[DISCORD] QFman

Appeals which have been closed.
qfmysteryman23
Byond Username: Qfmysteryman23

[DISCORD] QFman

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #635659

Discord username: Qfman#7953
Commonly used names: Qfmysteryman23, Massage, Gulagtime.
Banning admin: I do not remember, this was almost 2 years ago.
Ban reason: I shared a gif that another person posted that had the N word in it.
Time ban was placed: No idea. Cant see that.
Your side of the story: Spreading a gif with the NWord was not cool, but at that time saying the N word wasn't bannable(within context) and I had seen people beforehand post the same gif and not get reprimanded or warned and thus I thought it was ok to do at the time.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not gonna post or say anything like that if im unbanned from the discord server. I want to be involved with the community (:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [DISCORD] QFman

Post by CitrusGender » #635688

Prior two appeal threads:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27594&p=576792
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27750&p=578819
also ingame appeal: viewtopic.php?p=580929#p580929

I remember you, I don't know why you posted this stuff back then without much context immediately after you got unbanned. I don't even think you provided much context and you were also banned twice, so I'd imagine it'd be a good idea to not toe the line.
qfmysteryman23
Byond Username: Qfmysteryman23

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #635793

CitrusGender wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:07 am Prior two appeal threads:

I remember you, I don't know why you posted this stuff back then without much context immediately after you got unbanned. I don't even think you provided much context and you were also banned twice, so I'd imagine it'd be a good idea to not toe the line.
I posted those gifs (If I remember correctly) because another person prior to me also posted the same gifs with the n**mode caption, others were doing the same thing as well. Yes I know that doesn't justify what I did, I'm just giving context. My first discord ban was because I posted a picture of title screen of Fulpstation after it got hacked, and the picture was that of SpongeBob getting sloppy toppy from Plankton with the captions: "Hacked by Guptaworld, in collaboration with yogstation." I don't remember why I posted it, maybe we were talking about the hack, I don't know. Or it might have just been a random thing to get a reaction out of people. Either way, its been almost two years and I dont know why you brought up the ingame ban considering it doesn't really have anything to do with my discord ban other than to try and reinforce a point that you think I might do something like this again? Even though I'm not banned on many other ss13 discord servers and I don't post anything like that. Hell I got a voucher for good behavior from TGMC, your sister server. I'm in the NSV13 discord server, Tegustation discord server, TGMC discord server, paradise discord server, yogstation discord server, and all of these servers dont allow posting of NSFW/racist stuff, and thus the fact that I'm on these servers and not banned should give you a hint that I'm not posting stuff like that anymore.
Last edited by qfmysteryman23 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #636403

qfmysteryman23 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:21 pm
CitrusGender wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:07 am Prior two appeal threads:

I posted those gifs (If I remember correctly) because another person prior to me also posted the same gifs with the n**mode caption, others were doing the same thing as well. Yes I know that doesn't justify what I did, I'm just giving context. My first discord ban was because I posted a picture of title screen of Fulpstation after it got hacked, and the picture was that of SpongeBob getting sloppy toppy from Plankton with the captions: "Hacked by Guptaworld, in collaboration with yogstation." I don't remember why I posted it, maybe we were talking about the hack, I don't know. Or it might have just been a random thing to get a reaction out of people. Either way, its been almost two years and I dont know why you brought up the ingame ban considering it doesn't really have anything to do with my discord ban other than to try and reinforce a point that you think I might do something like this again? Even though I'm not banned on many other ss13 discord servers and I don't post anything like that. Hell I got a voucher for good behavior from TGMC, your sister server. I'm in the NSV13 discord server, Tegustation discord server, TGMC discord server, paradise discord server, yogstation discord server, and all of these servers dont allow posting of NSFW/racist stuff, and thus the fact that I'm on these servers and not banned should give you a hint that I'm not posting stuff like that anymore.

Right, I'd suppose that a few years is enough time. The stuff that you posted was a bit borderline and I intend to remember it in case something like this happens again.

I'll give you another chance. You're unbanned, do no harm.