Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

[NamelessFairy] Fikou - Sans Undertale

Post by Fikou » #635870

BYOND account: Fikou
Character name: Sans Undertale
Ban type: Appearance
Ban length: 1 Week
Ban reason: 2 days after I informed them that they cannot name themself sans undertale, called themself sans undertale. Sans Undertale is not a valid felinid name. Logged off before I was able to tell them from using this name again.
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-31 22:02:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 180854
Your side of the story: I played Sans Undertale, i was pm'd and my game crashed, being unable to return to it
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was using kitsune bodyparts, therefore I would argue I was not a felinid, but a kitsune, which don't have a naming policy. I also didn't log off, but crashed, so that part of the note should be changed.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: [NamelessFairy] Fikou - Sans Undertale

Post by NamelessFairy » #635872

I'll edit the note to remove the part where it states you logged off.

Besides that change to the note this appeal is denied.
You played a felinid with fox ears/tail, this is still a felinid that abides by the same naming policy as felinids, furthermore naming policy applies too all species unless alternate rules are specified. Sans Undertale is not a valid name for felinids, it does not fall within the realm of "a setting involving a wacky space station in the future" as it is a clear reference to a video game character and meme and can thus be considered, excessively OOC, and in accordance with naming policy I am disallowing this name at my discretion. Ordinarily you would just receive a warning for using a name like this but 2 days before this ban was placed you were informed it was not a valid name and appearance bans would be used if you attempted to use it, under these circumstances I believe that you have been sufficiently warned of the consequences of using this name and thus I intend to uphold this for the full duration of the ban.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #635883

i think it was fine to use the name sans undertale as a kitsune (especially during april fools) so i would like a headmin review
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #635908

we're upholding this because you named yourself sans undertale
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<