Johanot
Byond Username: Johanot

[WalterMeldron] Johanot - banned for posting ascii 2

Post by Johanot » #623664

BYOND account: Johanot
Character name: Garrett Kelley
Ban type: Server
Ban length: permanent
Ban reason: posted ascii art in ooc along with fake IPs of some admins. when asked about it, posted ascii art in adminhelp. when threatened with getting banned said it would be "very unfortunate" and disconnected
Time ban was placed: 23.11.2021 19:13:41
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 173551
Your side of the story: it is as it is written in the ban reason. i did not ever take the admins' orders not to post ascii seriously, because i've never seen any rule like that written anywhere (at least, last i checked, "do not post ascii art" wasn't written anywhere in the rules). i disconnected when i was talking to the admin because i had to go to uni by that time
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am sorry for posting ascii art in occ and i've taken a long break since the incident
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Re: [WalterMeldron] Johanot - banned for posting ascii 2

Post by Waltermeldron » #623672

You forgot to talk about the fact that you posted fake IPs of several admins on the server too and that you posted a joke appeal less than 30 days ago, why do you think you deserve a second chance?
Johanot
Byond Username: Johanot

Post by Johanot » #623691

Waltermeldron wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:27 pm You forgot to talk about the fact that you posted fake IPs of several admins on the server too and that you posted a joke appeal less than 30 days ago, why do you think you deserve a second chance?
i didn't forget that i posted the fake IPs, I included that in the ban reason in my post. i thought it would be humorous to start up the random number generator and post ips in the ooc. back then, i did not see any problem with posting fake IPs in OOC (to be blunt, I still don't, but I will definitely not do it again).

my first appeal was very childish and unserious because at the time of writing it, i was in a very good mood and a little drunk. i think i deserve a second chance because:
1. i consider my violation to be comparatively mild for a permanent ban
2. i mostly have a good record on the server. excluding ascii- and spam?-related misconduct, i'd say i've been a rule-abiding player
3. i will strive to be better and more sensitive to the community's rules
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Post by Waltermeldron » #623844

I don't think I'm going to be accepting this appeal because of your joke appeal and your past history. It also seems like you're trying to come up with excuses as to why you didn't listen to an admin instead of just admitting that what you were doing was wrong and that you are sorry for it. Not every single thing you do is in the rules so when an admin asks you to stop doing something, you should stop.

This appeal is rejected.