Post by SusImposter » #623862

BYOND account: SusImpostor
Character name: Vladimir Melnikov
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: Image
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 176010
Your side of the story: When a bunch of gorillas tried to feed me pill that makes you into gorilla on a shuttle i fleed in a small room them proceeded to tell them to fuck off and that "i don't want to be blackified".
Why you think you should be unbanned: While after reviewing the rules i can see how that can be seen by someone as being racist, but i truly didn't mean it, as gorilla sprite was truly of a black color and i used that phrase rather unconsciously i believe. I apologize for using such word if that helps, i should've used gorillafied or something similar i guess. Also personally i don't think that single phrase warrants a outright ban if i can say that, considering i had no bans prior that (from my memory).
Anything else we should know: Later (shortly after encounter i described in "your side of the story) my pAI (K.A.I i think) told me that "it was casually racist" (among the lines, i don't remember what exactly sadly), and i cited some meme i've seen somewhere on discord that said something among the lines of "i'm not casual, i'm professional" in relation to being racist which in no means implied i indeed was expressing hatred towards a certain group, it was merely a joke that i didn't even give a second thought because i didn't realize how it might be racist in the first place.
Last edited by SusImposter on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SusImposter
Byond Username: SusImpostor

Re: [Hulkamania] SusImpostor - Server Ban

Post by SusImposter » #623863

After thinking some more about it and reading other appeals, rule precedents and enforcement guidelines, i would also like to add that it wasn't a slur (from my understanding) and it wasn't directed at anyone, and i wasn't expressing hatred or intolerance by saying that phrase, so i honestly don't think i violated the rule 11 (i assume it's the one i supposedly broke, admin didn't reference a rule). If i did, then i'm sorry.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] SusImpostor - Server Ban

Post by Hulkamania » #623867

I truly do not see any world in which you can come to the conclusion that turning into a gorilla is the same as becoming black in color, knowing full well the history behind black people being compared to primates.

You are correct you had no bans, nor notes, prior to this engagement, which is why I only issued a day ban instead of something more severe. The only part of this ban appeal I believe is that you feel some level of remorse, but even if truly was not intended to be racist (which I find highly questionable) I can see no other way to construe that statement and the punishment remains. 24 hours from the game is not a big deal, and you will be back in the servers soon enough.

I am denying this, barring any theoretical headmin intervention.