[Cimika] Luke Chien -At what time is a lesson learnt?

Appeals which have been closed.
lukasauru

[Cimika] Luke Chien -At what time is a lesson learnt?

Post by lukasauru » #621551

Beyond Account Name: Lukasaurus8
character name: Luke Chien
ban type: ghost role ban
ban Length: 14 days
ban reason: Got killed by two traitors as a non-antagonist. While getting murdered, mentioned some off-hands threats about "watch[ing] this reigime crumble in another life" Respawned as a Charlie Station ghost role, then beelined for the station and stated upon arriving "that vengeance" "i can finally act on it" Proceeded to tide into the Captain's office, steal gear from it and spark a manhunt during which they shot at people with the antique and used the stolen bridge fire-axe to attack other people, including one person who has put into hardcrit.
time of ban: 2021-11-28 19:06:48
server I was playing: bagil
round ID: 173840
my side of the story: I would go into depth about my personal actions, but I entirely agree I was being a shitter and metagrudging, instead I want to ask why I got banned from EVERY ghost role for 2 weeks rather then just the main ones I could use to commit such a act? I still think I shouldn't be allowed to be a Charlie or maybe even a golem, but i think banning me from stuff like admin events, PAI's and mind swap potions is a BIT much, so I ask if you think it should either be shortened a wee bit as I've been trying to better recently, or just restricted to things like Charlie and lavaland roles, either or works, I just don't think a incident as a Charlie should stop someone from being a PAI, so I ask you to personally decide if I should or not
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: [Cimika] Luke Chien -At what time is a lesson learnt?

Post by Cimika » #621553

Hey, thanks for taking the time to appeal.

Generally, when you do some bad stuff as a ghost role, you get blanket banned from every single ghost roles, there wasn't much further thinking behind this. Ghost roles bans don't prevent you from engaging with the main loop of the game, and if you generally can't be trusted as a specific ghost roles, you can't be trusted as all of them. I'm willing to lift some piecemeal stuff, like pAI or mind swap potions, but anything else I'm not interested in lifting. Is that fine with you?
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

lukasauru

Post by lukasauru » #621565

yeah thats fine with me, i agree that i should be i just dont agree that i should be banned from ANY ghost role, i feel like some can still do fine, thanks for giving your thoughts!
Cimika

Post by Cimika » #621625

PAI and mind swap are lifted, have fun out there gamer.
Spoiler:

lukasauru

Post by lukasauru » #621627

cheers bro, ill have fun, you too!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #621677

Just FYI grudging usually nets you a blanket ban because all ghost roles that can interact with crew have the ability to be used as a vector to grudge, even if the role itself can’t act on it.

Example could be pAI telling people X is a traitor after dying or a comms agent immediately law 2ing the AI to kill a particular lizard. Neither of these people can do actual dps on their target.

This is on top of the fact that this is a pretty fundamental concept to ghost roles, and that abusing this leaves room to distrust (you) with the ability to abide by core concepts of other ghost roles which have additional rules on top of the more general concepts.

Just want to warn you since other admins (myself included) would probably not have provided you said opportunity, and I don’t want you to get the interpretation the appeal was approved because the extent of the roles in which you were banned in was “wrong” (if it was I would disagree but that’s peanutty)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cimika

Post by Cimika » #621746

What Cobby said. I just felt like being nice, don't use it as precedent for ghost role appeals. I'm locking this.
Spoiler: