Dogera
Byond Username: Dogera

[Fikou] Dogera - Mob Note

Post by Dogera » #635824

BYOND account: Dogera
Character name: Fights-The-Cat
Ban type: Note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: Helped a group of crewmen mob a plasmaman who was wearing HoP gear because they assumed they had an HoP ID and wanted to leave. They asked him if he had an ID and when he said he didn't and ran (a reasonable reaction to having three people corner you) they stripped him of his gear which resulted in his death.
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-03 16:15:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 179351
Your side of the story: I really just wasn't a part of this to sum it up. After 2 hours on the station, Nightmare roaming around, and all heads unresponsive and absent the crew wanted out. A person came into bridge saying the person we needed was in the dorms. So most of the people headed there, me included. I just sat and watched as a few people were around a dorm door asking for the ID, while someone was delivering me mail. But suddenly that person runs out of the dorm room without any explanation, and me thinking they're an antag escaping with the ID in stow, shoved them 4 times to make sure they didn't just disappear with the ID. I don't think anyone actually harmed them, just all shoves to get them to stop and explain.

And the rest of the situation and their death can just really be boiled down to modsuit mechanics. The people wanted to know if they had the ID, and because a modsuit nowadays acts as a bag, it had to be taken off. But what I don't think the people realized before it was too late was that they were a plasmaman, so removing their modsuit was going to kill them. There wasn't any good resolution, because people were trying to be as pacifist as possible while also getting the ID the crew needs. But due to modsuit mechanics, plasmamen seem kind of untouchable because if you try to check their modsuit bag, you're going to accidentally kill them.

I'm sorry for their death, but I don't think I can be held accountable for it. It was a result of the modsuit mechanics and circumstances, where the person as said in the note reason was even wearing HoP gear, so I think it's safe to assume they would've also had the card, and possibly even been an antag. After he died, I took his ID in hopes that they could be revived, so I can go apologize for what happened to him and give him his ID back.

All of this considered I just don't think this is a fair note, considering I wasn't really a part of it other than stopping him. I wanted for the crew to be able to call the shuttle, and for everyone in the situation to end up fine. I feel like the note was probably a bit rushed to just everyone in the logs, but I do understand that this situation was holding the end of the round up.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Re: [Fikou] Dogera - Mob Note

Post by Tearling » #635859

Logs of the round in question:
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... /game.html
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... attack.txt

I believe the first time Fights-The-Cat makes contact with the plasmaman (Krautkanone/Methane XIII) is at:
[2022-03-03 15:45:25.090] ATTACK: Dogera/(Fights-The-Cat) has shoved Krautkanone/(Methane XIII) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 30.9) (Central Primary Hallway (129,139,4))
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #635869

Hi, thanks for appealing!
I don't remember much of the event, but looking at the logs what you're saying checks out so sure, I'll remove the note.
Dogera
Byond Username: Dogera

Post by Dogera » #635901

Thank you! And yeah my apologies for such a late appeal, I didn't see it immediately and wasn't on during March after that day. But thanks for understanding.