Arctrooper8
Byond Username: Arctrooper8

[<JaredFogle>] Arctrooper8 - Perma Ban

Post by Arctrooper8 » #622887

BYOND account: Arctrooper8
Character name: Gwendolyn Leichter
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "After being told to curb with creepy behavior with another player, continued to perform creepy and sexual acts. While never performing anything extremely explicit, it's come up enough and disturbed enough admins to justify a rule 8 ban. Meta-friendships and even romantic relationships are perfectly fine, but not when it starts to disturb others."
Time ban was placed: 2021-08-24 06:40:48
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 168363
Your side of the story: The ban reason, while perhaps slightly exaggerated in my opinion, provides a good trusted basis for what happened. In specific, Brianna and I spent all our time on TG together to the point of forming a close relationship that we explored in an inappropriate way for the /TG/ servers considering the behavioral expectations of /TG/ especially with regards to rule 8. We never meant any harm to others nor to make other feel uncomfortable in what should have been an area free of the more suggestive activities we partook in.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Since being banned from Sybil I have come to better understand Rule 8 and the fact that such behavior is unbecoming of /TG/. I also hope that enough time has passed where I might be allowed a second chance to rejoin the community I spent so much time in and prove my claims of learning my lesson.
References of good conduct: Since being banned from Sybil /TG/ I have been playing extensively on TGMC without causing any issues. I even made a GitHub PR for TGMC and got it merged.
Anything else we should know: I had to write this twice since I lost all my progress the first time, If I messed anything up or sound insincere because of that I'm deeply sorry. Originally I used this spot to thank Mothblocks for being so kind and calm when permabanning me. No it is not an attempt at flattery, merely my thanks to a good admin.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [<JaredFogle>] Arctrooper8 - Perma Ban

Post by Mothblocks » #622894

I think calling it slightly exaggerated has some weight to it, though the core of it really was that there were some fairly recurring complaints about people being weirded out. I think you've made it clear at this point that you recognize that, especially during the ban itself. Your response at the time has actually stuck to me pretty deeply since. I was very worried you wouldn't end up appealing, just because stuff like this is undeniably uncomfortable--I applaud your willingness to push through that.

I'm very happy to see you go the full mile and then some to show a clear commitment towards wanting to return, and I don't expect any issue with you. I have no problem lifting this ban, and will be doing so shortly. I'll almost assuredly do the same with Brianna, though for paperwork reasons, they'll have to file their own appeal of course.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Arctrooper8
Byond Username: Arctrooper8

Re: [<JaredFogle>] Arctrooper8 - Perma Ban

Post by Arctrooper8 » #622895

I debated writing this after some rest and I probably will write more then. But at the very least I should say Thank you as soon as possible.
So thank you Mothblocks for unbanning me, and perhaps thank you more for caring enough about the server and community to ban me in the first place. But most of all thank you for the kindness and compassion, it really means a lot to me all the support I received from friends when considering whether to appeal or not.