BYOND account: Bob Schrubbery BYOND account: Bob Schrubbery
Character name: Bob Schrubbery Character name at time of ban: Bob Schrubbery
Ban type: Server ban Server/Role(s)/OOC/etc: Chemist
Ban length: Permanent, 5 days, etc: 1 day
Ban reason: Blowing up 2 people with a grenade in my hand in cargo
Time ban was placed: 04:23:44
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 181102
Your side of the story: I had just got done making a test grenade with a proximity sensor that I was going to set up and test the distance you have to be for it to go off, I was looking for spray paint to paint "stay away" on the ground where I placed it. I was told to go to cargo for it so I did, and I sort of just force my way in cause I was getting impatient. Many weeks ago I had done something similar with a black hole grenade, which just moved things towards it. When I had a small confrontation with the cargo worker I thought it would be funny to have him collide with me, and I sort of forgot the mixture I had made was the meth explosion one. That is why when it detonated I didn't toss it, cause I completely forgot it would blow me and anyone around me up. My intentions, although not completely innocent, were not to really hurt anyone and definitely not to kill anyone. As for why I logged off after, I didn't think about the incoming admin help and didn't want to wait for the next round to start or for my character to be revived. This whole situation was mostly ignorance on my part,
Why you think you should be unbanned: Had I been trying to kill the guy for whatever reason I would have tossed the grenade at him, like I said I was under the impression that I was holding a mostly harmless grenade. I do believe it was justified, especially with me leaving right after. I did not mean to kill anyone or cause any major disturbance, this can be somewhat proven by the fact that I was one of the victims in the explosion.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: [San7890] Bob Schrubbery - ban contest

Post by san7890 » #636389

Hey there,

Thanks for giving me your side of the story. If you had stuck around, I likely would not have banned you. It's impossible to know when an admin will want to speak with you, of course. If I recall correctly, no one except you died, but you did hamper the two other people's rounds to some point (they were later healed in medbay). I may adjust the note to reflect this, but that will stay in some capacity.

I will log on to lift this ban in the coming minutes, if you are not able to connect after ten minutes from this post (I'll add an edit when it is lifted on my end), please do not hesitate to send another reply.

EDIT: The ban has been lifted and the note has been updated. Please let me know if you have any further issues.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Bob Schrubbery
Byond Username: Bob Schrubbery

Re: [San7890] Bob Schrubbery - ban contest

Post by Bob Schrubbery » #636391

I appreciate it, I'll be trying to hop on soon to make sure everything worked out