[dragomagol]Perma appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

[dragomagol]Perma appeal

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622659

BYOND account: BallastMonsterGnarGnar
Character name: Johnathan Gupta(I think? It says it on scrubby It's Jonathan Jonathon or Johnathon or Johnathan.)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:
image_2021-12-20_094017.png
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed:160214
Your side of the story: I was a shit person the ban was more than deserved, it made me look at myself and reflect inside finding out more about me how I shouldn't take advantage of being a sec or a head, how would I feel if I was in their position? I had a bit of a hissy fit while the ban happened and I look back and it looks terrible every time.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My ban was fair, at the time I was a shit player who constantly bordered on fighting people. Nowadays I like fights but I try to sidestep them and not actively start them, I have a problem of getting killed nowadays(Which I now see that it's quite fun spectating), after seeing what else this has to offer I realised the only place that is quite fun, that has good admins and that doesn't wanna stay small. Is /tg/, and it's going places I wanna see where it goes.
References of good conduct:IS12(Not quite there with tgmc but I have 70+ hours with no bans)

Sorry for the short or long appeal, I can't quite put into words my feelings.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [dragomagol]Perma appeal

Post by Vekter » #622667

Tattle said I could weigh in on this since I placed the original probation.

The biggest issue I'm seeing is that, according to you, we can't really get vouches from IS12, so it doesn't really do you any good. That being said, you're banned from pretty much every major server, so I don't see how else you could get a vouch.

Given that you've made an effort to stay a community member despite your ban, I could see giving you another chance with the understanding that you'd be starting out on pretty thin ice.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622668

This is fine with me, I understand I'm in no position to negotiate.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #622728

Hello, and thank you for appealing!

I haven't yet checked in with TGMC or IS12, but in the meantime I do have a question for you about your recent activity on other servers, specifically Fulpstation and Beestation, given your comment in this appeal about how you interact with heads of staff and security.

I'm taking these bans with a grain of salt, given that I don't have the full context of any of these situations and we're different servers with different expectations of players, but there's one from a little over a month ago that worries me given your shaky history on /tg/ with command roles:

Could you give some more insight into the situation described in the ban?
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622730

I indeed can, I thought it would be funny to declare 'war' on medbay by saying sec is way better and we don't need your help, CMO wanted me to back down, I never back down. Tension was rising in a fun way without deeming actual harm, the captain tries to demote me(I didn't realize demotion is something your immediately supposed to go along with) Captain chases me through maints, I don't want to hurt him or arrest him so I do a chase and hide strategy. I had to hide in a locker from captain for a few minutes due to him searching the department and me not actively trying to fight him, admin teleports me, I baton him, sec arrests him, and try's to demote him(Jailed him for some reason)after finding a safe position to land all my HoS stuff I give away my job(and his id someone stole it) after being contacted via ahelp and realising my mistake I try to tell people to let him go, but the admin summoned sec ERT 6-9 of them to replace sec, then I get arrested get into the brig medical with CMO, CMO trys to do pacification on me, I resisit try to hit them with the tele baton and get out(They poisoned me with hydrospray midfight) and I die shortly after and go DNR, this is a start of 'I don't like fulp but I kinda gotta play here' which leads up to a suicide antag appeal trying to explain why, which they say if you don't like fulp don't play it, so I stopped playing. Bee station generally twisted what I said and when I tried to explain the situation I got called "...nonsensical" I've heard from other people it's not just me who gets words twisted in bee station, I have other people say that Nocturne, and some others. Fulp generally ban baits people(I have also had people say this to me) Someone got metagrudged to nyaing? (I did it as a xenomob once and get ghosted and fulp admins generally hate cats)

If you have specific questions please ask them about my story if I didn't word it well or are confused or if you generally think I said it in a weird way. I will reply earliest in the morning tomorrow right now I'm going to sleep.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622731

tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #622962

You've generally improved as a /tg/ community member, which I can appreciate. But you didn't get banned for your OOC behaviour, you were banned because you had difficulty following the rules in-game to the detriment of others, particularly as someone in a position of power (see: heads of staff). And in that regard it doesn't seem like enough has changed.
I thought it would be funny to declare 'war' on medbay by saying sec is way better and we don't need your help, CMO wanted me to back down, I never back down.
I had to hide in a locker from captain for a few minutes due to him searching the department and me not actively trying to fight him, admin teleports me, I baton him, sec arrests him, and try's to demote him
This is the kind of stuff you were banned for here. Instigating fights with people who are doing their job. I don't really think it's fair to say that the blame lies solely with Fulp and Bee that you got banned repeatedly on both for similar things.

From the post you linked written earlier this month,
https://forum.fulp.gg/t/antag-appeal-shooting-a-shot/4093/5 wrote:No one around here is kinda funny and I don’t really like the social interactions with the people, so I just suicide in a funny way Altars, HoP line whateva, I just felt like it no longer felt like it then I suicided and played some tf2, I feel like playing ss13 right? So I get my hennesy and log on wait for the round get janitor and realize “Holy shit there is nothing fun bout this lately”
It looks like you're burnt out and sick of playing, which isn't a good headspace to be in to make good decisions or get folks to vouch for your good behaviour. If a server is making you miserable playing on it, but you make yourself do it anyway, nobody's going to have fun.

This appeal is denied. The goal of you playing on a server for a vouch isn't that you play really well on that server but not on others. What I'm hoping to see from you next time you appeal is:
  1. You read and follow the rules of other servers you play on
  2. You show more consideration towards the experience of others in-game
Feel free to appeal again when you get a vouch from another server, no limit on time. And please let me know if you'd like me to clarify on anything I've said here.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622965

Yeah your right bout forcing myself to play, I did force myself to play for each server I thought it would work out but it didn't, I'll appeal when I find a spacestation server that I find fun and i'm not forcing myself, for now Ill probably sleep or something.