MrMushy
Byond Username: MrMushy

[Lulufren] MrMushy - Ban

Post by MrMushy » #623667

BYOND account: MrMushy
Character name: Jamal Lequivious
Ban type: Terry/Non-antag Janitor
Ban length: 1day
Ban reason: Shot and critted a warden with a .50ae pistol as a non-antag - seemed to have keyboard issues when ahelped in the round after that and disconnected. Feel free to appeal and explain what happended once you have solved the technical issues.
Time ban was placed:[/b2022-01-01 19:53:24 (SERVER TIME)
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 175811
Your side of the story: I don't have a good memory but I remember the warden being aggressive and he lethaled me after that I shot him with my deagle that I got from a player who suicided.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I see why I was banned but i think i deserve an unban cause I think I did right by self defense and only critted him. A 1 day ban is just a nuisance.
Anything else we should know: My keyboard broke for some random reason I dont know why it just broke in the middle of a round. I just found a crusty ass old keyboard from my closet and am using it now.
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Re: [Lulufren] MrMushy - Ban

Post by Lulufren » #623674

After re-visiting the logs, it looks like there was an earlier shoving match, then a brief pause, and you fired the lethals in response to disabler shots, then continued with lasers and stun baton.

Disablers do not count as lethals (they cause stamina-crit, which wears off quickly) and security/warden are justified in using them to maintain order.
So in this circumstance, i will uphold this ban, as responding to a warden's disabler with a .50ae shot is a clear overescalation.
MrMushy
Byond Username: MrMushy

Re: [Lulufren] MrMushy - Ban

Post by MrMushy » #623698

Earlier into the round before the shoving match he was being aggressive with me and i could tell when he would disabled me he would've killed me, I shoved him somewhere in the round and then he started yelling "HES TRYING TO KILL ME" and other shittery-type stuff. Also a detective shot me with a lethal bullet round and in return i shot him and the warden started disabling me in which return i started shooting him. Still theres only 5 hours left to my ban and its just a nuisance not being able to play for 5 hour when I can be unbanned. I learnt that I shouldnt respond to stuns with lethals and I am mostly in fault here..
Last edited by MrMushy on Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.