SmokeyMcBongwater
Byond Username: SmokeyMcB0ngwater

[Omega_DarkPotato] SmokeyMcB0ngwater - Pre-empting roundend grenade

Post by SmokeyMcBongwater » #620598

BYOND account: SmokeyMcB0ngwater

Character name: Smokey McBongwater

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Three Days

Ban reason: Detonated a bomb on shuttle just before it docked as a nonatagonist, killing two people. Was informed to wait until AFTER the end-of-round screen shows up to use said grenades. Disconnected after the round ended. This ban (BanID 57457) was applied by Omega_DarkPotato on 2021-25-2021 05:34:40 during round ID 173641.

Time ban was placed: 2021-25-2021 05:34:40

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 173641.

Your side of the story: After being disgruntled with shuttle calls during the round, a chemist came to me and gave me an entire dufflebag of grenades. I ahelped if I could use them on the shuttle since I had grown tired of the three calls and recalls of the shuttle. The response was to wait until roundend to use them. I got on the shuttle and waited for the ESC timer to get to 0, and heard the sounds of the shuttle docking. I primed my nade expecting it to go off right after the roundend screen but roundend lagged quite a bit, and thus I ended up killing two others and myself and redtexting them. I'm sincerely sorry and was not expecting such a lengthy time between shuttle-docking and roundend screen showing. I don't like being a shitter, which is why I ahelped about this in the first place.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I had no idea that the round-end screen could take so long to show, and will only start murderboning AFTER the screen appears. No more trying to pre-empt it.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: [Omega_DarkPotato] SmokeyMcB0ngwater - Pre-empting roundend grenade

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #620599

Lowered to two days per request over discord - Smokey had contacted me about an hour or two after ban was placed explaining why they had left after the game's end, and I had offered to reduce the ban to two days as I had added the extra day due to me believing that he had simply ignored my request in the original ticket and logged off after what sounded suspiciously like FNR bombing.

Appeal's now here after him accepting said offer (administrative actions have to be on the forums), so the ban'll go down to the standard 2 days for two nonantagonist kills, and the note will probably drop from high to medium.

If you've got any other questions or requests, standard policy's to leave a ban appeal open for at least 2 days after a conclusion's reached, so feel free to drop em in this thread!
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!