Character name: John Highwayman
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: see attached
Time ban was placed: 12/31/21 22:19
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 175760
Your side of the story: Called a sec officer a faggot in deadchat
Why you think you should be unbanned: Admin said I would be unbanned if I didn't use slurs

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [JaredFogle] Saintjohn - Permaban

Post by Mothblocks » #623673

Here's the ticket log for reference:
From Ticket #2 during round 175760 on Sybil
Ticket opened at 2021-12-31 22:07:39 by jaredfogle
Log:
22:07:39: Ticket Opened by-jaredfogle: John Highwayman says, "what is this faggots problem man" cool it please, dont use slurs to refer to other people
22:09:10: Reply from-jaredfogle: John Highwayman says, "one just told me to cool it with the slurs" John Highwayman yells, "I don't think I will!!!!" do you plan on following the rules of the server?
22:09:29: Reply from-saintjohn: sorry if that upset you but it was clearly a joke :-)
22:10:01: Reply from-jaredfogle: you didnt respond to the initial ahelp and then said that, it very much was not "clearly a joke" will you stop using slurs against other people?
22:10:19: Reply from-saintjohn: I don't use it as a slur boss
22:10:36: Reply from-jaredfogle: faggot is a slur and using it against other people is against rule 11, this isn't negotiable
22:11:32: Reply from-jaredfogle: so will you stop using slurs against other people?
22:15:24: Reply from-jaredfogle: one last time--will you stop using slurs against other people?
22:15:33: Reply from-saintjohn: I stopped didn't I
22:15:43: Reply from-jaredfogle: as in, in the future. will you stop
22:16:12: Reply from-saintjohn: No promises - I use them exstenively and to no intent of hurting others
22:17:08: Reply from-jaredfogle: if you do not intend to follow the rules then i cannot keep you here--that is why im asking. if you intend to use slurs against other people despite this conversation, you're going to be banned until you can promise to not use slurs again
22:17:27: Reply from-saintjohn: Would you rather I lie?
22:19:30: Jaredfogle/(Mothblocks) has created a permanent server ban for Saintjohn.
22:19:31: Resolved by Jaredfogle
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.13.3
A lot of what went into this ban is your conduct--you, at several points, avoided either responding to the ticket or taking it seriously, such as just having flippant responses or talking about the ticket in dead chat instead of to me.

In this appeal you don't even say you won't use slurs, just that I said you would be.

Here's rule 11:
11. Bigotry is not allowed.
Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject the expression of bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.

This means rather than warning or banning for quoting a usage such as "Griff McNazi got banned for calling somebody a faggot" or even things like "nigga pls" and "what are you faggots playing" which are generally not statements made to be bigoted, we'll focus more on statements like "you talk like a [insert stereotype]" or "x is a [insert slur]".
Will you promise to avoid directing slurs at other people, in line with rule 11?
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
saintjohn

Post by saintjohn » #623676

Yeah
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #623740

I'll lift the ban once I get up then.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #623743

You've been unbanned.