Appeals which have been closed.
CrazySaucer78

[<Donpedrito>] Maybe Cliff

Post by CrazySaucer78 » #622488

BYOND account: CrazySaucer
Character name: MAybe it was Cliff
Ban type: Server/Role(s)/server
Ban length: Pe7 days
Ban reason: As a non-antagonist roboticist, killed a botanist with fire axe and shoved the clown into an SM shard on the Hyperfracts Gigashuttle, both seemingly for no reason.
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 174962
Your side of the story: The botanist was a tator he had the supermatter extractor and a dagger, so that one was fair, if he wasn't tator, well he shouldn't have that shit on him, and I tried to hug the clown but hit right click not left, also he was standing right infront of the shard so he probably was going kill himself anyway.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I did nothing wrong but for unjustly killing clown, which since I am a clown fan I would never do, the botanist was a tator and I staied on the server tilll the end of the round the botanist kill was mid-round so you had time to message me.
References of good conduct: I shared the looted me and cmo got from cap's office and I killed carps outside of station and fixed a window.
Anything else we should know: Yeah they had lot's of time to message me, don't know what they are saying that I left before they could, they were on all round and I killed clown right before round ended, so he was going die in three minutes or one, either way there wasn't anytime to do anything.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<Donpedrito>] Maybe Cliff

Post by Vekter » #622489

Full ban reason:
As a non-antagonist roboticist, killed a botanist with a fire axe and shoved the clown into an SM shard on the Hyperfractal Gigashuttle, both seemingly for no reason. You have a long history of this kind of behavior, and further incidents will probably lead to a permanent ban. I was unable to message you before you disconnected; if you feel that this ban is in error, you can explain yourself on the forums.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Donpedrito
Byond Username: Donpedrito

Post by Donpedrito » #622505

The round in which the incident occurred was 174957, here are the logs: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... und-174957. You're correct that the character name was Cliff Weinstein.
I'll address each kill separately.

While the botanist didn't have any sort of dagger (what you saw was probably his normal botany hatchet), he did have a supermatter kit, and as that kill happened pretty close to the SM, I'm willing to believe he had his extractor out or something like that.

As for the clown kill, you bragged about it both immediately IC, and after roundend OOC:
[2021-12-17 19:27:05.995] SAY: CrazySaucer/(Cliff Weinstein) "haha" (Emergency Shuttle (163,53,2))
[2021-12-17 19:27:15.243] SAY: CrazySaucer/(Cliff Weinstein) "I&#39;m crying" (Emergency Shuttle (162,53,2))
[2021-12-17 19:27:26.373] SAY: CrazySaucer/(Cliff Weinstein) "that was so fucking funny" (Emergency Shuttle (162,57,2))
[2021-12-17 19:29:39.408] OOC: 19:29:39.408] OOC: CrazySaucer/(Cliff Weinstein) "clown became part of supermatter" (Emergency Shuttle (162,55,2))
So I'm not inclined to believe that it was accidental; the fact that the round ended soon after the clown's death is irrelevant.

As for not messaging you, the clown ahelped at the beginning of the next round, after you had already disconnected. I can't be sure as to why they waited, but it's possible they thought you were in a position of authority and so had a good reason; multiple people in OOC chat at the beginning of the next round seemed to think you were the HoS or acting captain, likely due to something you took from the captain's locker. I'm not sure what you mean about the CMO, as they were actually murdered by a traitorous chef in the kitchen a few minutes before your broke into the captain's office, but weren't stripped of their PDA until 10 minutes later, so it couldn't have been an impersonator either. However, I want to stress that you disconnecting is not being held against you, as it was the end of the round and I had not messaged you.

I'm willing to reduce this ban to 5 days and remove any mention of the botanist. However, do keep in mind that future incidents of killing non-antagonists as a non-antagonist will likely still cause you to be permabanned.
CrazySaucer78

Post by CrazySaucer78 » #622551

ok sorry, but i do think people who play clown when we need more miners and people who help the station are retarded and got mad and pushed them but I forgot the thing makes them into dust, I thought it just shocks them.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #622552

CrazySaucer78 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:08 pm I tried to hug the clown but hit right click not left, also he was standing right infront of the shard so he probably was going kill himself anyway.
CrazySaucer78 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:20 am ok sorry, but i do think people who play clown when we need more miners and people who help the station are retarded and got mad and pushed them but I forgot the thing makes them into dust, I thought it just shocks them.
In the states we call this lying in a ban appeal. Relevant rules state:
10. This forum is for ban appeals made in good faith only. Major actions of bad faith in your ban appeal will be punished. Your ability to appeal bans can be revoked, leaving you fucked if you are perma banned. Lying, forging supporting evidence, or making baseless claims against the administration will not end well for you.

PLEASE REMEMBER: Withholding information deliberately, in ahelps or FNR, is an excellent way to get ignored, or worse. It's effectively lying. When you say you were 'permabrigged for breaking one wall' and that one wall was the Armory's, then you've denied yourself way better than any of us could manage.
[this space reserved]
Donpedrito
Byond Username: Donpedrito

Post by Donpedrito » #622571

While I appreciate the honesty regarding the clown's death, someone's job choice is never a valid reason to kill them; besides, there's hardly any way he could know the station needed miners before joining the round. I will be amending the note and ban as I described earlier a little later today, but I do not intend to reduce the ban duration further.
EDIT: I have amended the note and ban.