In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

[mralphonzo] tjatpnbj

Post by tjatpbnj » #635058

BYOND account: tjatpbnj
Character name: Acco
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Repeatedly harassing a player despite a long, long, LONG talk telling them to respect their boundaries. Unresponsive to administrative action. Griefed during the Winter Ball despite multiple announcements warning against such behavior. Recent warning from Shaps, stating that punishments will escalate. Overall childish behavior.
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-06 21:41:26
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 179538
Your side of the story: I shoved a conga line full of moths and attacked them repeatedly. I used the instant heal and teleport to aid me in doing it. I stopped once asked. I'm not sure what unresponsive refers to specifically, but if it was a lack of response to your PMs, I don't believe I was ever prompted to before I was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I realize that I probably shouldn't have done that, it was grief. I don't really believe it's worthy of a permaban, however, especially considering what I did really didn't affect anyone for more than a few minutes, with the free aheals and all.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: [mralphonzo] tjatpnbj

Post by MrAlphonzo » #635061

How about we start with not understanding what I meant by "unresponsive to administrative action" and relating that to "griefed during the ball despite multiple announcements warning against that behavior", as one example. We can work our way up from there.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned

Post by tjatpbnj » #635071

MrAlphonzo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:05 am How about we start with not understanding what I meant by "unresponsive to administrative action" and relating that to "griefed during the ball despite multiple announcements warning against that behavior", as one example. We can work our way up from there.
I see
When I started doing it, it felt less like grief and more like a joke, and I kept escalating it when I shouldn't have.
MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #635192

Alright, we're getting somewhere. You didn't take the warnings seriously because you thought what you were doing would be considered harmless.

Now, lets take "unresponsive to administrative action" and relate that to "Repeatedly harassing a player despite a long, long, LONG talk telling them to respect their boundaries"

As you can imagine, if I sit you down for half an hour and make myself perfectly crystal clear, walking you through all the steps, the expectation is that you won't do it again.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned

Post by tjatpbnj » #635215

MrAlphonzo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:31 pm Alright, we're getting somewhere. You didn't take the warnings seriously because you thought what you were doing would be considered harmless.

Now, lets take "unresponsive to administrative action" and relate that to "Repeatedly harassing a player despite a long, long, LONG talk telling them to respect their boundaries"

As you can imagine, if I sit you down for half an hour and make myself perfectly crystal clear, walking you through all the steps, the expectation is that you won't do it again.
This circumstance seemed different, before it was IC and there were consequences ingame, but this event was completely OOC, and there were no real consequences. I won't do it again, though.
MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #635216

tjatpbnj wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:30 pm
MrAlphonzo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:31 pm Alright, we're getting somewhere. You didn't take the warnings seriously because you thought what you were doing would be considered harmless.

This circumstance seemed different, before it was IC and there were consequences ingame, but this event was completely OOC, and there were no real consequences. I won't do it again, though.
No, there were most definitely consequences out of the game in both cases. Otherwise, I would not have gotten involved. You've continued to draw their ire, which drags staff into the mix, and put me into an awkward position of trying to correct your behavior, while not being too heavy-handed to respect the wishes of the other party. Your inability to see the consequences of your behavior is eroding any faith I'd have in lifting this ban. If that wasn't enough, you've already given me a guarantee of "not doing it again" the first time I spoke with you.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned

Post by tjatpbnj » #635240

Yes, I agree, it's fairly clear that there were consequences now. I wouldn't have done these things if I thought it would be elevated to administrative action, because it seemed relatively harmless.
MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #635249

It wouldn't have been elevated to administrative action if you listened to them in the first place.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned

Post by tjatpbnj » #635429

That's true, but I still don't think it's worthy of a permaban, in any case.
MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #635517

tjatpbnj wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:35 am I wouldn't have done these things if I thought it would be elevated to administrative action
This is the problem, right here.

It doesn't inspire much faith for you to say that, in essence, you're only sorry that you were caught. You have little, to no regard, for the consequences of your actions short of if it would get you pulled over by an administrator. Every interaction I've had with you, you've put in less than the minimum effort expected of a player acting in good faith, and ultimately seem not particularly concerned with taking any of this seriously.

You've continued to poke the bear, and I'm fairly certain that if I were to lift this ban, you would continue to be the same thorn in the side of all parties involved.

This appeal is denied.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote: