[Hulkamania] Turtle - Discord Appeal (Reprise)

Appeals which have been closed.
567Turtle
Byond Username: 567Turtle

[Hulkamania] Turtle - Discord Appeal (Reprise)

Post by 567Turtle » #624426

Discord Account: Turtle#3659

Ban type: Discord

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Rule 11, Rule 1, Rule 1a

Time ban was placed: 10.01.2021

Server you were playing on when banned: Discord

Your side of the story: 3 months a go I was posting some memes in #politics-containment in the TGstation Discord server when I got a ping. It was from an individual that I knew from another Server who I didn't like. In this other Server we would constantly bicker and argue, making mean spirited comments to each other. I was the one who started this in the other Server, I would constantly bully him because he did something mean to me in a game, what that was I don't even remember at this point, and since then I had hated him, constantly being a grade A asshole to him. He pinged me in Politics Containment, saying something along the lines of "This user was mean to me, Ban him!" to which I responded with, "Shut the fuck up faggot, kys, blow your brains across the wall with a 12 Guage shotgun." or something else to that effect, to which we continued to argue for a few minutes before Hulkamania stepped in and rightfully banned me permenantely from the discord server.

References of good conduct: None in the TGstation Discord or SS13 server, but, about 2 weeks after this event me and the user got into a call with eachother for around half and hour and just talked. We discussed what had happened and how we had both treated eachother horribly. We agreed to forgive and forget and since then we have actually been friends, unlike when I lied about us being friends in my first attempt to appeal, around 3 months a go. If you wish to verify these claims, his current discord name and tag is Stayk#6808, if you do reach out to him, please don't bother him too much with my prior shenanigans, I've caused him enough TG related grief for quite some time.

Anything else we should know: I know I was an incredibly dubious and volatile member in the TG community. I was a massive asshole who wanted nothing but to get a rise out of people, yet wanting no punishment out of it. I was a monster, to put it shortly, with no respect or empathy towards any other person in the community. But after I was banned from the discord server I started thinking. I decided I would attempt to make a change for the better. Since then I have been steadily improving from the absolute asshole I was before my Ban and I believe I am at a state where I am ready to rejoin the TG community. If you will give me another chance you will not regret it. I am immeasurably grateful that this Ban has been only a discord one, but I would very much like to return to the discord. I highly enjoyed the community there and I promise from the bottom of my heart that I have changed in these 3 months. I have also thoroughly reread both the game and discord rules and will try my hardest not to break any or them if I am given another chance.
Last edited by 567Turtle on Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] Turtle - Discord Appeal (Reprise)

Post by Hulkamania » #625195

I've been thinking this over for a while, and I'm going to lift this.