[JusticeGoat ] Moltov - Shuttle rush/heads ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Moltov
Byond Username: Moltov

[JusticeGoat ] Moltov - Shuttle rush/heads ban

Post by Moltov » #620322

BYOND account: Moltov
Character name: VivI Fanteriso
Ban type: Server/Role(s) Captain, Head of Personnel, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Head of Security
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason:
Time ban was placed:8:03:34 UTC (3:03:34 AM EST)
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 173525
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because of how early it was, I didn't really go into detail in my Ticket It was quite one sided and I didn't feel comfortable responding or extending the round further. There are a fair amount of reasons I thought it was okay to rush the shuttle.
  • The entire security team including the HOS and warden had killed themselves, along with the CMO and a cargo tech.
  • The captain was dead, and had their bag with the NAD and their ID left in the medical bay and no one knew why (their body showed up in medical eventually but they were soul departed)
  • The Brig was bombed shortly before the shuttle had docked
  • The new (acting) HOS initiated the shuttle rush, so I figured I'd swipe the two ID's I had
The previous incident was a lapse in judgement when using an EMAG on the shuttle console as a clown.
Last edited by Moltov on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: [JusticeGoat ] Moltov - Shuttle rush/heads ban

Post by JusticeGoat » #620330

Early launch reasons are existential station threats or immediate threats to the shuttle, people killing themselves do not fall under either of those. Same with the explosives, i saw no bombs on the shuttle before it launched. Early launching ended up leaving behind crew and over all really rude to do if you are not an antag with hijack.
Moltov

Post by Moltov » #620337

JusticeGoat wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:43 pm Early launch reasons are existential station threats or immediate threats to the shuttle.... Same with the explosives, i saw no bombs on the shuttle before it launched
I felt like there was probable enough cause to assume that something was going to happen to the shuttle given everything else that happened in the round, and the gift wrapped box that a shaft miner threw to me (and ran away from when I started to unwrap). I threw that box out of the security entry airlock, and the miner got back on and gave it to someone else. Although I didn't see it get unwrapped and detonated a mousetrap assembly grenade went off after the shuttle launched. (Can you check if it was that box?)
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #620344

I would be ok with lifting the role ban but i am leaving the note that you did launch for a weak reason. I saw the chem bomb it was about the strength of a welding tank blowing up that was after the shuttle was undocking.
Unless the shuttle/station is about to be eaten by a singlo/tesla, nuked, or swarmed by high threat antags like nukies, xenos, spiders it should not be early launched by normal crew.
Moltov

Post by Moltov » #620345

JusticeGoat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:55 am I would be ok with lifting the role ban but i am leaving the note that you did launch for a weak reason. I saw the chem bomb it was about the strength of a welding tank blowing up that was after the shuttle was undocking.
Unless the shuttle/station is about to be eaten by a singlo/tesla, nuked, or swarmed by high threat antags like nukies, xenos, spiders it should not be early launched by normal crew.
Alrighty. I just knew someone trying to get people to open a box was a bad idea. I didn't know how large the potential explosion was going to be and didn't want to risk say- a meth grenade going off.
Moltov

Post by Moltov » #620355

could the Note it's self get updated to better reflect the situation?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #620358

I would like to note that justicegoat forgot to ban him from CMO.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #620368

Timonk wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 am I would like to note that justicegoat forgot to ban him from CMO.
yeah i fudged the checkbox. :p
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #620478

Note has been updated