Note removal appeal Riggle

Appeals which have been closed.
Papilon

Note removal appeal Riggle

Post by Papilon » #624033

2022-01-06 09:32:58 | Manuel | Round 176109 | Riggle | 235h Living Playtime

Warned not to destroy the gravity generator as a zombie, as that counts as actively harming your team

BYOND account: Misurn
Character name: I dont know, i was sa zombie Character name at time of ban
Ban type: Note Server/Role(s)/OOC/etc
Ban reason:
Warned not to destroy the gravity generator as a zombie, as that counts as actively harming your team
Copy this from the server. If this is a server ban, attempt to connect. If it is not a server ban, view your notes with "View Admin Remarks" button under OOC tab in-game. An image is suitable, but do **not** paraphrase or otherwise modify the reason.
Time ban was placed: 2022-01-06 09:32:58 Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned:Manuel Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed:Round 176109 Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235

Your side of the story:I was on my way to destroy all of atmospheric storage canisters to bring penitence upon the living humans who breathed stuff, captain told me to accompany him, he insisted in doing so, youc an see in the logs
i followed him and he ordered me to help him destroy the gravitational genrator, round ended around 10 minutes later, zombies had eaten most of the station already, though also most had simply gone ssd
Explain what happened in your own words.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It wasnt my fault, nobody cared about the gravitational generator, it was lowpop and amnt sure anybody really reported it
i want to erase this note because its a misleading presedence which amnt guilty of, it will do no other good but to get me in more trouble for stuff that would otherwise had been allowed pleasingly by admins.

Most importantly, i think that making the station an unsafe place for humans and not zombies its the opposite of actively harming my team, then again, i was following captains orders and all i did was destroy a single apc.
Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.

Anything else we should know:Just because i once harmed a single revolutionary ally in the heat of the momment, it doesnt mean i am an evil doer who actively seeks to harm my own team. Each note added out of prejudice or grudges will trigger more and more to the end of times. If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your appeal, include it here. For example, if you have recently been banned from another server, or have had issues in other communities, it may be a preferable to be transparent and address that here, rather than them being brought up during the appeal process. If this section does not apply to you, feel free to remove it.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Re: Note removal appeal Riggle

Post by Riggle » #624085

Thanks for appealing, that way we can both understand each other better!

I understand that you were ordered by the captain, but unfortunately everyone is equal as a zombie. Since you were not completely aware of this, I'll be changing this note to:
Warned not to destroy the gravity generator as a zombie, even if ordered to by another zombie that used to be of higher rank, as that counts as actively harming your team
Keep in mind that just because someone ordered you to do something doesn't make it alright. Would you maxcap the station if the RD told you to? I'll leave this appeal open for a while so you can ask any further questions.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text