I got turned into bread and the game crashed.

I should be unbanned for two reasons, I didn't know people hate WGW that bad, and also the wording of the ban was weird because it said that saying wgw is the same as disconnecting which may be true depending on how you look at it but it isn't really as saying wgw may be dumb but disconnecting is a different thing as Ai is an important role to the stations' progression.

I haven't played on any other stations, I like tg a lot.

I also did get banned for a week because me being confused about which laws come first in RoboCop. After all, it was Help the Revs and the RoboCop lawset. And by rule 5 I did not log out of the game, I may have technically broken rule 5b4 but that is opinion based, I did however as of writing this come across rule 7 in the RP section which does outlaw the spam of things like WGW, So I am sorry.

I think my sentence should be reduced to 1-2 days but with the string that if this happens again it will be a full week with no chance of parole. Thanks.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Shaps Holes in the light. Guess they weren't kidding when they said WGW isn't funny any more

Post by Shaps-cloud » #620006

Here, I'll lift the ban immediately and edit the note for it to say I jumped the gun. I was frustrated seeing that message come up on announcements right at roundstart because I figured you just picked the AI role solely to do that, knowing it'd get you killed by admins, leaving the station without an AI for the round just for the sake of a joke. Your appeal seems sincere, and I'll admit that the "announcing wgw -> doing this almost always gets you killed -> the same as suiciding roundstart (suicide would be a better analogy than the disconnecting one I used) -> ban the same as roundstart suicide" thing was very convoluted to drop without even any explanation, not to mention how harsh a 5 day silicon ban would be for an offense like that.

I shouldn't have assumed the worst, and I definitely shouldn't have used those bad assumptions to justify upgrading the length of the ban so much. That's on me, hopefully this won't turn you off /tg/station going forward

Edit: f-it, I just deleted the note as well, trying to figure out how to reword it made me realize it's not worth keeping on your account
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Shaps Holes in the light. Guess they weren't kidding when they said WGW isn't funny any more

Post by Timberpoes » #620469

Looks like this got resolved fully, so I'm going to lock this up and move it on.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin