[pumpkin0] speeno ban appeal #1857

Appeals which have been closed.
coompadre
Byond Username: Cumpadre

[pumpkin0] speeno ban appeal #1857

Post by coompadre » #621729

BYOND account: Was Speeno, but I do not have the login for that anymore, so it is currently "Cumpadre"
Character name: Can't remember
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: At 2020-12-21 04:27:23, by pumpkin0 on Manuel server
Permanent server ban of ckey speeno
pumpkin0 wrote:
Banned from the server permanently - After numerous, previous notes and bans on both of his accounts about LRP things on Manuel and improper escalation, made a smoke machine full of synthflesh and tried to light the CMO on fire when they purged it. Apparently then proceeded to accidentally splash a security officer, then seemed to have thrown a welder at them after, even if that was accidental. Then proceeded to go around practically griefing with baldium after being released. You need to understand what these notes are trying to tell you - please come back after a year and appeal once you understand.
Time ban was placed: A year ago, sometime in late-ish December.
Round ID in which ban was placed: Can't find.
Your side of the story: I genuinely cannot remember, but the ban reason sounds pretty believable.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the ban was fair, I used to be a major shitter, but it's been about a year since I last played on /tg/ and I've been playing occasionally on Fulp, only acquiring one note for making some sort of penis joke. I'd like to play /tg/ again and see all the changes and such, as I have pretty fond memories (when I wasn't being a twit) of playing on the server.
References of good conduct: I don't have any direct references, but I do have my playtime and notes sheet from Fulp. (https://imgur.com/a/8NvWaTt)
Anything else we should know: I know I appealed this a few times, but I couldn't get a reference, so I've just decided to wait out my original ban.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [pumpkin0] speeno ban appeal #1857

Post by Timberpoes » #621734

Previous permaban and appeal history:
Permabanned by Timberpoes. Appeal accepted with probation condition Dec 18, 2020. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28150
Permabanned by Pumpkin0. Failed probation 3 days after agreeing to it Dec 21, 2020.
Evaded and got permabanned on numerous other accounts. Attempted to appeal and was told to appeal their original bans on Jun 10, 2021. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29245
Appealed root ban by pumpkin0 Jun 10, 2021. Appeal rejected requiring a vouch from another server. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29247

Orindarily a player must wait at least a year after a failed permaban appeal before re-appealing. Failing to wait will usually result in your appeal being closed before it is even considered.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44
Rule 5 wrote:5. A permaban may only be appealed once every 12 months unless stated otherwise by the banning admin or a headmin. Subsequent appeals will be automatically rejected and deleted, and may result in a forum ban if repeated.
However, there may be some potential if your fulp playtime can be translated into a proper vouch as requested in your last appeal.

As a result, I am not automatically rejecting your appeal as per the rules. I feel that it is up to pumpkin0 whether or not allow this appeal to play out to conclusion.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #621735

I asked the fulp admins for a vouch, and they told me that as far as they know, they don't give out vouches.
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #621736

also, why did nobody tell me that you have to wait a year after a denied perma appeal?
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #621737

coompadre wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:16 am also, why did nobody tell me that you have to wait a year after a denied perma appeal?
It's in the rules linked in the big red box at the top of the page. Rule 5, that is.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621756

coompadre wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:12 am I asked the fulp admins for a vouch, and they told me that as far as they know, they don't give out vouches.
At the risk of DOUBLE LEGIT PEANUT TIME, even absent an explicit vouch of "this player is good," it's generally adequate to go a significant period of time without accumulating any bans, warnings, or notes for misbehavior. Significant connection time with no news is generally perceived as good news.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #621760

Thank you for taking the time to make this appeal, but even disregarding the 12 month rule I think it's not time for your appeal to be accepted just yet. This is for a few reasons.
As Timberpoes has very helpfully laid out you have had a few past appeals, one of which resulted in a probation that you got banned over in just three days. There was also the appeal for the probation ban, then the ban evasion and then another for the root - I feel like it'd be best to give it more time, probably go for the full 12 months if that's possible.
Additionally, your playtime on Fulp is pretty low in the grand scheme of things, 12.5 hours living is not much even for a vouch. You also gained a note similar to past offenses you have made on /tg/station, which does not instil confidence for unbanning you if it feels like you're just going to make the same mistakes.

For now, I'm going to be denying this Appeal until it feels like there's some tangible progress made, I apologize.
the w
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #621766

I suggest talking with /vg/ admins about his conduct when playing there.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #622298

There hasn't been a response for over 48 hours, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Let me know if you need it unlocked.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you