Note removal by papi 2 (REVENGE of totally different and unrelated Note)

Appeals which have been closed.
Papilon

Note removal by papi 2 (REVENGE of totally different and unrelated Note)

Post by Papilon » #622721

[BYOND account: Misurn BYOND account

Character name: tapioca something something
Ban type:[/Note

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason:As a revolutionist chemist, stunned, cuffed, and stripped a fellow revolutionist assistant who broke into chemistry before they were converted. They then handed their cuffed teammate into security. Was warned against taking grudges from pre-conversion into the team.

Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall

2021-12-12 06:21:29 | Sybil | Round 174643 | Jackraxxus | 225h Living Playtime

Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words.
A guy kept breaking into chemistry to make suspicious crap without permission without being revolutionary, i expulsed it once or twice, suddenly as he was breaking in, clown converted us both into revolutionaries, i continued my deed of expulsing him like normal, because it was roundstart and there was no reason to let that cunt in (since in the rare case it was going to make something useful like a bomb for revs, and not meth to ignore its goals, itd either explode my lab or open a breach and kill everybody from atmos crushing), i cuffed and gave away to a random guy without saying a word, i didnt tell sec we were revoultionaries, i continued like it was nothing so id have no issue building my gunpowder fabric
It came back 3 minutes later, probably with the charge of vandalism and haunted me while i laughed, admin had me so busy that round with endless dms that i didnt reach to fill myself with gunpowder and go to sec and explode us all
Id understand if i had given the other rev's head and got him deconverted, but he wasnt, and came back so soon i wasnt even happy with the small ammount of time sec gave him
(in fact, just after i replied to admin saying id rescue he, the bastard tider came back and i said "RESCUED BITCH!")

Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
Sincerely, i solemnly belived that after getting converted into part of the revolution, there was a brief brief time to continue what you were doing like normal, you know, hating the power that opress us and systems that control all our movements doesnt mean you can law 2 me into letting you do whatever you want with my lab, so i thought "well, as long as he is away for 2 minutes anything would be fine", i gave it to sec purpousely so i didnt have to kill him, people ooc have told me how stupid i was for not just killing him (since for some reason, killing an ally or another person in sibyl its often labbeled as an IC issue, its not ideal, but its how it is), and you know? it worked, he stayed alive and helped the revolution, and i didnt have to set him on fire with clf3 for wasting all of our power making spaming sulfuric acid in plastic bottles or destroying our lab

I also sincerely belive that, how things are rp wise in here, its a bit needless to punish such victimless and casual stuff like this just because we were traitors, it happened inmediately in the heat of the momment and didnt have no further consequences. As i said, the tider came back while i was plotin how to rescue it

(P.S: Greytiders have no soul, and they dont inspire the smallest ammount of pity in my rotten heart, they break into chemistry and set you on fire if you try to stop them, then steal your stuff and throw you in maint, admins are too forgiving with their behavior and i have come to despise them all, ill kill all tiders, ILL PLAY ANOTHER HOUR AS HEAD AND KILL ALL TIDERS! DIE TIDERS DIE!!
YOU ARE THE VANE OF MY SOUL FILTHY WRETCHES, MAY GOD AND ITS 13 APOSTLES FORGIVE YOU FOR I SHANT, OH YOU DAMNED DISECATED RATS, PERISH! PERISH UNDER MY ARM AND SUCUMB TO THE RESILENT WLL OF MY STRENGHT, ILL MAKE THEM NOT-HUMAN SO AI NEVER DARES TO OBEY THEM AGAIN OH TIDERS I HATE YOU ALL PLEASE DIE!!!!!
God bless. 7v7
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: Note removal by papi 2 (REVENGE of totally different and unrelated Note)

Post by tattle » #622724

Noting admin was Jackraxxus. Please include the admin's ckey in the title of your appeal.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Re: Note removal by papi 2 (REVENGE of totally different and unrelated Note)

Post by Jackraxxus » #622741

Hey there, I'm gonna try to keep this concise. inb4 towerpost
Firstly, any logs that I pull from in this reply are taken from here: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... nd-174643/
That said, I will be addressing the points you made in no particular order.
Papilon wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:39 am victimless
Just to note here, I know you weren't told in the Ahelp (And I think this was a mistake on my part soz) but the assistant was buckle-cuffed in security and was about to be deconverted until they were teleported out by another admin. It was by no means victimless.
The Logs wrote: [2021-12-12 06:04:00.069] ADMIN: Boris vc Borisvon/(Grimnir Halfoath) teleported John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) to Courtroom (181,121,2)
Papilon wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:39 am A guy kept breaking into chemistry to make suspicious crap without permission without being revolutionary, i expulsed it once or twice, suddenly as he was breaking in, clown converted us both into revolutionaries, i continued my deed of expulsing him like normal, because it was roundstart and there was no reason to let that cunt in (since in the rare case it was going to make something useful like a bomb for revs, and not meth to ignore its goals, itd either explode my lab or open a breach and kill everybody from atmos crushing), i cuffed and gave away to a random guy without saying a word, i didnt tell sec we were revoultionaries, i continued like it was nothing so id have no issue building my gunpowder fabric
It came back 3 minutes later, probably with the charge of vandalism and haunted me while i laughed, admin had me so busy that round with endless dms that i didnt reach to fill myself with gunpowder and go to sec and explode us all
Id understand if i had given the other rev's head and got him deconverted, but he wasnt, and came back so soon i wasnt even happy with the small ammount of time sec gave him
(in fact, just after i replied to admin saying id rescue he, the bastard tider came back and i said "RESCUED BITCH!")
Firstly, they specifically told you they were making plastic. They didn't intend to blow up your lab by failing to make meth.
The Logs wrote: [2021-12-12 05:52:12.383] SAY: John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) "I need plastic" (Medbay Central (163,90,2))
[2021-12-12 05:52:14.990] SAY: John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) "i m making it" (Medbay Central (163,90,2))
Secondly, most of this paragraph is addressed by them being teleported out of brig instead of being released/escaping. I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your teammate (emphasis on teammate) being free safe and soon.
Papilon wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:39 am Sincerely, i solemnly belived that after getting converted into part of the revolution, there was a brief brief time to continue what you were doing like normal, you know, hating the power that opress us and systems that control all our movements doesnt mean you can law 2 me into letting you do whatever you want with my lab, so i thought "well, as long as he is away for 2 minutes anything would be fine", i gave it to sec purpousely so i didnt have to kill him, people ooc have told me how stupid i was for not just killing him (since for some reason, killing an ally or another person in sibyl its often labbeled as an IC issue, its not ideal, but its how it is), and you know? it worked, he stayed alive and helped the revolution, and i didnt have to set him on fire with clf3 for wasting all of our power making spaming sulfuric acid in plastic bottles or destroying our lab
I don't know why you believed in this "Grace Period", I can assure you there is no such thing. Once you are converted to a team with someone else all escalation between you is immediately reset and you are expected to be friends, or at least begrudgingly cooperative. If there were a minute between really being on someone's team I'd have killed a lot more culists for stabbing me before converting me.
But you're right, just because you're teammates doesn't mean they can boss you around. I'm not having a go at you over throwing them out of chemistry, that's fair enough. I'm having a go at you over fully stripping them and handing them to a security officer. (Jimmy Little in this case being a security officer as seen here: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... nifest.txt )
The Logs wrote: [2021-12-12 05:59:26.561] ATTACK: Misurn/(Brava Tapi) John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) has been stripped of the fingerless insulated gloves by Misurn/(Brava Tapi) (Medbay Central (169,91,2))
[2021-12-12 05:59:29.319] ATTACK: Misurn/(Brava Tapi) John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) has been stripped of the satchel by Misurn/(Brava Tapi) (Medbay Central (169,91,2))
[2021-12-12 05:59:30.318] ATTACK: Misurn/(Brava Tapi) John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) has been stripped of the grey jumpsuit by Misurn/(Brava Tapi) (Medbay Central (169,91,2))
[2021-12-12 05:59:54.051] ATTACK: John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) has pulled from Misurn/(Brava Tapi) with Jimmy Little (NEWHP: 100) (Aft Central Primary Hallway (170,114,2))
[2021-12-12 05:59:54.052] ATTACK: Robustitron/(Jimmy Little) has grabbed John1456578/(Julia Hardyburg) passive grab (NEWHP: 64.8) (Aft Central Primary Hallway (169,114,2))
I respect that you didn't tell security that they were an antagonist though. Unfortunately security were already fully aware there were revs and believed Julia was one of them.
I'm pretty sure you would have been noted, and even possibly banned, if you had killed your revolutionary teammate instead of handing them into security. I doubt it would've been called IC.

I believe you lack an understanding of just how strong teams are meant to be. They are not fluff roleplay suggestions, they're hard lines that are supported by the crunch of the game. When I play CS:GO, and chain teamkill some fucker for buying a weapon that isn't the negev I am removed from the match no matter how much I think that dickhead deserved it. It is no different here, you are a team and you are expected to work together, not throw eachother under the bus for a perceived slight.

The rules state that notes may only be appealed if you believe they are factually inaccurate, or represent you in an unfair light. This note details a factual retelling of events and I do not intend to remove it, however if you have a suggestion for rewording the note to represent you in a fairer light I am all ears, let me hear it.

(P.S. I respect your healthy hatred for greytiders, fuckers are not epic. But when you're a revolution everyone on the team is a greytider. Show some solidarity with your fellow oppressed maint rats.)
(P.P.S. I'm sorry if this reply is hard to read I'm still getting to grips with the formatting here.)