Mr Gandalf
Byond Username: Cornflakes2226

[Sweet Daytona] Critilius - Banned for Framing and Over escalation

Post by Mr Gandalf » #623708

BYOND account: Critilius
Character name: Cole Martins
Ban type: Temporary Ban
Ban length: 7 Days
Ban reason: Banned by host You, or another user of this computer or connection (Critilius) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Repeated overescalation despite being warned beforehand, in addition to tying to frame other players as antags to conform with his actions. Wasted time in ahelps and was unsympathetic at the end of it Server is better off without them. Permaban net This ban (BanID #58168) was applied by Sweet Daytona on 2022-01-02 17:23:12 during round ID 175872. The ban is for 7 days and expires on 2022-01-09 17:23:12 (server time).
Time ban was placed: 02/02/2022 17:23:12
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 175872
Your side of the story: This whole thing is a mess I will do my best to clarify the situation. My Crowbar was stolen by a curator and she attacked me with my own crowbar I ended up killing her with an explosive lance [self defence] when she exploded I saw throwing stars so I called her a traitor. Soon I was talking to an admin regarding what just happened about unjustified escelation and framing for calling her a traitor. I understand explosive lance may have been too much, some time later I was in medbay where I saw the clown, clown was fighting the doctor and claiming the virologist was poisoning him so I defended the clown I did not do much just wrestled the Virologist on the table once. Then someone called Owens came fucked me up and the clown I almost critted and he put a bomb under me made me almost die and lose 2 of my limbs. Thinking about my previous experience I ahelped it since I was warned for escalation. During the ahelp I am not sure if this is true however the admin told me I was framing Owens and was meta targeting him across servers or something this is 100% false. I have no idea who this guy is I called him out on the radio [Owens Bad] while he was fucking me up and put a bomb under me I thought he was a traitor this has nothing to do with framing the man was killing me. It was a failed assassination attempt at best Logs will showw how much he fucked me up and fled. Later instead of taking revenge by killing I actually found a security officer and reported the crime since admin told me to to ask security, well no luck there unsuprisiingly as Owens claimed I was a framing him. At this point I was very salty about the whole situation and the curator I killed earlier on the round came at me with a spear and chopped me up which is ironic because She Ahelped about improper escelation and disregarded it when killing me truly most dishonorable act. I was very disappointed and pmmed the admin about the hypocrisy of the whole thing when I get killed by meta targeters even though I actually took the admins advice. At the end I got banned for framing Owens and apparently meta-targeting him because I know him or something which is utterly false. I have never seen that man before!
Why you think you should be unbanned: This whole situation was a mess and I acted very salty in the admin helps because I was salty that was not nice of me however, I deny the charges of meta framing and targeting as I have no clue who these people are. I may have over escelated with the explosive lance as I admited in the ahelp however I do not believe I deserved a week ban for calling out other players for being traitors when I really thought they were traitors also total ignorance to unjustified escalation. I would like to apologise to the admin handling my case as I acted without thinking.
Last edited by Mr Gandalf on Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: [Sweet Daytona] Critilius - Banned for Framing and Over escalation

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #623732

According to scrubby (https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/175872?h=critilius), there wasn't any player-controlled character called "Owens" in that round, and the only log that contains the word "Owens" is this:
Screenshot_20220103-010426.png
Mr Gandalf
Byond Username: Cornflakes2226

Post by Mr Gandalf » #623746

I see it Owen Mcshain its in the players list . https://ibb.co/Lrbk9Qr
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #623752

Rules regarding the use of public logs in ban appeals:

Any omissions of in between lines must be clearly marked in-line to the logs along with a brief description giving a rough amount of the lines removed, what they contained, and why they were removed
-snip-(500 lines of the clown slipping the hos in the other room removed for being irrelevant)
Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #623759

Hey, i was the curator that round, prior to the crowbar incident, the person here saw me drag an air can, and tried to get me arrested by a newfriend seccie by lying about the content of that can without any prior interraction. After i reasoned with the sec off and showed them it was indeed air, they proceeded to tell they "hate cats" both to me and the sec off, then to everyone via pda messages. After i was speaking with someone, when he came back he said he "didn't trust me" at which point he started following me, so i slipped him, stole his crowbar, and tried to close firelocks to prevent him from following me, at which point he moved me, i accidentally hit, and before i knew it, i was dead, lacking 3 out of 4 of my limbs, with my clothes deleted, my ID deleted, and basically everything else. I would also like to clarify that, when you get everything you have done in a round deleted by a person for basically nothing, for me, that warrants retaliation.
My point is, you didn't kill me in "self defense" you killed me cus you wanted to kill me so hard you just waited for me to do anything that could warrant me death before acting as if you knew i was a traitor. Acting as if i initiated the conflict is just lying by omitting our precedent interaction.
Sweet Daytona
Byond Username: Sweet Daytona

Post by Sweet Daytona » #623779

Hey and thank you for appealing.

I'll run through the events as I saw them.
Over escalation was the theme from the start with your absurd handling of Stella stealing your crowbar, your final explanation being that you had been the victim of a similar over escalation that wasn't handled by an admin and thought that was just how things worked, which I sympathised with especially on terry, and given you small note history I had good reason to believe you. The two of us then seemed to arrive at an understanding once I had laid out the rules of escalation, at which point only a note was given and I felt we could move on from it.
However it then came to my attention from the victim that you were falsely trying to frame your victim as a traitor before as well as after you killed them, as the notes were already wrapped up I decided not to take any further action. That was until you ahelped later asking for over escalation to be looked into on your behalf regarding Owen McShain who you said had put a bomb under you only to find that you had attacked a doctor trying to administer a cure to a clown who didn't want to take his medicine. Owen Mcshain then became involved in this fight to defend the doctor, throwing a firecracker underneath you (Which I cannot fault given your actions this shift) who you then called out as a traitor. A repeating theme with you being needlessly aggressive and faking traitor callouts to the detriment of the players.
And after over half an hour of reasoning all you can phlegm up is some asinine comment about trump, clearly you weren't taking this seriously anymore so I followed suit.

I won't be lifting the ban.