Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

[FlamingCheese] Annihilite - Note appeal for boning-adjacent activity

Post by Annihilite111 » #635611

BYOND account: Annihilite
Character name: Hans Heisenberg
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent, presumably
Ban reason: "Killed two witnesses that saw him in a room in maints with an AI upload. Warned not to kill people that happen to stumble upon him doing suspisious activities unless they actively threaten his safety as an antagonist"
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-30 14:56:56
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 180782
Your side of the story:
The plan was simple- Or it should have been- Plant a radio jammer in the AI upload, and have the (subverted) AI message the captain about an ion law that muted it. When the captain entered the upload, the doors would close behind him, leaving him screaming into the static of the jammer as the upload turrets cooked him alive. Of course, things never work out, do they? I find myself in an abandoned chamber in maintenance, scrambling to construct the upload console i had wisely kept on my person until now, and i am a wanted man. The captain didn't come alone, and our carefully laid trap was sprung prematurely. My silicon servants were quickly restored to company protocols, and immediately ratted me out to security. I screw the monitor onto the upload console, and with a flick of my wrist the chamber is lit with a dim blue light. I insert my hacked law module, and feel a bit of tension leave my body as the AI's voice crackles in my ear, translated from binary through means i don't understand. I allow myself a moment of relief, before launching into a barrage of orders. I have my allies back.
Then i freeze, as the footsteps outside grow loud enough to notice.
There is no time to think. I reach for my plant bag without taking my eyes off the airlock, fishing out a round, bumpy plant. The assistant barely has time to utter a "wha" before she's on the floor, my botanical weapon bouncing off her shoulder. I don't know how long the effect will last, so i move quickly. I cannot restrain her, so i must silence her permanently. I am still stripping the corpse when the airlock hisses open a second time, to a repeat of the last murder. I have to move quickly: this place is going to crawl with officers any se-
*Bwoink*

----------

I want to start off by apologising for using the appeal as a creative writing exercise. I started writing out what happened and it just sort of naturally turned into this. To clarify, I am appealing my note because it was made on the premise that traitors may not kill witnesses to activities that are illegal but not directly tied to their objectives, which i believe to be an incorrect interpretation of MRP rule 5. If there's any confusion as to the situation i am more than happy to answer any questions.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The note was applied because of a misinterpretation of the murderboning definitions.
References of good conduct: It's been over a month(?) since i got my last ban/note!
Anything else we should know: I kinda regret not doing something more fun with the witnesses. I didn't have cuffs, but i could probably have threatened them into compliance or something. Manuel needs more antag-crew interactions in my opinion, and letting an opportunity to do that slip by feels bad. This is entirely beside the point of the appeal but i really like typing okay?
Also i asked Rave and Timber for advice on the note on discord before appealing.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: [FlamingCheese] Annihilite - Note appeal for boning-adjacent activity

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #635653

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#What ... rboning.3F

Quoting relevant rule excerpt from roleplay rules:
Murderboning is NOT

Self-defense.
Someone actively trying to make it difficult for you to complete your objectives is fine to eliminate in pursuit of completing your objective. This would include witnesses.
Very explicitly said that murdering witnesses is a valid justification for killing someone.
FlamingCheese
Byond Username: FlamingCheese

Post by FlamingCheese » #635777

I will start by apologizing for placing the note as I applied it in a rush without much thought put into it, I have also gotten feedback by other admins about it. I will lift the note shortly and I will be trying my best not to repeat this again.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #635810

FlamingCheese wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:15 pm I will start by apologizing for placing the note as I applied it in a rush without much thought put into it, I have also gotten feedback by other admins about it. I will lift the note shortly and I will be trying my best not to repeat this again.
It's quite alright, although i should state that i DID talk to you quite extensively about the situation, so i'm not sure what you mean with not putting much thought into it. Mistakes happen though, and i understand that you're still getting the hang of everything! No hard feelings.